So i am at my customers plant today and my phone rings while i am talking with the plant manager. look at the display and have to take the call. Afterwards, mr plant manager asks me how i did that(get a call in the middle of their plant ,big steel box in the shadow of a mountain)so i just told him that any BlackBerry Z30 could do this because of paratec antenna. Company phones are all i-xxx and they have to go to the reception area where a repeater is installed. So he asked what else it could do and showed him a few things,you all know the list. So long story short next week their I.T. Man is meeting with me. they were told by a salesman that apple would be the solution to all business communication and they are finding out not so.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 08:50 PM
    Cool story. Ignorance is really a crime.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 08:58 PM
    I really didnt know there was reception issues there

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:02 PM
    Well done. Do you sell phones, or just happen to sell them without meaning to?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:28 PM
    Complete accident i am a heavy duty mechanic owner/operator and find BlackBerry works very well. I did have a samsung rugby lte which also worked okay but very messy to communicate and no multifunction ability

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:48 PM
    Lol... they were surprised iPhones have bad reception? I thought this was well documented. Not to mention AntennaGate.
    06-26-14 09:56 PM
    Apparently they were very surprised. Lots of advertising by apple and salesmen pushing apple. And you end up with a very inadequate tool. They actually carry two way radios in the plant to communicate because the i phones dont work. At least Z30 does

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 10:09 PM
    Cool story. Ignorance is really a crime.

Posted via CB10
    Easy there chris Hitchens.

CB10 on the Q10
    06-27-14 12:43 AM
    Lol... they were surprised iPhones have bad reception? I thought this was well documented. Not to mention AntennaGate.

Preach!!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    06-27-14 06:21 AM
    The Paratek antenna, spelled with a k, makes the Z30 the best mobile phone in terms or reception for mobile, WIFI and also improves data transfer speeds.

Tks for sharing your story
    06-27-14 09:58 PM
    Great! Thank you for sharing. I must agree the Z30 is awesome. I have noticed improved reception over the Z10 I had before.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 10:09 PM
    Z30 is awesome due to its Paratek antenna, yes it is. hopefully once 10.3 OS is out, as promised by Michael Clewley that 10.3 will bring the full fix to the "WifiGate" issue, we can close the "limited wifi connectivity" bug book for good.

awesome story, OP!
    06-28-14 09:36 AM
    OP please let us know if your company makes any decision about changing iphones

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:54 AM
    Its not my company with iPhones, but one of my customers. I run a mobile mechanical repair and the plant manager (my customer)was amazed that my Z30 was able to send and receive phone calls in the middle of their plant. The company issued iPhone will not. And i will repost mid next week after i meet with the company's I.T man

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 likes this.
    06-28-14 12:58 PM
    So i went back to the plant and met with I.T man and management. They were not aware that BlackBerry made a touch screen phone(still thought they were all pkb) and showed how bb10 works compared to i phones. Lots of negative. Could not grasp the concept of no home button or how many of the other features in bb10 work. I showed him how BlackBerry can multi function and hub and peek and flow ect ect ect. Was not looking good. Even went down to the plant floor where no i phones work phoned his boss ,took three pictures of the plant, composed an email,attached and sent the photos with the email while talking on speakerphone. His attitude changed. Maybe they could function without a home button. Anyways they have their cell provider to check on possibly changing to Z30 . Have to see how this shakes out.
    P.s. The I.T man is not happy with me for not playing nice and calling his boss on demo.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 09:28 AM
    P.s. The I.T man is not happy with me for not playing nice and calling his boss on demo.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. You can't make sales if you don't push a little. He'll come around. the IPhone guys probably called them every other day telling them they were behind the times. If you could send the Warehouse Manager a demo Z30.... but I'm not in sales so I don't know how they'd take it...

Anyway, nice "won" mate!
    07-02-14 10:15 AM
    Update
    Company is keeping iPhone and using 2 way radios for communication in the plant due to the large investment in apple ecosystem. Guess you must pay for poor choices

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 12:01 PM
    And Apple wins once again!