i just called my local store, all you have to do is call and talk to a sales rep. They have a list for every rep and if you get on that list before they are full you will be "gaurenteed one" i called and he told me, you come in at 8am you will not be waiting and just ask for me, and you will have one set aside for you with your phone number and name. Thats ALL you need!
    11-13-08 11:00 AM
    Really?! Wow I am so excited.....oh wait......thats old news....
    11-13-08 11:06 AM
    wow i was just trying to help, if you dont like my post... dont read it. what a hater
    11-13-08 11:07 AM
    i talked my rep in Sept.about the Storm we talkked like half hour then took my name and number.. didnt thank he would follow up well he just called and ask if im still have my problems with my voyager i said yes then ask if i was still interested i said yesss he sai ok with the problems your having VZW will sell the storm to you at.99.99 i bought wrecked my tractor yes im driving i than asked about my vip 50.00 deal he put me hold 5 mins later he goes 99.99-50.00 i did a double take **** yea ive never dealt with a phone compnay that is willing to do this thanks vzw oh i got me storm thurs. after 8pm im a happy camper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 11:15 AM
    wow... that is actually amazing. well ****! good fortune man, congrats i hope i can talk them down a bit as well... i have a line that is frozen i was ready to cancel until the storm came out. i should just be like oh im gonna cancel the line for iphone, they will probably be like 100$!
    11-13-08 11:17 AM
    Really?! Wow I am so excited.....oh wait......thats old news....
    Really? Can you link the thread that has this news in it? I know there was a list to get on to be notified that the storm was out but not a list that they will reserve a storm and tag it for you to come pick up.

Side note*** AnthonyAF99 why do you need to have the store hold one for you when you won a storm in the NYC hunt
    Last edited by Primate; 11-13-08 at 11:31 AM.
    11-13-08 11:24 AM
    i told the rep here about the official release date & he said..."no...its released the 23rd" i said...look at the VZW web page. there was a short silence....then..."huh...well...a Friday release makes more sense. thanks for the heads up!"
    11-13-08 11:30 AM
    hahaha np man, yeah well the guy said be here at 8AM and you will be "gaurenteed one" i suggest everyone does this so they have stock for you.
    11-13-08 11:30 AM
    BUMP hoping people will read
    11-13-08 11:34 AM
    Yup, just got off the phone with my local VZW. I called yesterday and got on the list. They told me they would call when the date was announced. I hadn't heard from them yet and was getting anxious! I know, its only 12:30 right! Anyway, the rep I spoke with confirmed I was on the list. She said there is nothing I need to do. She said they will call me to come pick up my Storm. She asked me how many I needed...for some reason I actually hesitated as if I needed more than one! I had to reassure myself that one is all I need...I was thinking maybe one for each hand! lol
    11-13-08 11:38 AM
    hahahaa well yeah as we were talking before i got a bold and now a storm on the way. ill def let you know which is better in my opinion. the bold is nice but im very very excited to check this storm out man
    11-13-08 11:40 AM
    surprised not alot of people are commenting on this, felt more would be in on the calling list! hope everyone gets one
    11-13-08 11:55 AM
    Hmm ... I contacted my local Verizon store and inquired about this and they acted like I was nuts for asking! She told me they only have a limited amount coming in, which will be dealt on a first-come first-serve basis. Also, they wouldn't be opening an hour early either. Have you got on this list from an actual Verizon store, or a kiosk, or, what? Thanks!
    11-13-08 11:56 AM
    surprised not alot of people are commenting on this, felt more would be in on the calling list! hope everyone gets one
    There are a few other threads floating around about the call list. There were several yesterday.
    11-13-08 11:58 AM
    people aren't commenting cause look at the 2nd post.
    This is old news.
    Sorry if I'm being too blunt, but I mean you're bumping this thread 4 minutes after your last post?
    You've opened two threads with old news within the same hour...
    11-13-08 11:58 AM
    i called an actual retail store (palisades center mall) west nyack new york
    11-13-08 11:59 AM
    Hmm ... I contacted my local Verizon store and inquired about this and they acted like I was nuts for asking! She told me they only have a limited amount coming in, which will be dealt on a first-come first-serve basis. Also, they wouldn't be opening an hour early either. Have you got on this list from an actual Verizon store, or a kiosk, or, what? Thanks!
    Sucks! Was this a corp store? My store is going to order however many are on the list.
    11-13-08 11:59 AM
    it is far from old news... this is NOT a call available list, THEY WILL HAVE THE PHONE GUARANTEED FOR ME ON THE DATE AT 8AM AND WITH MY NAME AND TAG AND PHONE NUMBER THERE READY FOR PICK UP. PLEASE LINK ME WHERE YOU SEE THIS
    11-13-08 12:00 PM
    If I must here are just a couple, plenty more out there (granted this is the same post, however, it was posted in two diff threads for more to see):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tml#post955231

and

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/exc...s-event-93459/

Need anything else just holla!
    Last edited by Pholey22; 11-13-08 at 12:12 PM.
    11-13-08 12:09 PM
    people have been talking in the call lists threads about how stores are telling them they are guaranteed a storm, i don't know how true this will actually be as we have seen in the past some sales people will tell you anything
    11-13-08 12:10 PM
    i called an actual retail store (palisades center mall) west nyack new york
    Hmm ... thanks for the info! I'll have to try a retailer around here!

Sucks! Was this a corp store? My store is going to order however many are on the list.
    Lucky! At this rate I think I'm going to be camping out if need be! It is an official Verizon Wireless Store, so I'd assume that's a corporate store. I'll be new to Verizon so not positive.
    11-13-08 12:12 PM
    it is far from old news... this is NOT a call available list, THEY WILL HAVE THE PHONE GUARANTEED FOR ME ON THE DATE AT 8AM AND WITH MY NAME AND TAG AND PHONE NUMBER THERE READY FOR PICK UP. PLEASE LINK ME WHERE YOU SEE THIS

Wow, you blasted me back against the back of my chair.

So tell me how you really feel.
    11-13-08 12:14 PM
    thanks pholey.
    11-13-08 12:22 PM
    well the sales rep told me exactly: here is my name come in and ask for me and i will have one for you. i highly doubt he will put his name on the line and not step up to the plate. just would seem stupid for his job security( have the phone conversation recorded )
    11-13-08 12:25 PM
    We believe you. They told me the same thing. My phone will be waiting on me Friday morning. They are ordering at least enough to cover everyone on the list. Have fun with yo new Storm!!
    11-13-08 01:00 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD