As the subject of this post.

I suppose other than 'BrickBreaker Bold' that BlackBerry themselves made how can we trust that any native BlackBerry 10 game is safe for use when a device has sensitive corporate data ? (will it leak data, provide possible back doors etc).

I do get the odd user asking about the sort of things that Legacy devices had in the past, they did ship with around four games per-installed at one point (a card game etc), but it's not the end of the world if those days are long gone with BB 10.

Thanks.
    06-26-14 10:55 AM
    Most deleted those games on BBOS device... this is a tool, not a toy.

Which is why people hate BlackBerry device - Admin can take all the fun out of having a free mobile device....

Yes games can be a concern today as MANY of them want to "share" information.... hard to find plan simple games that run locally with no interaction with networks outside your organization. If you have data that you feel is truly sensitive, you will have to look closely at any application that you allow and what policies and permissions you implement. Some games won't work based on some corporate setups. One reason that Balance is a very good way to allow people a personal device and a secure container... but I don't see many company owned devices setup using Balance.
    06-26-14 11:12 AM
    Most deleted those games on BBOS device... this is a tool, not a toy.

Which is why people hate BlackBerry device - Admin can take all the fun out of having a free mobile device....
    I've heard them called many things but rarely a tool ;-)

I always laugh when people ask why we don't use iPhones or Android devices, they just don't realise that once they've been locked down to the level we'd need them to be everything they consider to be current / new / exciting immediately goes out of the window, you're then left with a device that has far weaker e-mail and calendering etc than BB 10 !.
    06-27-14 03:36 AM
    It's not impossible that a malicious BB10 app may compromise a user's data, and any BES admin needs to think carefully before allowing an app to be accessible to the "work" side of BlackBerry World.

Honestly, I'd say that vendor reputation is one of the best things you can go by, though considering that the NSA apparently used popular games and apps to gather some user data, I'm not sure even that is a reliable indicator.
    06-27-14 04:16 AM