Introducing the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal | Inside BlackBerry

"BlackBerry has been in the limelight for many reasons, with people talking about everything from the unmatched reputation of our security to the latest device rumors to our vision for the Internet of Things. We expect this; we know we�re one of the most watched brands out there and our transformation is on public display.

As we�ve been working through this transition, there have been many vocal voices from competitors trying to incite fear, uncertainty and doubt about BlackBerry. In doing so, sensationalized reports surrounding our viability and misperceptions about our product portfolio have crowded the airwaves.

Given this environment, we must fight back. And BlackBerry�s best offense is to present the facts.

Today we are launching the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal, a place for us to hold our competitors accountable for what they say, when what they say is wrong. We�ll provide evidence that BlackBerry continues to be a leader in mobile, and we�ll expose �smoke and mirrors� marketing tactics by competitors.

This Portal will be your one-stop reference for all things #BBFactCheck. We�ll also bring you content that you can�t find anywhere else and highlight the news, insights and stats that you can�t miss. From mobility management to messaging, devices to security, we will make sure that you get the real story.

The BlackBerry Fact Check Portal is a two-way platform � so if you see a work of fiction from one of our competitors, we want to hear about it. Tell us about it here and make sure you frequent the Portal for the latest in our fight for the facts.
    About Mark Wilson"

Mark Wilson is Senior Vice President, Marketing for BlackBerry. Mark brings with him brings extensive experience building brand preference driving integrated marketing for a number of well-known companies. Prior to joining BlackBerry, Mark served as CMO at Avaya where he led the marketing transition to a customer-solutions orientation. He previously served as Senior Vice President of Corporate and Field Marketing at Sybase, and has extensive experience in marketing roles at AT&T and KPMG. At Sybase, Mark oversaw branding and advertising, lead generation, sales enablement and mobile product marketing operations.

AND ALL I CAN SAY IS IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE ARE CALLED OUT!
    06-26-14 08:32 AM
    Wow glad to see marketing get into the game! Nice find.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-26-14 08:40 AM
    I thought their blog post would link to some Webpage. Don't really get where the "Portal" is...

Posted via CB10
    mjdimer likes this.
    06-26-14 08:40 AM
    I thought their blog post would link to some Webpage. Don't really get where the "Portal" is...

Posted via CB10
    Probably they haven't ironed everything out at the time of posting.
    06-26-14 08:43 AM
    Was about to post this until I saw you beat me to it lol
    Good on Blackberry get that fighting spirit back !!
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-26-14 08:47 AM
    Sounds like a great idea....

Too bad that along with the announcement they don't have it up and running so we know how it will work.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-26-14 08:56 AM
    This is the new marketing guy, by the way. I'm liking him already. He is the type to fight against competition, but do it classy. (Think of Legere if you want to see the opposite.) A head of marketing who fights is what people around here have been asking for, for well... years. This is just my first impression, but it's a good one.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    06-26-14 09:25 AM
    Where is this website though? The link on the page just sends me to the blog again

Check out the official IWIK BBM channel C002FA57C posted via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-26-14 09:37 AM
    A good sign of things to come methinks. Too long has BlackBerry stood pat while half truths and no truth were used to misrepresent them by ignorant third parties and those who had malicious intent.
    06-26-14 09:58 AM
    The first BB fact I want to post on the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal: at the moment, there is no BlackBerry Fact Check Portal

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    ghundiraj and kbz1960 like this.
    06-26-14 10:07 AM
    This is neat; it's about time they fought back.
    06-26-14 10:10 AM
    HECK FRIGGIN' YEAH!!

*puts on war paint and rambo bandanna*

Oh it's on now
    06-26-14 10:32 AM
    HECK FRIGGIN' YEAH!!

*puts on war paint and rambo bandanna*

Oh it's on now
    What about theme music? Can't forget the theme music!
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-26-14 10:34 AM
    What about theme music? Can't forget the theme music!
    Which do you have in mind? I'm sorta thinking about the one used in the Expendables 3 teaser..
    06-26-14 10:35 AM
    Nice. If there was an all touch BB10 device I might consider that as a sidekick. I mean new btw
    06-26-14 10:42 AM
    Introducing the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal | Inside BlackBerry

"BlackBerry has been in the limelight for many reasons, with people talking about everything from the unmatched reputation of our security to the latest device rumors to our vision for the Internet of Things. We expect this; we know we’re one of the most watched brands out there and our transformation is on public display.

As we’ve been working through this transition, there have been many vocal voices from competitors trying to incite fear, uncertainty and doubt about BlackBerry. In doing so, sensationalized reports surrounding our viability and misperceptions about our product portfolio have crowded the airwaves.

Given this environment, we must fight back. And BlackBerry’s best offense is to present the facts.

Today we are launching the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal, a place for us to hold our competitors accountable for what they say, when what they say is wrong. We’ll provide evidence that BlackBerry continues to be a leader in mobile, and we’ll expose “smoke and mirrors” marketing tactics by competitors.

This Portal will be your one-stop reference for all things #BBFactCheck. We’ll also bring you content that you can’t find anywhere else and highlight the news, insights and stats that you can’t miss. From mobility management to messaging, devices to security, we will make sure that you get the real story.

The BlackBerry Fact Check Portal is a two-way platform – so if you see a work of fiction from one of our competitors, we want to hear about it. Tell us about it here and make sure you frequent the Portal for the latest in our fight for the facts.
    About Mark Wilson"

Mark Wilson is Senior Vice President, Marketing for BlackBerry. Mark brings with him brings extensive experience building brand preference driving integrated marketing for a number of well-known companies. Prior to joining BlackBerry, Mark served as CMO at Avaya where he led the marketing transition to a customer-solutions orientation. He previously served as Senior Vice President of Corporate and Field Marketing at Sybase, and has extensive experience in marketing roles at AT&T and KPMG. At Sybase, Mark oversaw branding and advertising, lead generation, sales enablement and mobile product marketing operations.

AND ALL I CAN SAY IS IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE ARE CALLED OUT!
    FFFFIIIINNNNAAAAALLLYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahooooooo
    06-26-14 10:57 AM
    Excellent. I'm so sick and tired of correcting people making deceptive and factually wrong posts.

BB Proud
    06-26-14 11:01 AM
    Just for the fighting spirit this shows, my only response is:
    06-26-14 11:30 AM
    Sounds like a great idea....

Too bad that along with the announcement they don't have it up and running so we know how it will work.
    Ummm it's BlackBerry they announce things and then release them at a later date. A LATER date

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-14 12:25 PM
    This is LAZY IMO, hire some folks to actually work on PR, Social and Customer service. The media-types are lazy and to expect them to find this site and check facts is naive. I get the sentiment, but it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    mikeo007 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-26-14 12:34 PM
    Ummm it's BlackBerry they announce things and then release them at a later date. A LATER date

Posted via CB10
    That has always been the problem with BlackBerry. Announcement with no concrete or even rough "thing" that goes with the announcement. How about making a page with big announcement: FALLACY - BlackBerry is bankrupt, FACT - BlackBerry is NOT bankrupt, BlackBerry is working on strategy to move forward.
    06-26-14 01:32 PM
    I was wondering as well where the portal was. Perhaps the portal is to be written about new 'news' articles? Because it links you back to an overview which is named "BlackBerry Fact Check Portal"
    06-26-14 01:41 PM
    This is nice to see. I also wish they would have Chen communicate with the public through Q&A in the newspaper like Heins did for the BB10 launch. I thought that was an awesome platform to dispel myths and engage potential customers.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:54 PM
    That's sounds good though.

sync your files with "Sync for BlackBerry 10" app!!!
    06-26-14 04:57 PM
    Can I get this fact checked?

http://bgr.com/2014/06/24/blackberry...nd-loyalty-UK/

When and if this actually becomes a thing, that is.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-26-14 06:16 PM
39 12