So they launched the Z3 a couple of hours ago at 15,990 Rs.! That's way more than what they've been advertising! With the launch of the Moto E and Moto G, they should have gone with a more aggressive pricing scheme. At 270$, the Z3 won't sell as expected. Period.

MATVD - Movies, Advertisements, Tv Shows and Documentaries! The Largest Entertainment Channel out there! Join now!
    06-25-14 02:31 AM
    Got a link to this info, OP? Prefer official link somewhat?
    06-25-14 02:40 AM
    Got a link to this info, OP? Prefer official link somewhat?
    CB blog

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:44 AM
    CB blog

Posted via CB10
    Doh! It is late. Anyway, let's hope the source is wrong.
    06-25-14 02:49 AM
    - Err you do understand that the 'prices' are determined by the exchange rates?? the INR has seen it's biggest fall past few days, so the pricing had to rise, stop living in a shell and think that the world moves how you expect it to, Is the pricing high? yes it is. Is it overtly out of reach? no. Is it better than Z10? A comparison video had shown that Z3 launches apps faster then Z10 (new gen hardware despite lower specs). Exchange rate affects the price in India because these phones are 'Not' manufactured here in India. Will i buy this phone? Definitely
    06-25-14 02:55 AM
    - Err you do understand that the 'prices' are determined by the exchange rates?? the INR has seen it's biggest fall past few days, so the pricing had to rise, stop living in a shell and think that the world moves how you expect it to, Is the pricing high? yes it is. Is it overtly out of reach? no. Is it better than Z10? A comparison video had shown that Z3 launches apps faster then Z10 (new gen hardware despite lower specs). Exchange rate affects the price in India because these phones are 'Not' manufactured here in India. Will i buy this phone? Definitely
    U r totally right. But point is, at 15,990 its not a good buy really.
    Inspite of the rupee fall, had they even price the phone within 14K. Would have made a lot of difference.
    06-25-14 03:01 AM
    Doh! It is late. Anyway, let's hope the source is wrong.
    You think BlackBerry India would be wrong? I wouldn't put out some willy nilly pricing if it wasn't from a good source.

Bad move BlackBerry! (Z3 pricing in India)-screen-shot-2014-06-25-5.04.57-am.jpg
    06-25-14 03:04 AM
    You think BlackBerry India would be wrong? I wouldn't put out some willy nilly pricing if it wasn't from a good source.
    Never doubted you boss, I'd hate to see what the LTE version would be priced at!

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 on Tapatalk Pro
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-25-14 03:12 AM
    Lol! I don't care if it's manufactured in India or not! Nor will the potential customers when they see the pricing... the fact that BlackBerry has been advertising the phone as a sub $200 device shows that they haven't tried to launch it at a competitive price... also, do you really think this helps BlackBerry as a brand?! The normal consumer won't think about exchange rates! They'll think about getting a cheap solid phone...brand perception is what matters at this point and I'm sorry to say that BlackBerry has succeeded in sc***ing it up again... so I think it's you who needs to come back down to earth...and before you start bashing me about not owning a BlackBerry device, I've got a Z10 and I really like it! But guess what! the Z10 sells for 13,500Rs. now and the Z3 for nearly 16k! Lol! The joke's on you!

MATVD - Movies, Advertisements, Tv Shows and Documentaries! The Largest Entertainment Channel out there! Join now!
    06-25-14 03:21 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 5.04.57 AM.JPG 
Views:	4525 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	280406
    Way to go Bla1ze!

06-25-14 03:22 AM
    I blame India's tax for the price increase lol.

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175 | Globe PH
    Intense Soul likes this.
    06-25-14 03:30 AM
    Not really, the taxes may be high but still it shouldn't have been 16,000 INR ($265).

I blame India's tax for the price increase lol.

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175 | Globe PH
    06-25-14 04:23 AM
    1) If Moto G etc can price well under the same Indian Taxes laws etc why does Blackberry suck all the time.

2) This was their chance to regain their footing in Indian Markets and they sucked! Ideally Rs 12k or MAX 13K would have helped them sell a million Z3s in India itself.

3) Mark my words in just 1-2 months Z3 in India shall sell for Rs 11,500/0

4) History Z10 launched at Rs 43,000 then Rs 29,000 then now Rs 15,000/- or less and Z30 for Rs 39,000/- then Rs 35,000/- and Now Rs 29.990/-

Blackberry Z3 your pricing has really disappointed us big time. All analysts and reviewers were expecting max Rs 13K. So now they shall be the ones who will bash Z3 pricing which shall put off investors.

Some great phones and Hardware for Rs 16,000/- (Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, Nokias, Samsung Galaxy Grand Quottro, Panasonic, LG, Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, Xolo etc etc

God Help Z3 Sales in India. I know its a great quality phone but Indian launch prices always suck and people wont buy till they see a deal and a price drop!!
    JeepBB, Traxxmy, techvisor and 4 others like this.
    06-25-14 04:34 AM
    I guess it's more to do with currency. Rupee is so much depreciated.

BlackBerry should have taken a hit on profit for at least a couple of months to test the water.

Again it made a boo. And I still don't know why people getting happy about BlackBerry maps. It works terrible on 2G. And in india 3G is still a challenge.

It should have been completely offline.

For a BlackBerry *** android phone now, 16k is a flop and it won't sell good. Firstly they will have to take their on Z10 out of the market. Ha ha

Who the hell is working in india and making such strategies.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:47 AM
    I guess it's more to do with currency. Rupee is so much depreciated.

BlackBerry should have taken a hit on profit for at least a couple of months to test the water.

Again it made a boo. And I still don't know why people getting happy about BlackBerry maps. It works terrible on 2G. And in india 3G is still a challenge.

It should have been completely offline.

For a BlackBerry *** android phone now, 16k is a flop and it won't sell good. Firstly they will have to take their on Z10 out of the market. Ha ha

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case then the price increase due to currency devaluation would apply to the other phones. But I'm guessing it's not
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-25-14 05:23 AM
    .. awwww.. really disappointed with the pricing.. any hope of this pricing getting reduce in recent future???....

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly.... After the Z10 launch snd it's miserable fail in India....
    I asked myself that question a thousand times.

The pricing of the Z3 is ridiculous compared to the competition as you will get an Android which doesn't perform that much worse, for half the price and Android with better specs, for a similar price.

Honestly, who makes such decisions???
    And blaming it on the exchange rate is too easy.
    Since I like easy though, I'll round up the price to 300$.
    So in Indonisia, it's sold at 200$.
    It's an increase of 50%, when we take the 200$ price as the base.

Do the other manufacturers sell their devices for 50% more in India, than they do in Indonisia?
    If not, well.... Blaming the expensive price solely on exchange rates, is pretty cheap.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    06-25-14 05:58 AM
    .. awwww.. really disappointed with the pricing.. any hope of this pricing getting reduce in recent future???....

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it'll be like Z10 all over again, when they'll be selling of the unsold inventory at half the price.
    Moto G will be a better choice for any first time smartphone buyer.
    Also, i hope they are aware of online market 'ebay' where Z10 is available at cheaper price

They did it again.
    06-25-14 06:15 AM
    It is a MRP price, so it can be sold for less if suppliers want to.
    stapel likes this.
    06-25-14 06:17 AM
    Yes, it'll be like Z10 all over again, when they'll be selling of the unsold inventory at half the price.
    Moto G will be a better choice for any first time smartphone buyer.
    Also, i hope they are aware of online market 'ebay' where Z10 is available at cheaper price

They did it again.
    "They did it again".

Not like the last 2 and a half fire sales, write-downs and write-offs, would have been any indication that their pricing just plainly sucks...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Doggerz and techvisor like this.
    06-25-14 06:44 AM
    Dont Worry guys! History will repeat.
    I am pretty sure, What happened with Z10 will be the case for Z3 too...!
    Z10 and Z3 are being sold for almost same price in India (even the worst strategy would call this foolishness).

Wait for a month or so and get the device in 10k
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    06-25-14 06:55 AM

Posted via CB10

Don't worry, the fire-sale will come "soon" and you'll pick one up cheap.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-25-14 06:57 AM
    Only difference I bet is that foxcon did not build near as many. So there may not be fire sale lol.
    06-25-14 07:04 AM
    Only difference I bet is that foxcon did not build near as many. So there may not be fire sale lol.

Curses!

And it seemed such a perfect plan too.

LOL
    06-25-14 07:29 AM
    Bla1ze, I think your title needs a change...hehehe... You are no longer Interim. What? You want to do a JC on us? lol Interim for a few months then accept the title?
    06-25-14 07:40 AM
174 123 ...