OK, so I deleted Blackberry Messenger after I got my phone and never used it. Now I want to use it. I've tried to download it from the blackberry.com website and I keep getting "Your Blackberry does not meet the requirements to run Blackberry Messenger"

What the h3ll!

dg
    11-23-07 03:49 PM
    Run the application loader from the pc! Hopefully there is an option to reinstall said item.

Alternatively, wipe handheld and it should reload EVERYTHING, including the BlackBerry Pin Messenger...
    11-23-07 04:26 PM
    Navi I am having the exact same issue, I deleted the Messenger like someone in another post suggested, and now I can not reload it. I the same "Your Blackberry does not meet the requirements to run Blackberry Messenger" message that TDG gets.

Any other suggestions
    11-23-07 07:32 PM
    Nope, this is the only option. Doing a wipe of the device 'might' help...
    11-24-07 06:18 AM
    I've gone out to blackberry.com and it keeps wanting to install the Blackberry Messenger in realtime with activeX. Is there a place I can get it as an actual ap that I can try and load with the ap loader instead of in realtime?
    11-24-07 09:37 AM
    I actually found out how to do it!

Just follow this link, install it and then select BB Messenger to re-load

BlackBerry Device Software Download Sites - PinStack.com

Yeah!
    11-24-07 10:41 AM
    TDG where on this link did you find a download for Messenger? The only one I found was the same BB download sight that I can not get to work.
    11-24-07 06:57 PM
    The ONLY way to reload BBMessenger is through Desktop Manager with your OS package installed to the PC. You can't use the download from the Blackberry website.

There's no need for a wipe of the device. Simply install the OS for your BB along with Desktop Manager and run Application Loader and simply check the box for BBMessenger. Takes only a few moments once the OS is installed to the PC.
    11-24-07 07:03 PM
    right, and that link above should guide you to your carrier's desktop package. You can re-download your carrier's OS (it's different for each carrier it seems). Once you install the OS and run it, it will prompt you as to which programs you want to include (even Brickbreaker was back on there which I deleted long ago)

No guarantees, but it worked just fine for me.

tdg
    11-25-07 10:32 AM
    How do i exactly reload it on to my pearl? ive tried looking for it but it says no updates or available
    07-31-08 01:23 PM
    Hi, i'm also a crackberry newbie!!! Love this device and talked my hubby into getting the curve and now I realized I deleted the messenger too! Having the same problems but this page has been great. Hopefully this fixes things! Thanks for your experience!
    08-22-08 07:18 PM
    Hi,

So I have read all the above tips. I am new with the blackberry pearl 8100. I bought it used awhile back, and the last owner did an erase on the blackberry and now I don't have BB Messenger. Now I have tried with the OS application and when I chose the app's folder to add it I don't even have the option to add it (not in the list). Now I know one of you said to do an earase myself and try it, but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me with this at all. If I can't get this working then I am probably going to sell the phone for cheap!!!!
    06-11-09 04:42 PM
    You should be able to install it using desktop manager. Download the OS for your device and carrier from blackberry.com and then install it using desktop manager. Make sure blackberry messenger is checked/selected during the install.
    06-11-09 05:45 PM
    I have done that twice. I don't even have the option of BBM at all. All the list shows is FB, MSN, Weather, and Sudoku which are all the app's on my phone right now. No option to check it off at all.
    06-12-09 01:09 PM
    I just upgraded my 8310 to 9000 and I used the DM to transfer my applications and etc, but bbm apparently did not make the cut and now I am having the same problem. Any suggestions on what I can do about this?
    06-12-09 04:05 PM
    I have done that twice. I don't even have the option of BBM at all. All the list shows is FB, MSN, Weather, and Sudoku which are all the app's on my phone right now. No option to check it off at all.
    There should be more options than that. Look for an advanced button or something. You should see options for things like DOD certs, blackberry attachment service, languages, etc...
    06-12-09 04:33 PM
    i am not able to download blackberry messenger as it says my handset do not meet the requirements to download it again

what the **** i cannot use bbm anymoew
    12-11-12 01:59 AM
    Many users facing the issue mentioned here , the best way to get it back is to simply update your phone using DM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 02:35 AM
    i guess all who updated to bbm 7 in india ..... jumped the gun . bbm 7 is not available in india as it required TRAI approval . The only remedy - erase and reinstall the entire blackberry official software .
    12-11-12 03:49 AM
    12-11-12 03:26 PM
    go to which link ??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD