Why cannot I stream live world cup on my bb!!????? Frustrated....

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:23 AM
    What stream service are you trying to use?

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    06-24-14 11:26 AM
    Cbc. Espn..all deny access says adobe flash is not available on my "smart" phone

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:30 AM
    What software are you running?
    06-24-14 11:32 AM
    It's because the site does not recognize the web browser and asumes the browser has no Adobe Flash support.

If you care enough about watching World Cup on your phone, just use Evolution Web Browser and change the "User agent" to "Mozilla" or other well known desktop web browser.

I haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

EDIT: I tried it and Flash doesn't work on those sites.

Please note that Evolution Web Browser costs $1.99

--------------------

Last edited by serbanescu; 06-24-14 at 03:08 PM.
    06-24-14 11:41 AM
    It's because the site does not recognize the web browser and asumes the browser has no Adobe Flash support.

If you care enough about watching World Cup on your phone, just use Evolution Web Browser and change the "User agent" to "Mozilla" or other well known desktop web browser.

I haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Please note that Evolution Web Browser costs $1.99

--------------------

Or just turn Desktop Mode to on. The website will think you're using Google Chrome on Windows 7.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:43 AM
    Or just turn Desktop Mode to on. The website will think you're using Google Chrome on Windows 7.

Posted via CB10

I've tried desktop mode on my Q10 and a friends Z30; the cbc page still didnt load any video
    06-24-14 11:48 AM
    I think it might be blocked. Try wiziwig.tv. Anything that streams flash. Not always the greatest streams but whatever.

On CBC it should work fine if it can give you its mandatory 2 advertisements first, but it won't play.

I don't think this has anything to do with how "smart" your smartphone is. If you have access to android apps there are a few that stream live games. I don't know how good they are though.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 12:00 PM
    I've been using the android Watchespn app and it's been working quite well. The only issue is the latest updated added Google services requirement, but it's easy to patch with the "gmaps" patcher.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 12:01 PM
    I've been using the android Watchespn app and it's been working quite well. The only issue is the latest updated added Google services requirement, but it's easy to patch with the "gmaps" patcher.

Posted via CB10
    Are you located in the USA? I am in Canada and wondering if it will block my IP as am outside of ESPN's streaming region.

Overall, I am quite disappointed with this. On the CBC website the commercials play fine but the match does not. One the CBC WC Android app from snap, the steam is black but it is trying to play something.
    06-24-14 12:50 PM
    it really is disgusting that it won't work out of the box on my z30...

I've been relegated to providing a wifi hotspot to a friend with an S4 whose limited with data so we can watch.

I don't know what the hang up is and I don't care...It just sux ballz big time
    06-24-14 01:09 PM
    The hang up is that adobe Flash usually requires that the client be updated when the content providers use a new version which is just disgraceful. I watched part of the Stanley Cup final on my Z30 so I continue to be baffled by what software vendors think is so different about every new version that an update is required.

Seriously, it's this kind of garbage that holds the computer world back. If only Steve Jobs had done more than just snub Flash and actually followed through on making Web content more efficient and standardised. Too bad it's all about the money these days. Go for the monopoly before the greater good.

Thankfully, companies like BlackBerry still value collaboration as proven by their recent partnerships with Amazon and allegedly Yelp, even with Adobe. Anti-competitive buy outs and proprietary exclusive "standards" with no longevity are bad bad bad.... blegh!

Anyway, I tried the Android App and it seems to be behaving the same way as the site so maybe CBC changed the codec and BB10 can't decode it??
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 06-24-14 at 01:49 PM.
    06-24-14 01:22 PM
    How unfortunate this is especially because CBC's Olympics video service is the most amazing display of multimedia content streaming I have ever had the pleasure of using.
    06-24-14 01:58 PM
    How unfortunate this is especially because CBC's Olympics video service is the most amazing display of multimedia content streaming I have ever had the pleasure of using.
    Agreed, even though it was an Android app. My only downfall was that I hadn't yet updated to the Z30 and it burned through my Z10 batteries (I hadn't fully charged my backup beforehand) before Canada won the gold medal in OT in women's hockey.

Anyhow back to the thread. Universal standards and compatibility are highly desirable (like Miracast . Since Adobe is being dropped in 10.3 does this mean we'll have even less ability to use flash in our browsers?
    06-24-14 03:02 PM
    I think it's only the Adobe Air development path that's being dropped. Hopefully they'll licence the next version of Flash for another year while Bla1ze figures out how to standardise the computer world so we don't have to deal with this stuff.
    06-24-14 03:26 PM
    Are you located in the USA? I am in Canada and wondering if it will block my IP as am outside of ESPN's streaming region.

Overall, I am quite disappointed with this. On the CBC website the commercials play fine but the match does not. One the CBC WC Android app from snap, the steam is black but it is trying to play something.
    I am indeed in the US. Got to watchespn.com on your PC browser, if it doesn't play there then it's blocked. If it does then you should try the watch ESPN app.

EDIT: here's a link to a thread about the patched ESPN app: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10472652

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    06-24-14 03:42 PM
    I m not in US, so can't comment on US site. however I can watch streaming flash world cup match in the BlackBerry default browser without any hiccups. any superlayed. adverts also load and run like desktop. i don't even have to turn desktop mode.
    06-24-14 04:52 PM
    i�m also able to watch the games on my z10 and my pb, im using ROJADIRECTA the only problem are all the adds, but if u can live with that...
    06-24-14 05:20 PM
    Try the Univision app as well. It works fine on my Z30. Less laggy /buggy then espn

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    06-24-14 08:03 PM
    Sports lemon

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 10:09 PM
    Isn't there flash support in the browser? Go to setting, display and actions and enable Adobe Flash there

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    06-25-14 11:31 PM
    Did this work?

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    06-26-14 11:16 AM
    The commercials work in the browser but the games do not. If I had to guess I would say that CBC has blocked the Blackberry browser for some strange reason. Also in the CBC WC app from snap, I have the same issue. Commercials play fine, but the games do not. So it looks like BB10 phones are being blocked by CBC. Either that, or they need to explicitly white list our devices. Anyone in Canada with a mobile device that supports the technical requirements should be able to view the content. So idiotic and frustrating.
    06-26-14 01:39 PM
    Adobe NOT.  world cup cannot watch on my bb-img_20140626_222820.png
    Adobe NOT.  world cup cannot watch on my bb-img_20140626_222832.png

flash player is working. but I live in mid east so can't see beyond advert as it says territory not covered.. the flash player is the same for ad and match, so its not a flash issue at least
    06-26-14 02:30 PM
    Definitely a CBX to BlackBerry issue as I can watch everywhere using a browser but not on my Z30.

Posted via my Z30 Droidberry.
    06-27-14 09:23 PM
46 12