I cannot access the media card on my Z30.

I have enabled WI-FI access and can see the pictures and documents on it through BB Link and is shows it connected through WI-FI

However, when I try to access it though a Map Network Drive I get the following error.

The location is not available
    Y:\ is not accessible
    The handle is invalid

However, I can access the Map Network Drive for the Z30, just not the media card.

Z30
    STA100-2

Regards

Trevor
    Nayalm likes this.
    06-24-14 09:35 AM

I have enabled WI-FI access and can see the pictures and documents on it through BB Link and is shows it connected through WI-FI

However, when I try to access it though a Map Network Drive I get the following error.

The handle is invalid

However, I can access the Map Network Drive for the Z30, just not the media card.

Z30
    STA100-2

Regards

Trevor
    Its the exFat format on the SD card. I had the same issue and only way to get it working is to format the SD Card to Fat32. hopefully BB is working on a fix for this.

Cheers
    TrickyT and Nayalm like this.
    06-24-14 03:02 PM
    Many thanks.

It makes sense now. I was having issues with my 64gb media card so got a new one, but this was after I downloaded 10.2.1.2941.

I could no work out why it was a problem as it was working before, but now I know.

Many thanks.

Trevor
    06-24-14 03:08 PM
    Issue not fixed in latest OS 3247.

Posted via CB10
    Bash_Man and Nayalm like this.
    06-26-14 11:15 AM
    Issue not fixed in latest OS 3247.

Posted via CB10
    For the update.
    06-26-14 11:42 AM
    If it were my 64gb card I would not format it fat32. I would set it aside until BB has a proper driver.
    06-26-14 12:41 PM
    If it were my 64gb card I would not format it fat32. I would set it aside until BB has a proper driver.
    I know.. I am gonna format mine back to exfat cause I know fat32 will shorten the life of the SD Card and may possibly damage it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-14 12:49 PM
    If your handset can read the card, the issue sounds more like a computer issue than a BlackBerry issue. What's your computer's OS? The network drive is done through CIFS, so there's really no driver, either your computer recognises the file system of the share, or it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 06:01 AM
    If your handset can read the card, the issue sounds more like a computer issue than a BlackBerry issue. What's your computer's OS? The network drive is done through CIFS, so there's really no driver, either your computer recognises the file system of the share, or it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    This is a known issue with BlackBerry Link and ExFAT formatted SD cards. The network connection to the SD card is not done through CIFS but rather a proxy through the BlackBerry Link software because that is the software that dynamically presents both the device's main storage and SD card storage as drive letters on your computer.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-27-14 07:36 AM

The handle is invalid

Z30
    STA100-2

Regards

Trevor
    I am having the same problem as TrickyT when I tried to access my new 64 GB SanDisk card today though a Map Network Drive.

Base on the responses in this thread, am I correct in thinking that this is still a problem & that we are still waiting for BB to fix the problem i.e. Issue not fixed in latest OS 3247? Thanks.
    08-15-14 04:02 PM
    Yes thats correct. It looks like they've fixed it with OS 10.2.2.xxxx

i installed the Leaked version and plugged it into my personal and work laptop and both times it let me access the SD Card mounted drive through the laptops and access the files.
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 08-15-14 at 05:25 PM.
    Merboy6969 likes this.
    08-15-14 04:09 PM
    and it looks like its working with BB Link over wifi as well. I tested it today with my laptop using wifi and it connected. It was really fast connection today. as soon as I turned BB Link ON on my phone and opened Link on my laptop, not even 5 seconds later, I've got a connetion.

Browsing SD card works like charm.

this is on the recent leaked version of 10.2.2.1531

cheers
    08-17-14 09:12 AM