what exactly does it do that makes it a medical device? it added an extra inch to the device from the previous one and that's about it.. if BB start having medical app for it, it still doesn't make it a medical device, since other device can use the same apps. what special hardware does the passport got that makes it a medical device?
    06-23-14 02:44 PM
    I believe that it has a special GPU that allows for viewing and rotating 3D imagery
    06-23-14 02:50 PM
    what exactly does it do that makes it a medical device? it added an extra inch to the device from the previous one and that's about it.. if BB start having medical app for it, it still doesn't make it a medical device, since other device can use the same apps. what special hardware does the passport got that makes it a medical device?
    Are you in the medical field? If not, then don't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 03:04 PM
    Are you in the medical field? If not, then don't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    are you in this thread to answer the question? if not, then don't worry about it.
    06-23-14 03:11 PM
    They're probably some doctors that Chen knows who are loving thier q10s and just wish it had a bigger screen. Any BlackBerry really does get r done but big screens are awesome and so are keyboards, go figure! Passport

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-23-14 03:13 PM
    not even sure i think they just like it because of the bigger screen and a qwerty keyboard that comes with it. if they are viewing documents they will look great on the bigger screen than the little one on a Q10 if they are coming from a Z30 well maybe they see it as a great compromise if they cant live without a keyboard.
    06-23-14 03:46 PM
    Because people like to talk out of their rear end, that's why. This device has nothing to do with "health" or with "healthcare". Just because they read an article on here that blackberry bought a medical firm they immediately say "oh, it must be that this device is meant for medical sector". Stupid assumption.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    early2bed, II ARROWS and mkelley65 like this.
    06-24-14 09:46 AM
    Because people like to talk out of their rear end, that's why. This device has nothing to do with "health" or with "healthcare". Just because they read an article on here that blackberry bought a medical firm they immediately say "oh, it must be that this device is meant for medical sector". Stupid assumption.

Was the iPad meant for health-care? No, but it is utilized within that sector.

The passport may not be the joint project between BlackBerry and nanthealth but it's certainly not obviously designed with the average consumer in mind.

We can see it being a very useful compromise bw a tablet and phone, more so than a say a Samsung note series, for certain fields and health care is one of them. So it's actually a logical assumption.

The intention of BlackBerry when they designed this phone is moot.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:07 AM
    Because when you look at the device you can't imagine the average consumer smartphone user going for it. If you still have hopes for it, though, then you have to think of someone who would possibly use it. Preferably someone who isn't fazed by the utilitarian look of the thing. After all, these people wear Crocs and scrubs where they work so a fugly smartphone shouldn't bother them.
    06-24-14 11:50 AM
    As stated earlier in other threads, my son and his girlfriend are pharmacists. They are looking forward to the Passport although, I think it looks like something SpongeBob SquarePants would own.
    06-24-14 01:07 PM
    As stated earlier in other threads, my son and his girlfriend are pharmacists. They are looking forward to the Passport although, I think it looks like something SpongeBob SquarePants would own.
    whats the reason?
    06-25-14 10:10 AM
    whats the reason?
    Simply put something document related I guess, considering document wise the Passport even destroys a Galaxy Note 3 with its wide screen.
    06-25-14 10:44 AM
    Simply put something document related I guess, considering document wise the Passport even destroys a Galaxy Note 3 with its wide screen.
    Correct, the Passport is the perfect document reader, short of a tablet.
    06-25-14 12:27 PM
    I don't know as well but my speculation is they're working on a software for medical that runs through bes.
    And passport is the best candidate to handle it.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 01:13 PM
    Some random guy posted a theory that this weird device must be connected to the medical agreement BlackBerry signed.

It probably isn't, but the theory really took off.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 01:52 PM
    Some random guy posted a theory that this weird device must be connected to the medical agreement BlackBerry signed.

It probably isn't, but the theory really took off.

Posted via CB10
    Not theory, speculation, based not in fact but in opinion.
    06-25-14 03:21 PM
    Not theory, speculation, based not in fact but in opinion.
    http://thesaurus.com/browse/theorize

Theories can be speculation too, no need to be an ***.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 03:48 PM
    http://thesaurus.com/browse/theorize

Theories can be speculation too, no need to be an ***.

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't meant as a jab at your post. Sorry if it came across wrong.

06-26-14 10:39 AM
    I myself is working in medicine, and I am really looking forward to see that supported app to view images in 3D on passport.

BlackBerry Z10 10.2.1.3175
    06-26-14 10:47 AM

Great reply! NOT! The Passport has been designed with a specific set of users in mind and I won't be surprised if they're targeting the health care sector... the form factor is just about right to display tests and scans run in hospitals... that's what this thread is all about... nothing stupid about it!

MATVD - Movies, Advertisements, Tv Shows and Documentaries! The Largest Entertainment Channel out there! Join now!
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-04-14 04:03 AM
    Im still trying to figure that out. I'm an xray tech and where I work we have PACS stations throughout the facilities. Doctors can remote in after hours. So id like to see what implementation this takes
    EsJayDee likes this.
    07-04-14 05:24 AM
    Great reply! NOT! The Passport has been designed with a specific set of users in mind and I won't be surprised if they're targeting the health care sector... the form factor is just about right to display tests and scans run in hospitals... that's what this thread is all about... nothing stupid about it!
    Just like everything else...
    07-04-14 11:58 AM
    Yes I have read this news that BlackBerry are going to launch a new diagnostic tool for its Passport device that helps doctors to securely access cancer patients' medical data from anywhere in the world. They are calling this as a medical device as now doctors don�t need to wait a week to get tests from a biopsy and then deciding on the treatment to provide. However, its success will decide whether it is fruitful in medical sector or not.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    12-26-14 07:10 AM