I have a grandfather Data package BIS Unlimited. It's a 4G Plan. Last week the data stop working, I call them to see what was going on. They couldn't find any problems. So, they setup a case for technical support. Doing the middle of the night, they changed my data to LTE unlimited. But long story short, I got them to change it back. Now, when I put my SIM CARD into my Z10 will only show 4g Voice. But when it in my Torch 9860 it shows 4G Voice & Data. What's going on? Any help CB?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:43 AM
    Z10 doesn't use BIS, it uses regular Data
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    06-23-14 11:53 AM
    I've been using BIS data since day one

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 11:57 AM
    I've been using BIS data since day one

Posted via CB10
    And they probably finally killed the support for it
    06-23-14 12:08 PM
    See you have to have a BlackBerry plan to use a BlackBerry device on AT&T. BIS Unlimited is a none capped data plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:10 PM
    BIS will NOT work with the new phones. They must have provisioned you somehow wrong on your account and now corrected it.

I had a 9900 with AT&T and got my Q10 and moved my BIS unlimited grandfathered plan over to the 4G/LTE unlimited plan without error in billing. I did have to go through 4 sim cards but to get one to work but that's another issue.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-23-14 12:16 PM
    BIS will NOT work with the new phones. They must have provisioned you somehow wrong on your account and now corrected it.

I had a 9900 with AT&T and got my Q10 and moved my BIS unlimited grandfathered plan over to the 4G/LTE unlimited plan without error in billing. I did have to go through 4 sim cards but to get one to work but that's another issue.
    Exactly this ^
    06-23-14 12:21 PM
    So, you're telling me that it won't work. But I've been using it for 18 months.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:38 PM
    Clearly they provisioned your account wrong. Just get them to turn it into 4G/LTE unlimited and move on.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-23-14 01:03 PM
    Only thing is data cap

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 01:11 PM
    All this provision bull is a bunch of crap to get ppl to change to the capped data plan. I was on the phone with Case Management last year about this matter. We went through all the settings and they found nothing wrong with the old data plan working with LTE phones. Only difference is speed and 4G is all I have in my location. So, unless AT&T has made changes in their system. I should be able to use my old plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 01:49 PM
    All this provision bull is a bunch of crap to get ppl to change to the capped data plan. I was on the phone with Case Management last year about this matter. We went through all the settings and they found nothing wrong with the old data plan working with LTE phones. Only difference is speed and 4G is all I have in my location. So, unless AT&T has made changes in their system. I should be able to use my old plan.

Posted via CB10

Call them. We have no access to your account and can only advise that the provisioning needs to be corrected.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-23-14 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the Unlimited International plan on my Z10, and still have it. Call AT&T and talk to them, it does no good to complain here. They will correct it if you talk to them. If you wait too long they may very well say you are no longer grandfathered in. Call and explain you were grandfathered in to the unlimited plan, don;t mention BIS because it is irrelevant, your phone doesn't use BIS.
    06-23-14 08:36 PM
    When I had my 9800, I was on a grandfathered unlimited BlackBerry plan (with BIS) that was rolled over from my 8100 that I started with.

When I upgraded to the Z10 last July, I did it online, and it offered the BlackBerry Unlimited LTE data plan. When I got the Z10 and activated it, it worked just fine. On LTE and unlimited - no caps.

Just to check, I went to the AT&T BIS portal website, and after signing in, it told me my device is not compatible with the BIS. As I knew it wouldn't be.

They just need to reset your unlimited plan. Assuming you actually have an LTE sim card, this shouldn't be an issue.

It's possible that they left the BIS on your plan, it wouldn't really matter. The phone itself just won't use it. There are people who had BlackBerry BIS plans and swapped out their sim card between a BB phone and a non-BB phone, and data still worked on both phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 11:13 PM
    Some legacy BB data features don't play nice with the new phones. In the olden days, it was possible to manually add the access point names, like so many pizza toppings, but now there are hard restrictions on this. No, this is absolutely not something the user can fix. Depending on the nature of the issue, and the type and cost of feature, it might be simple. Without violating OPSEC, I would advise contacting support, and going through the motions to get to technical support for BLACKBERRY, but not all the way up to Research in Mo-, oh right, they changed their name. Anyway, you need to stay on the AT&T end. What likely has to be done is, the access point names for the old data feature would have to be swapped out for the new ones. This does not require changing your data plan... it's more like keeping the cover to a book, and swapping the inside pages.

Very hard to describe without breaking a ton of rules, and I can probably count on one finger the number of people who know what I'm talking about.

If the problem is what I think it is, BLACKBERRY.NET needs to be changed to PHONE, and PDPWAP1 may need to be changed to what another new BlackBerry uses. So, the book analogy again. You want to keep the cover of Tales of Unlimited BIS and Other Stories to Scare Small Children in the billing system, and in the provisioning system, change the contents to Case of the Disappearing Bikinis.

If you want to sound like you are in the know, tell the technical support agent that they have to leave everything in the "gray" system alone, and only change the existing internet access point names in the "blue" system.

If anyone "re-sends the signals" to your phone, it would probably break this fix, and it would have to be done again.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-23-14 11:23 PM
    Thanks. That's is what happened to my plan. They resent the signal to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 07:18 AM
    Re-sending the activation takes everything from the billing system, and pushes it to the provisioning system. The provisioning system is mainly what you are permitted to do, and the billing system is just the cost for doing these things. If changes are made in the provisioning end, then re-sending the activation will overwrite them with the defaults for the features you have. I wish I could be more specific, but I'm sure if you use what I put in my previous post as a guide for what to say, you'll have a good chance of getting somebody to catch on. Remember that AT&T doesn't really want to cut anybody out of any old plans. Above all else, the company wants satisfaction.

The NEXT program and Mobile Share Value plans move toward that goal, but not everything new is optimal for every situation, and the company drags its feet when bringing old services to new phones. Like the $70 unlimited international data feature for BlackBerry phones. THAT was the one I found the APN solution for, since someone had jumped from an old 8310 all the way up to a Z10. It was a simple matter to change out its old APNs for what a Z10 would have with a modern plan, since the billing system was what waived the cost of any international data, not the provisioning system.
    06-27-14 06:02 PM