Missing numerous calls on my z10 since i/c calls gets silent even with a slight touch in pocket.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:43 AM
    yes this happens all the time. Very sensitive touchscreen.
    06-23-14 08:39 AM
    yes, there are other threads with people complaining about this "feeaure". some people like
    to quickly silence their ringing phones but not inadvertantly.
    06-23-14 09:01 AM
    I love the touch anywhere to silence feature. Comes in handy when in a panic to silence.
    06-23-14 09:09 AM
    see, difference of opinion. good, bad or...
    sum one likes this.
    06-23-14 09:24 AM
    Put the phone in your pocket with the screen facing outwards. That way it won't detect touch from your thigh thru the thin pocket fabric.
    06-23-14 09:26 AM
    Put the phone in your pocket with the screen facing outwards. That way it won't detect touch from your thigh thru the thin pocket fabric.
    That's what I do.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 12:09 PM
    That definitely works, but the day you walk into a turnstile or similar, solid object and smash the screen in your pocket, is the same day you decide never to put the screen facing out ,and just set the vibrate function to get your attention instead of relying on a ring tone.
    Just saying....
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-23-14 03:00 PM
    I have a holster so I don't have this issue but you could try getting in the habit of putting it in your pocket screen side out. I know it's more awkward but should result in less "leg interference" lol

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:44 PM
    Yup, I have the same problem. It's not irritating, it's maddening!

I'm using the Big Chinese Battery :-) so the case is out of question for me. I wouldn't use a case anyway.

I bought Flip Shush exactly for this purpose, to flip the phone and enjoy the silence. And it doesn't work.
    Yet the 80% of my incoming calls are either totally silent or they just blip the ringer/vibrator. The remaining 20% ring normally, but the moment I touch my phone in my pocket it goes silent. Abnormal, stEWpid, �ber-primitive screen management!!!

And no, I won't carry my phone with the screen facing out - it's far too fragile compared to certain furniture pieces, car doors, etc., I can bump into... So there must be a solution to this - not really minor - issue.

The others are also screen management related things. When I finish talking and my hands are full or wet, so I have to hold the phone with my shoulder, after it ends the call, it reverts back to the call screen, and the screen is active! This way it calls someone from my faves list. Aaaarrrgh. I just want the phone to lock the screen after the call, and not to return to the call screen - especially not to an activated screen state. The other is that the phone can call someone randomly from my pocket. I don't know how it manages to unlock the screen, but it does... And I always lock the phone before I put it back into my pocket. It is also f�kkin' maddening and these issues are more than enough to think about selling the Z.
    06-27-14 07:51 AM
    I know it is a matter of preference, and in some cases the "touch anywhere on the screen to silence" comes in handy but in active situations (airports, running in general, multitasking etc.) it is counterproductive and in some cases dangerous and unacceptable.
    It is a neat feature but there has to be a way to disable it or substitute another way to silence it.
    - Draw a pattern on screen
    - use any of the volume buttons
    - put the phone upside-down
    - instead of "answer" or "reject" call, add an extra swipe to silence
    are a few things that are common with other manufacturers but I am not sure if there are patents pending or what.

A little off subject but has to do with the phone app:
    I am not quite sure if it is just me. When the phone rings and a wired headset is connected, the ringer does not sound through the headset.
    I missed a lot of calls like that and I wish I had a choice to somehow modify this.
    I know it is 2014 and who is still using wired headsets, but I do.
    06-27-14 10:35 AM