I understand that tmo and bb are no longer contracting with each other but alot of bb users were with tmo. So question is if i wanted to purchase the classic when it is released how would that work? Full price on Amazon for an unlocked phone? switching companies or what? Ive had tmobile since 06 or 07. All i know is im getting that phone just wondering what u guys think the options are with tmo. Thanks guys =]

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-20-14 11:50 AM
    You could probably use an unlocked version, but you'd have no guarantee to high speed LTE service. It's hit or miss, sometimes.
    Rissa Boo likes this.
    06-20-14 11:55 AM
    Yeah, you can buy a Classic whenever it comes out, but make sure it's unlocked and has the proper network bands for TMO (undoubtedly CB will have your back on this one.) Then you just put your SIM card in and you're good to go.

One thing you most likely won't have that current Z10 and Q10 owners do will be WiFi calling. Otherwise, no issues.
    Rissa Boo likes this.
    06-20-14 12:01 PM
    I understand that tmo and bb are no longer contracting with each other but alot of bb users were with tmo. So question is if i wanted to purchase the classic when it is released how would that work? Full price on Amazon for an unlocked phone? switching companies or what? Ive had tmobile since 06 or 07. All i know is im getting that phone just wondering what u guys think the options are with tmo. Thanks guys =]

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Save some money to buy the Classic from Amazon. Raino will be the go-to-guy about the network bands once it is available.
    Rissa Boo likes this.
    06-20-14 04:37 PM
    Find a version of the phone that will be released for Wind or Mobilicity. Both those companies use the same hardware as T-Mobile. But make sure they are unlocked.

That is what I have been doing, I don't buy phones from T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Rissa Boo likes this.
    06-20-14 04:40 PM
    CrackBerry will have all that info when the phone is released. You will buy it full price. I can't be positive, but based on how the other carriers are ignoring the Z10, Q10 and Z30, they won't do much to sell a new BlackBerry.

Posted with the Diva's Z10.
    Rissa Boo likes this.
    06-20-14 08:28 PM
    I just got my factory unlocked Z30 and it's working fine on the TMO network at full speed.

You shouldn't have any issues as long as the model you get is compatible with their network. In this case it's an STA100-5.

Posted via CB10
    Rissa Boo likes this.
    06-21-14 07:05 AM
    Your experience with the Z30 on Tmobile has been good? I am considering this move from Verizon.
    06-26-14 08:30 AM
    Your experience with the Z30 on Tmobile has been good? I am considering this move from Verizon.
    it's been great. no issue whatsoever. Only wifi calling isn't supported. STA100-5 from Telus.
    06-26-14 02:17 PM
    The only problem with T-Mobile is coverage.
    So coming from Verizon, that would be the only thing that should concern you.

The Z30 works perfectly on T-Mobile otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:23 PM
    Yeah the coverage is a concern, tho I am in the northeast outside Philadelphia and it seems pretty well covered.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 04:25 PM
    The rep at T-mobile today (in store) told me any phone you bring will not be an issue. They said just make sure to do your homework and know what you are getting before buying and refereed me to this forum! The rep must be a closet BB nerd! hahaha
    Rissa_Boo likes this.
    07-18-14 02:30 PM
    Yes, it will work perfectly so long as it's a 100-5. If you're thinking of bringing over a Verizon Z30, think twice.
    07-21-14 03:06 PM
    Yes, it will work perfectly so long as it's a 100-5. If you're thinking of bringing over a Verizon Z30, think twice.
    This. You'd be gambling with the LTE band 4 in the 100-3, because it does not work for a lot of people off Verizon.

Oddly enough, Canadians have very little problem getting LTE on their carriers with the -3.
    07-21-14 03:29 PM
    I'm in the same boat too, since I like both tmobile and BB.... *snifflez*
    07-25-14 01:09 AM
    My first Z30 was the verizon one and not only did it not get LTE on Tmobile, it kept dropping calls. I don't know if I had a defective model or what the situation was but I returned it within the window allowed and got a refund. I then purchase one of of ebay. It is the STA100-5 and its falwless on Tmobile.

I'm in the same boat too, since I like both tmobile and BB.... *snifflez*
    07-25-14 08:39 AM
    But no wifi calling, right?

My first Z30 was the verizon one and not only did it not get LTE on Tmobile, it kept dropping calls. I don't know if I had a defective model or what the situation was but I returned it within the window allowed and got a refund. I then purchase one of of ebay. It is the STA100-5 and its falwless on Tmobile.
    07-25-14 09:41 AM