Will BlackBerry always support BlackBerry World? With the Amazon news I would like to know. I don't want to spend money only to have BlackBerry World to be gone. Any word on it .

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:45 PM
    Both the Amazon App Store and BlackBerry World will be installed on BB10 devices.

BB World will operate the same way it does now (minus music/video)
    06-19-14 10:47 PM
    So will the music and or movies bought from amazon be crap android?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:49 PM
    I read that there are supposedly rumors of BlackBerry World being no more.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:52 PM
    I understood that BlackBerry world would be more dedicated to enterprise now and the consumer side such as social apps and games would be dealt by the Amazon app store... so, no, it won't disappear.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:59 PM
    BBW is not going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:03 PM
    At launch, both BlackBerry World and Amazon's App Store will be on the Passport and Classic.

But I'd bet that in the future, BlackBerry World will disappear, and be folded into Amazon's App Store. There would be a "Just For BlackBerry" section within Amazon's App Store, where our native apps like BeWeather Pro, Blaq, BeBuzz Pro for example, could be downloaded.

Amazon is a great brand, and you never hear any hate for it. It's not polarizing like Apple or Google are.

Amazon has some cool things coming up, like the drone delivery service, Amazon Prime Air. Who knows, maybe within a few years, we might be able to order something on Amazon with our BlackBerrys and then get free shipping or some slight discount on the conditions that when the drone drops off our item, we agree to Amazon setting an automatic BBM status for an hour, like, "My Item From Amazon Prime Air Just Arrived! Check It Out At www.amazon.com!"
    06-19-14 11:10 PM
    No all things BlackBerry will stay in BlackBerry World. Bringing Amazon to BlackBerry 10 just gives consumers an out of box access to Android apps.

No more sideloading for Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:13 PM
    I would like it like this : BlackBerry World for native BlackBerry 10 apps and amazon just for android apps that aren't on BlackBerry World yet.

Also, drones are bad. Anti privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:19 AM

Also, drones are bad. Anti privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    The word "drones" has a negative connotation to it. Not all drones are used the same way. Drones used to illegally spy on people are anti-privacy, but in essence, they provide the security our government says they need for our "national security." So... it's pro-security...just, too pro-security, for some (but that's a whole other story).

Amazon knows where you live if you have an account, because they ship things to you. So what Privacy are you giving up exactly? And what Security are you giving up too? Your items will literally be dropped off at your door step, but instead of by a person, it would be by a drone. Is UPS/FedEx/DHL anti-privacy and security? Are you afraid that their trucks have cameras attached to the outside, filming streets, people and homes everywhere they drive?

Amazon's Prime Air program will come under increasing scrutiny, and rightfully so, because it's a new way of doing delivery and we need to make sure it's only doing just that--delivering products. But really, if you're that concerned about "privacy" and "security," you shouldn't have an Amazon account, or any account for that matter.
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    06-20-14 01:39 AM
    The word "drones" has a negative connotation to it. Not all drones are used the same way. Drones used to illegally spy on people are anti-privacy, but in essence, they provide the security our government says they need for our "national security." So... it's pro-security...just, too pro-security, for some (but that's a whole other story).

Amazon knows where you live if you have an account, because they ship things to you. So what Privacy are you giving up exactly? And what Security are you giving up too? Your items will literally be dropped off at your door step, but instead of by a person, it would be by a drone. Is UPS/FedEx/DHL anti-privacy and security? Are you afraid that their trucks have cameras attached to the outside, filming streets, people and homes everywhere they drive?

Amazon's Prime Air program will come under increasing scrutiny, and rightfully so, because it's a new way of doing delivery and we need to make sure it's only doing just that--delivering products. But really, if you're that concerned about "privacy" and "security," you shouldn't have an Amazon account, or any account for that matter.
    Great post, I agree with you entirely.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-20-14 01:46 AM
    Great post, I agree with you entirely.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. "Coffee Shampoo" is a cool name, what does it mean?
    06-20-14 01:50 AM
    A wise man once said if you give up freedom for security you end up not having freedom or security. Privacy falls under freedom.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:54 AM
    Right now, amazon knows where I live, what I search for on their website, and what I buy from them.

The BB10 user who installs android apps off their store will also be telling Amazon who their friends are, when they call them, when they text them, what the content of those text messages are, what other apps you have installed on your phone, and in some cases everything you type on that nice little functional keyboard.

As an American my main attraction to Blackberry is that it is a Canadian company and that its offers a relatively secure platform that lets you disable app permissions. Take that away by throwing native apps and BBW under the bus and the reason to choose the platform is gone. That little chiclet keyboard may have an attraction for those who used classic blackberries for years but for touch screen users it is merely dead space where screen could have been.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:00 AM
    Thanks. "Coffee Shampoo" is a cool name, what does it mean?
    Random name. My favourite blink-182 song is called Apple Shampoo, and I love coffee so I merged those two things. And eventually I created my own shampoo made of coffee hehe

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:17 PM
    Right now, amazon knows where I live, what I search for on their website, and what I buy from them.

The BB10 user who installs android apps off their store will also be telling Amazon who their friends are, when they call them, when they text them, what the content of those text messages are, what other apps you have installed on your phone, and in some cases everything you type on that nice little functional keyboard.

As an American my main attraction to Blackberry is that it is a Canadian company and that its offers a relatively secure platform that lets you disable app permissions. Take that away by throwing native apps and BBW under the bus and the reason to choose the platform is gone. That little chiclet keyboard may have an attraction for those who used classic blackberries for years but for touch screen users it is merely dead space where screen could have been.

Posted via CB10
    On the 10.3 runtime you have the option to choose which permissions android apps got, so don't worry much about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:19 PM
    On the 10.3 runtime you have the option to choose which permissions android apps got, so don't worry much about it.

Posted via CB10
    For all apps? Really? That would be awesome. That's why I don't use android apps, even if they are on the BlackBerry World, because permissions are required.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    So far 10.3 isn't allowing that.... where did you see there would be a new ability to select which permission to choose?

I don't think BBW is going to be phased out, just it's content will slowly disappear. Hope the get rid of 3/4 of the junk that is there now.
    06-26-14 03:17 PM
    Probably not gone, but will be in a very different shape that what it is today. Despite all the excitements/scorns about Amazon appstore integration, BlackBerry 10 will always be QNX-based OS that runs Android apps on an embedded runtime and not a native Android OS.
    06-26-14 03:21 PM
    So far 10.3 isn't allowing that.... where did you see there would be a new ability to select which permission to choose?

I don't think BBW is going to be phased out, just it's content will slowly disappear. Hope the get rid of 3/4 of the junk that is there now.
    Here on CrackBerry... I might be mistaken though, but I'm at least 90% sure I read it's coming.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 05:10 PM
    Random name. My favourite blink-182 song is called Apple Shampoo, and I love coffee so I merged those two things. And eventually I created my own shampoo made of coffee hehe

Posted via CB10
    Blink182 huh? We might still have a chance to be friends

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 05:23 PM