No doubt this is a weird looking thing. I love it. Another term for weird is funky. And this thing is funky looking.
    This doesn't look like a mass market product and I'm glad John Chen is positioning BB this way. This is a show piece. It's a hail Mary pass that doesn't need to score. It's showing that 'BB innovates' without having to toot their own horn, because lets be frank, they're not good at tooting their own horn. I look forward to seeing how they implement that keyboard and hope they have some real nice card tricks up their sleeve with it.

Be bold Mr Chen. Thanks for returning some value to my shares. Keep up the good work.
    06-19-14 06:34 PM
    I'd say keep it different, because too many phones today look the same, or similar.
    strongo and Jrox74 like this.
    06-19-14 06:36 PM
    I just love it!
    And i can imagine some ad playing with business customers' way of life:
    a classy picture with a BB Passport posed upon a real passport, saying "Don't forget your passports. Godspeed!"
    06-19-14 06:42 PM
    I will buy it.. I have positive respon..

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:03 PM
    I just love it!
    And i can imagine some ad playing with business customers' way of life:
    a classy picture with a BB Passport posed upon a real passport, saying "Don't forget your passports. Godspeed!"
    BlackBerry passport "expand your horizons"

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    06-19-14 10:32 PM
    I feel like the keypad is low

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:49 PM
    I love the uniqueness of Passport which will most likely grab people's attention and awaken their curiosity which hopefully will turn into sales.

Go JC, Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:57 PM
    Echoing everyone's sentiment!

I think this is going to be a real hit - not at first but definitely it'll pick-up momentum.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:00 PM
    The problem with BlackBerry showing it can innovate with radical design departures is great but at this stage is VERY costly.

I like it though because like Nokia did so many times over new designs are fresh.

To be honest Nokia has YGE mist innovative designs in smartphones ever in history : (to name a few) lipstick, rotating screen (N90), they created the very first phablet phone (7700, 7701, sliding keyboards in portrait mode (E65), specifically angled keyboards landscape phones to allow screen tilted 65 degrees towards you N97, Ngage the original Taco phone, there is about another 20 of these they've made.

Posted using CB10 via my Z30 Dark Knight!
    06-19-14 11:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    From the looks of it, one would assume the keypad is too low and would cause un-ergonomical bending of the thumbs but it's actually just fine. If you look at any of the previous QWERTY devices, there's usually been a small band at the bottom of the device, below the keyboard that usually had carrier branding. The BB-PP banding at the bottom looks to be about half that size. Should be fine.
    06-20-14 12:38 AM
    Yes, the keyboard ENDS lower, but only because there are only 3 rows... the distance from the bottom is almost the same.
    The only difference is about the ENTER and Z keys... usually that place is empty (because it's not easy to reach).

Those two keys are too low, but are also special keys (Z is an uncommon character and you only hit ENTER at the end of sentences or to send messages).
    06-20-14 02:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I hope they have implemented the idea I've written in these forums a few times:

A counter weight in the bottom bezel will bring the centre of balance lower down the phone (meaning the grasp point for typing would be lower).
    06-20-14 03:24 AM
    I am excited to see how this goes, I will be picking one up to augment my Q10. I hope that the device will be competitive, spec-wise, with its competitors. And it will be a device that won't be mistaken for "old" BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:33 AM
    Its a flap

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:03 AM