This is the best news for all BlackBerry users. We needed a heavy weight in our corner. Amazon is a well respected online store. As the carriers turn their backs on BlackBerry, Amazon will pick up the slack. Also, seamless access to their music, video is what we need. BlackBerry World should clean out the android ports and put only native apps there. That way native developers will get first exposure instead of being lost in the crowd. However, they must produce good apps, and they must continue to improve them. Remember good android apps have had years to develop and debug. App developers who don't continually tend to their apps.....well you deserve to get steam rolled. I see this is a huge positive, and if BlackBerry produces a positive report today, well things might turn around faster than expected.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 08:31 AM
    Some good ideas there. Hope this is a positive for BlackBerry!
    06-19-14 09:03 AM
    Yes if the BlackBerry World app store cab have only native Apps. That will be a great idea. This will give the dedicated Native App developers good exposure.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    06-19-14 09:08 AM
    BlackBerry should also bake in 2 or even 3 icons onto the home screen. BlackBerry Native Apps Only, Android Apps Only, and Music and Video! Get rid of the confusion. Make Sure all apps are legit with function! If the android app doesn't work, don't put it there. I would lay down the law of the apps and clean house. I don't need 100 000 apps. I need a few good ones.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 09:16 AM
    I think it helps but still not sure it will help bb sales. Amazon just came out with their own phone. It's not like amazon will suddenly start pushing bb phones. And all of the apps still do not work, maybe in 10.3.1? Or work as intended. When does 10.3.1 come out. Late fall? Late winter? Next year?
    06-19-14 09:24 AM
    I think it helps but still not sure it will help bb sales. Amazon just came out with their own phone. It's not like amazon will suddenly start pushing bb phones. And all of the apps still do not work, maybe in 10.3.1? Or work as intended. When does 10.3.1 come out. Late fall? Late winter? Next year?
    In September I believe. It does help BlackBerry in a big way. The fact that Amazon has entered a synergistic deal with BlackBerry is a huge step in outlook. You have a large company endorsing BB10, while the media, the consumer, Apple and Google have been beating it down. Now that BlackBerry has also beat the street in today's report also will raise eyebrows. People won't buy Apple phones forever, just like they don't drive the same car forever. Somewhere along the line they switch, just for the sake of something new. BB10 is a totally different experience and a good one. It just needs the backing, and once BlackBerry gets some traction, it's going to fly. It's not an impossibility.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 09:30 AM
    Agree it is big for current users. I am not sure it will do anything to increase sales. I hope it does.
    06-19-14 09:38 AM
    I still believe BB should of approached andriod app devs and put their andriod apps in BBW, but properly marked. It would of been added revenue for BB now Amazon is making money off the andriod apps. But, it is what it is.
    06-19-14 11:50 AM
    People are going to be so used to going to amazon for their apps BBW is going to be forgotten. Bad news to developers. Maybe if you searched for a app in BBW and BBW didnt have it you get redirected to the amazon store or when you click the amazon store icon a warning pops up and says have you checked BBW for your app first.
    06-19-14 12:01 PM