I've been a BlackBerry user since 2008 I started with an 8310 BlackBerry Curve. I'm on my fifth BlackBerry device with the Z10.

The future of BlackBerry with BlackBerry 10 looks bleak.
    - BlackBerry has just made Android Apps official by partnering with Amazon. This will kill the already slow growing native app catalogue. We all know that Android apps and ported apps don't perform at their best. They're slow and a prone to crushing.
    - BlackBerry is closing down its Music and Movies store.
    - Still no sign of a Z30 successor, except the unsubstantiated speculations of a super device featuring 64bit architecture and 8Gb Ram. After all its BlackBerry that has introduced us to great all touch screen phones like the Z30 and Z10.

I'm looking for a new device, but I'm not sure if getting a Z30 would be a best choice going forward. I think I will be better off with one of the Android high end devices. At the same time I don't think I'm ready for a switch to Android.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    06-18-14 12:16 PM
    I feel the same way as you do...except I am less concerned about moving to Android, as I have already replaced my PlayBook with a Nexus 7. Not much left to keep me around.
    06-18-14 12:31 PM

At the same time I don't think I'm ready for a switch to Android.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    You answered your own question!
    Blackberry has a hard road back but it's here to stay.

And as nice as some of the other platforms are..... it's just not a blackberry.
    I have a Z10 and love it.
    Everyone else I know mostly have the z30 and after a little adjusting really love it.
    Stick with your Z10 for a bit longer. The rumors about EOL are just rumors. it's got at lest several more years and when they do stop updates, the z10 won't need any fixes!
    When the Torch 9800 hit the market, they almost immediately stopped updates and pushed the Torch (2) 9810 but not before the first torch was running real nice.
    With the new BB10 you have to expect that Blackberry is taking small steps to improve on the OS and market the products that Blackberry has always been known for.
    It's not for Everyone. Blackberry targets a more mature business minded consumer base.
    Several new devices are coming to market this year. Wait and see.
    You'll have more choices to help make the best decision for your needs.

But, if your worried about Blackberry's demise.... Within the next two years Blackberry will once again be #One. Count on it.
    06-18-14 12:39 PM
    So switch to a Windows Phone device. Get the Lumia 930 when it releases at the end of the summer. All the major apps are on WP natively and even BBM will be on WP soon. The 930 is going to be a beast of a device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - BBM: 7CA94831
    06-18-14 01:11 PM
    Why not wait for the iPhone 6 .. the 5 5 inch .

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:22 PM
    Why not wait for the iPhone 6 .. the 5 5 inch .

Posted via CB10
    I don't like the limitations of iOS, can't browse files and transfer them with any device or computer via USB or Bluetooth.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    06-18-14 01:29 PM
    Only you can answer that question. If BlackBerry phones don't do it for you now then move on. Personally, although I have loved my Z10, and my Torch 9800 before that, by the end of my contract this December I will most likely not be getting a BlackBerry as my next phone as currently I don't see anything on the horizon that piques my interest, certainly not any of the physical keyboard phones due out before the end of the year.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-18-14 01:38 PM
    Of course you should... don't you see this is getting more interesting everyday?
    06-18-14 02:42 PM
    Sounds like you are having a boring day. First of all, what is it specifically about your Z10 which isn't working out for you? You totally omitted the amazing OS which you have at your hands. Doesn't productivity matter to you? Give some practical reasons for wanting to switch to another platform/device, other than a moody blues list of self-talk justifications to blow more money.
    06-18-14 03:40 PM
    u thinking too much, occupied ur mind with something else. thanks for listening.
    06-18-14 03:48 PM
    True BB fan here... I'm going no where. Love my Z30.
    06-18-14 03:53 PM
    Most carriers let you return within 15 days don't they? Try out android and their better devices. If you don't like it return it. Just don't do a Note.. looks idiotic with the massive size when holding it to your ear. People with [Notes..] Phablets needs to learn to use BT then wear a T-shirt that says "I am not trying to look cool with this thing in my ear, I am just trying to not look like a d**ch* with my phablet to my ear."
    "I think I will be better off with one of the Android high end devices."

While you are at it go for iphone 6 as well.
    You will be back...
    06-18-14 03:55 PM
    Jump before the BlackBerry sky falls and hits you on the head.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 03:57 PM
    Because you like it, are patient, not annoyed by persistent bugs present (which should be fixed at some point), don't care if "that app" isn't available and enjoy it otherwise. With the amazon store now being added there are more apps available.

I'm in a love/hate relationship with mine right now. If just weren't for....... and nothing to do with apps or them going under. I guess I have a year and a half to ride it out since I don't buy phones outright.

Other than that if you feel something else would work better for you it doesn't hurt to try.
    06-18-14 04:00 PM
    So, I recently moved up from my Z10 to my new Z30. Before the Z10, I had an HTC One (m7). So I understand the choices the OP describes.

The most important thing I can tell you that the Z30 is an awesome phone and has far exceeded my expectations. My HTC One is literally gathering dust! Get the Z30. It sounds great, the screen is gorgeous, battery life is great, and the internals offer a smoother, better experience of BB10 hands down than what I got out of my beloved Z10. The frequently upgrading OS 10.3 keeps things new and useful, and I think that the phone will easily last you to next year's superphone, the Z50.

If you have any doubt about going Android, try the Z30 and see if it doesn't wow you.

Posted via Z-30 STA 100-5 running 10.3.0.296/.442 hybrid on T-Mobile USA
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 04:05 PM
    Sounds like you are having a boring day. First of all, what is it specifically about your Z10 which isn't working out for you? You totally omitted the amazing OS which you have at your hands. Doesn't productivity matter to you? Give some practical reasons for wanting to switch to another platform/device, other than a moody blues list of self-talk justifications to blow more money.
    I hate Android ported Apps on BlackBerry 10. Two of my banking Apps are Android ports, one of them works but it's slow and crashes at times. The other one just doesn't work at all, I've been trying to activate my account for 3 days now. With BlackBerry going official with Android Apps, this will have a negative effect on Application user experience going forward. Most developers will not spend time coding the same App for two platforms, they will just develop for Android and then publish it in the Amazon and Google Play store, then BlackBerry 10 users will have to deal with the bad app user experience.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    06-18-14 04:11 PM
    yeah, Windows Phone might be for you. Microsoft is doing an awesome job with it. I just switched from WP8 to Blackberry about 3 months ago. I love the BB10 OS, and love how well the device communicates (my main desire), but if I actually wanted my smartphone to be what most people want their smartphone to be: the game-playing, movie-watching, app-installing, be-all device; I would have been back on Windows Phone in a matter of weeks. Great hardware, compelling software, bright future -- windows phone is probably your best bet

And honestly, I am so confused why the Amazon App Store announcement does anything for people in these forums. Everyone here knows that they can side load .apks, and most know how to do it. I have had the Amazon store on my device from day 2 of my Blackberry experience. So what does this announcement mean for me? Only that I will not get to enjoy native apps anymore, and any loyal developers are being given the cold shoulder by Blackberry as we speak.

I guess maybe I'm just weird, but that's my two cents
    jem9777 and Kris Simundson like this.
    06-18-14 04:17 PM
    I've been BlackBerry since 2001,on my z30 now, on whatever all touch device comes next. BlackBerry as a massive player or BlackBerry as the little guy...."for better or for worse" I'm here until death do us part.

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 04:22 PM
    I'd say you are confused. You should know what you want because it's not so complicated if you do your research properly. Good luck.
    06-18-14 04:30 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:49 PM
    If you go Android, then HTC One (M7/last year model) or the new Sony Xperia 2 would be the best choice I think. Don't buy Samsung plastic, and remember, the new is not always the best... specially in Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 08:20 PM
    -wifi down for an hour
    - intermittent wifi OS big
    -no ability to auto bcc outbound email (legacy)
    -vanishing native app developer base
    -no ability to set read receipt options in email (legacy)
    -horrid voice control system
    -reduced Bluetooth signal in BlackBerry 10 devices
    -Contact app that's a mess
    - Blackberry link.... ugggh

Rude of me to answer a question directed at another person but that's my thought off the top.

In my many legacy years with BlackBerry I was spoiled and used to picking up my BlackBerry and always have everything working as it should. I can't possibly make such an observation now.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-18-14 09:34 PM
    I'd say you are confused. You should know what you want because it's not so complicated if you do your research properly. Good luck.
    Yes I am confused, hence I created the thread for you guys to tell me what's on the horizon for BlackBerry 10.
    06-19-14 03:03 AM
    If you go Android, then HTC One (M7/last year model) or the new Sony Xperia 2 would be the best choice I think. Don't buy Samsung plastic, and remember, the new is not always the best... specially in Android phones.
    You're correct, I would never be caught with the expensive Samsung plastic Galaxy handsets.
    06-19-14 03:04 AM
    yeah, Windows Phone might be for you. Microsoft is doing an awesome job with it. I just switched from WP8 to Blackberry about 3 months ago. I love the BB10 OS, and love how well the device communicates (my main desire), but if I actually wanted my smartphone to be what most people want their smartphone to be: the game-playing, movie-watching, app-installing, be-all device; I would have been back on Windows Phone in a matter of weeks. Great hardware, compelling software, bright future -- windows phone is probably your best bet
    Windows is fine, but its App Catalog is still small, but all the Apps in their store are well built native Apps unlike in BlackBerry world where some Apps are ported Apps.
    06-19-14 03:05 AM
34 12