I absolutely loved this phone but now I am fuming. I JUST GOT ACCUSED OF RUNNING AN EMAIL SCAM. Unknown to me I could call out with my Z30 but nobody could call in All they would get was that I was unavailable so people thought that I was giving them a fictitious number.

I got into a snarky email flap with one of them telling him that the phone number was correct and that he had not been calling it because my phone was with me, turned on and it records missed calls. I was so peeved that for my own satisfaction I borrowed the land line from the restaurant that I was at and called my number. With the land line in one hand and the Z30 in the other I got a bloody message telling me that I was unavailable to take this blinking call.

How long has that been going on? I got the guy next to me to try my number and with a grin he said I was unavailable to take his call. Well that go me jumping up and down on the stool and cursing Blackberry and Rogers. He said that happens quite a lot with his Samsung and that he has to shut down and sometimes even pull the battery.

I powered the the Z30 off and rebooted. He called and this time it worked.
    Is this a phone problem or a network problem. I was not aware that such a thing occurred and to my knowledge it has not occurred before, but could have and I wasn't aware of it. This is serious! Whosoever problem it is get it fixed!
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 06-18-14 at 03:03 PM.
    06-18-14 11:55 AM
    Not sure If this will work maybe a new sim card would be good. Also is the sim card clean?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 12:05 PM
    The guy told you it happens to his Samsung, which I guarantee is not a BB phone. Therefore, it's not the phone if it's happening to both an Android phone and a BlackBerry phone, so by the process of elimination, that leaves the rogers system.

I demand that you retract your lousy comment about "crappy Z30" since the issue is not the phone, but the system it operates on.
    06-18-14 12:05 PM
    Wow never happened to me, maybe network issues try different simcard if the problem still persists then it is phone problem

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-18-14 12:06 PM
    Bedside Mode???

c
    06-18-14 12:48 PM
    That's a Rogers issue or SIM issue, which is also a Rogers issue. Either way, Rogers issue. I have 3 different phones and at one point or another, it has happened to all of them. All of which are on Rogers.

• BlackBerry - Rogers SIM died.
    • iPhone - Rogers customer care disabled the SIM and never owned up to it.
    • HTC One - Just plain old network issues.
    shahyaz, jerryeight and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-14 12:52 PM
    Bedside Mode???

c
    It has never been in bedside or airplane mode!
    06-18-14 01:19 PM
    Maybe try to exchange for a another SIM card from Rogers like Bla1ze said? See if that's the issue or it must be the network.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 02:30 PM
    I agree. It's definitely a SIM card issue. I just recently experienced something similar on AT&T. In the end, the SIM card they had on my account was different from the SIM card in the phone. Once they fixed it, and I powered off/on, everything worked fine. It cleared up both calling issues, and issues with the ubiquitous wi-fi error (limited network connectivity).

As the mobile phone admin for my company I also discovered that on some of our BB devices, AT&T had each phone in an Enterprise BB data plan, as opposed to a standard everyday smartphone data plan. Since we don't need Enterprise anymore with BB 10, I had it removed from all of our BB devices over a year ago. But somehow it made it back on to some of our phones. Yeah. I know.

The bottom line here is that both SIM card and data plan issues are carrier based, not BlackBerry based. One the carrier gets it right (and you have to watch them like a hawk) you'll be amazed at how much better (and faster) your phone will be.
    06-18-14 02:48 PM
    That's a Rogers issue or SIM issue, which is also a Rogers issue. Either way, Rogers issue. I have 3 different phones and at one point or another, it has happened to all of them. All of which are on Rogers.

• BlackBerry - Rogers SIM died.
    • iPhone - Rogers customer care disabled the SIM and never owned up to it.
    • HTC One - Just plain old network issues.
    This is 100% correct. I sold phones for years. This is surprisingly common. It's purely a Rogers sim issue. They're the worst offenders of the big three in Canada, from my experience. Rebooting the device works to fix this problem 90% of the time. The other 10 require a new SIM.
    Wilsonia Goldens likes this.
    06-18-14 03:00 PM
    The guy told you it happens to his Samsung, which I guarantee is not a BB phone. Therefore, it's not the phone if it's happening to both an Android phone and a BlackBerry phone, so by the process of elimination, that leaves the rogers system.

I demand that you retract your lousy comment about "crappy Z30" since the issue is not the phone, but the system it operates on.
    I will be checking with him to see what network he is on! Don't know who it was but someone changed the title!
    06-18-14 03:04 PM
    This is 100% correct. I sold phones for years. This is surprisingly common. It's purely a Rogers sim issue. They're the worst offenders of the big three in Canada, from my experience. Rebooting the device works to fix this problem 90% of the time. The other 10 require a new SIM.
    Thanks for the heads up. I will be going to Rogers for a new sim card. If there is a moderator still reading please transfer this post from Z30 to Rogers.
    06-18-14 03:08 PM

It's fair to say that the system hadn't been ruled out as a source of the problem. Good call. (haha, no pun).
    06-18-14 03:08 PM
    Hey, it's also a Bell issue, my hubby has a SG3 and he was missing calls left right and centre - not good in his line of business. Tried a new sim card, no better. I suggested using my Z10, (calls were clear as a bell unlike his SG3) worked well but in about a day the calls were going to voice mail or not at all. I deleted nearly all the apps I had installed and in particular Power Tools (it was recommended on another thread) much better now. There was also a suggestion by Bell that his cell number was compromised somehow. Oh and he won't give me back my Z10 now even tho they fixed his SG3 lol
    06-18-14 03:17 PM
    Hey, it's also a Bell issue.
    Right, it's a carrier/SIM issue in general really, just so happened OP was using Rogers.
    06-18-14 03:37 PM
    Thread renamed "Rogers SIM just cost me a lot of Money!" and moved to Rogers sub-forum.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 04:53 PM
    Wow never happened to me, maybe network issues try different simcard if the problem still persists then it is phone problem

Posted via CB10
    How do you know? How many times have you called someone and received the message "recipient unavailable" and thought the person you were calling had their phone turned off or was out of cell range. How many people have called you and received the same message. You will never know. Each time you power off you reset the sim. We should be alerting people who we receive this messaage from that they may have sim problems.
    06-19-14 07:48 AM
    How do you know? How many times have you called someone and received the message "recipient unavailable" and thought the person you were calling had their phone turned off or was out of cell range. How many people have called you and received the same message. You will never know. Each time you power off you reset the sim. We should be alerting people who we receive this messaage from that they may have sim problems.
    Because if my number unreachable my carrier will send me sms
    Rogers SIM just cost me a lot of Money!-img_20140619_214119.png

I never missed a called when my phone turn on

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 08:43 AM
    Because if my number unreachable my carrier will send me sms
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140619_214119.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	278900

I never missed a called when my phone turn on

Posted via CB10
    You seem to be missing the point. That works if it is working. I receive that message normally when I miss calls also. But in this situation I was not receiving calls or being informed that I was missing calls.
    06-19-14 10:33 AM
    You seem to be missing the point. That works if it is working. I receive that message normally when I miss calls also. But in this situation I was not receiving calls or being informed that I was missing calls.
    I see your point

But when people can't reach me they must be message me either bbm WhatsApp or sms and ask me why I can't be reach

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:49 AM