If you had the influence over BlackBerry that John Chen does, what would you do? What would you do next? Devices? Tablets? Phablets? (I hate that word by the way). Operating systems, focusing on the business sector, there's so much, but what would you do?
    06-18-14 10:48 AM
    Survive first. That is what he's trying to do.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-18-14 10:51 AM
    Rollout Z3 to other countries soon as possible.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    06-18-14 11:39 AM
    If you had the influence over BlackBerry that John Chen does, what would you do? What would you do next? Devices? Tablets? Phablets? (I hate that word by the way). Operating systems, focusing on the business sector, there's so much, but what would you do?
    Turn our more phones like the Z30, make it cheaper and sell, sell, sell. Invest in the Z75's (ya BB!) and make it a premium offering. Snip the store concept and get app development in-house, make a new tablet that's thinner, more enterprise focused and definitely better than the Fruity competitor offering.

Come'on Chen!
    06-19-14 10:30 AM
    ....Id be pretty damn proud about myself right now.

Id make sure BlackBerry 10 gets a wonderful app experience by ensuring the continuation of BlackBerry world and native apps.

Think of a way to get push notifications for android apps on BB10

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-19-14 10:48 AM
    Turn our more phones like the Z30, make it cheaper and sell, sell, sell. Invest in the Z75's (ya BB!) and make it a premium offering. Snip the store concept and get app development in-house, make a new tablet that's thinner, more enterprise focused and definitely better than the Fruity competitor offering.

Come'on Chen!
    Finally, someone mention in-house app development!?

Why can't BlackBerry themselves sell paid quality (business / enterprise? ) apps, why do they have to rely on fickle (no insult you guys out there :-) appreciate your work!) 3rd party devs, that need to make a living or think developing for BB10 is not worth it (big apps like Instagram, etc. ... )

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    06-21-14 04:23 PM
    First - release update that brings OS7 features and apps we loved.

Second - release an update that makes docs to go comparable to Word and File Explorer comparable to Windows Explorer.

Third - release a tablet style screen that is ONLY an interface to control and view every single function of your phone. 7" and 10"

Fourth - release the classic and passport at the same time.

Fifth - release peripherals dedicated to blackberry function. speaker, watch, all media streamer and car/desktop cradles/chargers.

Sixth - release 2 flagship sliders, 1 based on the Z30 and 1 based on the passport.

Seventh - Advertise and market the hell out of everything.

Eight - time frame for all of the above, November of this year.

Ninth - provide fabfreddie all of the above for free out of love and gratitude for 12 years of loyalty.
    acovey likes this.
    06-21-14 04:38 PM
    First - release update that brings OS7 features and apps we loved.

Second - release an update that makes docs to go comparable to Word and File Explorer comparable to Windows Explorer.

Third - release a tablet style screen that is ONLY an interface to control and view every single function of your phone. 7" and 10"

Fourth - release the classic and passport at the same time.

Fifth - release peripherals dedicated to blackberry function. speaker, watch, all media streamer and car/desktop cradles/chargers.

Sixth - release 2 flagship sliders, 1 based on the Z30 and 1 based on the passport.

Seventh - Advertise and market the hell out of everything.

Eight - time frame for all of the above, November of this year.

Ninth - provide fabfreddie all of the above for free out of love and gratitude for 12 years of loyalty.

----> Good margins in peripherals, just don't overstock...

Pasted via CB chen
    06-21-14 08:48 PM
    I'd stop trying to always make something new but stick to my strong points.
    1. I'd have a redesigned z30 in the works with a flatter look, keep my dimensions but optimize screen usage. Have it looking thinner and in shape.
    2. Put in a powerful processor to out beat the competition but not forgetting about battery life.
    3. Give it a nice finish that gives it an exclusive and premium look(the serious kind) maybe some aluminium finish(according to my taste).
    4. Have revamped camera with some of that daylight **** and low light.
    5. Make BB10 iconic, I'd give the background a darker look and the icons a little more brightness to make them pop out
    6. I'd have the blackberry name removed off of the front and just have the logo
    7. I'd scrape off any excess devices so that the company divided efforts and attention.
    8. I'd have people get paid to develop native big name applications like instagram and all that crap kids love so much, if we have the big names the little guys can be taken care of.
    07-03-14 02:59 PM
    Just keep doing what your doing.
    07-03-14 04:26 PM
    Invent a time machine, and go back to 2011 to roll out bb10 then

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 04:27 PM

Why can't BlackBerry themselves sell paid quality (business / enterprise? ) apps, why do they have to rely on fickle (no insult you guys out there :-) appreciate your work!) 3rd party devs, that need to make a living or think developing for BB10 is not worth it (big apps like Instagram, etc. ... )

If the 3rd party devs can't make money how can Blackberry?
    07-03-14 05:15 PM
    A deeper integration between QNX for car infotainment and BlackBerry phone.
    07-06-14 03:26 PM
    Start marketing the classic and passport now and let the leaks flow for BlackBerry users invaluable input to have the perfect new phones on launch day!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-06-14 03:30 PM
    I'd get the Blackberry jet painted black like the old Playboy jet.

Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    07-07-14 11:01 AM
    Refresh z10 and z30 ASAP. Need people interested in BlackBerry devices. No new phones = no new consumer awareness.

Use Foxconn for all development. It will save money and the time line for the classic and passport is way too long (I understand these need software changes, but this is a bit ridiculous when you developed your last phone in under six months)

Advertise

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 03:34 PM
    If the 3rd party devs can't make money how can Blackberry?
    Because they're selling the phone, have the appstore and control the ecosystem.

Awesome utility / biz apps make the phones more attractive to buyers, me for example.... regardless of whether the apps are free preloaded, free as add-ons or paid...

Pasted via CB chen
    07-23-14 06:05 AM

I see your point, and agree with the spirit of it, but one consideration is that making and maintaining apps in-house isn't cheap.
    07-23-14 07:07 AM
    My main focus would be:

BBM money (globally, and cross platform). I see a lot of potential here with even a very, very small percentage fee.

To acquire a company like Sierra to beef up my IoT product.

I would develop my partnership with Nant health care further.

I would license BB10 to Sony (and other reliable partners).

On the hardware side I would keep a low profile, continue with the Passport, Z30, Classic, and Z3 lines (and their successors). Four models. No tablets, no junk.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:16 PM
    My main focus would be:

BBM money (globally, and cross platform). I see a lot of potential here with even a very, very small percentage fee.

To acquire a company like Sierra to beef up my IoT product.

I would develop my partnership with Nant health care further.

I would license BB10 to Sony (and other reliable partners).

On the hardware side I would keep a low profile, continue with the Passport, Z30, Classic, and Z3 lines (and their successors). Four models. No tablets, no junk.

Posted via CB10
    The licensing part might be tough. Why would Sony want to?
    07-25-14 09:46 AM
    I just mentioned Sony because they aren't as entrenched into the Android OS as say Samsung is. Also would be nice to enter the Japanese domestic market which I know BlackBerry has stepped out of. This point pretty much applies to any decent handset maker who wouldn't tarnish the BlackBerry brand any further by putting bb10 on half baked hardware.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:25 PM
    You do understand, in this current situation, BBRY needs to pay Sony more than what they made from Android in order for Sony to even take a look at BB10. Licensing BB10 is a big deal for any OHA handsets maker since it will essentially mean dropping out of OHA. I don't think BBRY can pay any guy a billion dollar to fund the transition away from Android so what you suggested is just a pipe dream.

I just mentioned Sony because they aren't as entrenched into the Android OS as say Samsung is. Also would be nice to enter the Japanese domestic market which I know BlackBerry has stepped out of. This point pretty much applies to any decent handset maker who wouldn't tarnish the BlackBerry brand any further by putting bb10 on half baked hardware.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:27 PM
    You do understand, in this current situation, BBRY needs to pay Sony more than what they made from Android in order for Sony to even take a look at BB10. Licensing BB10 is a big deal for any OHA handsets maker since it will essentially mean dropping out of OHA. I don't think BBRY can pay any guy a billion dollar to fund the transition away from Android so what you suggested is just a pipe dream.
    Good point.
    07-30-14 07:35 PM
    If BBM could do conference calling with screen sharing it would be a killer app that no one else has, it would save businesses time and money, so they would buy into it.

Buddha Stories - C0038CC70
    kdklein likes this.
    07-30-14 07:41 PM
    Are there exclusivity agreements in place? I didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:47 PM
28 12