As of July 21 they will closed video and music on BlackBerry world because of interest of conflicts with amazon deal.

Anyone?

? Slicing using my ?
    06-18-14 09:48 AM
    Thats the point right there. Use our app store, but you have to buy our media....
    06-18-14 09:50 AM
    Sounds fair.

Posted via CB10
    I used it from time to time, although I do have one album stuck in limbo because I bought it when they were having problems. I also find their video DRM objectionable, so good riddance.
    Sounds fair.

Posted via CB10
    I agree actually..
    06-18-14 09:56 AM
    I used it from time to time, although I do have one album stuck in limbo because I bought it when they were having problems. I also find their video DRM objectionable, so good riddance.
    If the store closes... what happens to existing content? As you said the DRM is tied to the store and requires a "redownload" from time to time to confirm your DRM is correct. If ROVIO deleted a movie or changed a title for some reason it has caused some to not be able to play movies they purchased.

I really doubt many have invested much into either the movie or music stores... maybe a credit in the Amazon store for the same amounts? But more likely it will be just another lesson learned.
    06-18-14 09:58 AM
    This.....i dont like.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 09:59 AM
    Sm34, lesson learn what? We don't know what is going to happened and did you purchased any music or videos from bbw?

? Slicing using my ?
    06-18-14 10:01 AM
    Lesson learned. I have downloaded a fairly significant amount of music. Any thoughts on how to protect this investment going forward?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:01 AM
    If you have purchased music or video from them i would think it will move over for you and if something is not there then you will get a vouchers of such $$

? Slicing using my ?
    06-18-14 10:22 AM
    Lesson learned. I have downloaded a fairly significant amount of music. Any thoughts on how to protect this investment going forward?

Posted via CB10
    Just download all your purchased music, then put it on a flash drive, computer, or on a cloud service. Problem solved. If you purchased video that's a tough luck situation.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:27 AM
    I think this is part of the amazon deal: "You give us your store OFICIALLY, we will let you sell your media stuff on BB10"
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    06-18-14 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB has said that the stuff you already downloaded will still always be available in "My World" in BBW.
    06-18-14 10:37 AM
    ...and how do you transfer downloaded music from your bb10 phone to a hard / flash drive?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:39 AM
    If the store closes... what happens to existing content? As you said the DRM is tied to the store and requires a "redownload" from time to time to confirm your DRM is correct. If ROVIO deleted a movie or changed a title for some reason it has caused some to not be able to play movies they purchased.

I really doubt many have invested much into either the movie or music stores... maybe a credit in the Amazon store for the same amounts? But more likely it will be just another lesson learned.
    You're probably right about "another lesson learned," Scalemaster34. Not the same as the PlayBook experience, but not totally different too either.
    06-18-14 12:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Capture it digitally and re-encode it?
    06-18-14 12:47 PM
    BB has said that the stuff you already downloaded will still always be available in "My World" in BBW.
    Until/if they pull the plug on that too at some point. :-/ Companies these days blow with the wind...
    06-18-14 12:49 PM
    ...and how do you transfer downloaded music from your bb10 phone to a hard / flash drive?

Posted via CB10
    Once it's downloaded it should be either on device storage/Music or SD card/music (depending on BlackBerry World settings). Once it's there, just connect your phone to a computer and access the files with your file manager. Music is DRM-free, so you can do what you want with the files.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:28 PM
    Doesn't affect me as much as it would others

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:17 PM