I think if BlackBerry 10 has both Android & iOS Runtime it will be the only phone in the market to do so & this will definitely give BlackBerry a much bigger competitive advantage.

Why do I say that? No other phones or OS in the world has it.

It will resolve all the app gap problem.

I believe that QNX/Blackberry 10 has the resources to do this because QNX has the codes to do so. Reason being that QNX is the base OS on cars that are marketed to be iOS or Android ready.

If they can do it for cars why not put it in the phone too?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 12:01 PM
    Won't happen. iOS is not open source and Apple would not license it's code for use on BB10.
    kbz1960, srfinva and JeepBB like this.
    06-17-14 12:11 PM
    right because Apple will allow iOS on BB10, hell BB is having a hard enough time getting Google Services and developers to PORT their apps, let alone recreate natively.
    06-17-14 12:12 PM
    As others have hinted, it will never happen. Apple will never license iOS. It is for their use only.
    06-17-14 02:46 PM
    There have already been demos of IOS apps running on Android devices so it should be possible as well with BB but since there is no legal way to get IOS apps separate from an IOS device it doesn't do any good.
    06-17-14 03:27 PM
    There have already been demos of IOS apps running on Android devices so it should be possible as well with BB but since there is no legal way to get IOS apps separate from an IOS device it doesn't do any good.
    Yup I can port my iOS app to android and it'll work as well. I can also port it to windows phone and blackberry.

Android can not run a iOS app file extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - BBM: 7CA94831
    06-17-14 03:57 PM
    Someone should create a ios runtime so that we can use ios apps. BlackBerry won't support it but there should not be a reason why a dev can't create such a thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 04:52 PM
    Someone should create a ios runtime so that we can use ios apps. BlackBerry won't support it but there should not be a reason why a dev can't create such a thing.

Posted via CB10
    Only to be used by Apple

06-17-14 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    A developer did this for the PlayBook, a few days later he stopped posting in his thread and was never heard from again. (Not exaggerating.)
    Either Apple's lawyers got him or BlackBerry did. (And since we haven't seen an iOS runtime yet, I'm going to guess Apple did...)
    06-17-14 05:20 PM
    I believe that QNX/Blackberry 10 has the resources to do this because QNX has the codes to do so. Reason being that QNX is the base OS on cars that are marketed to be iOS or Android ready.
    Wrong. QNX is simply displaying the UI of an iOS or Android device. The app is running on the attached smartphone. It would, therefore, be theoretically possible for a Blackberry device to run iOS apps only while an iPhone is physically connected to it.
    06-17-14 05:39 PM
    Yup I can port my iOS app to android and it'll work as well. I can also port it to windows phone and blackberry.

Android can not run a iOS app file extension

No the demo runs native IOS apps like WINE runs Windows progs in Linux.
    06-17-14 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Source code is copyrighted. So you would have to reverse engineer Apple stuff to prevent using any of their code, and then still fight their lawyers afterwards.

Anyone watching "Halt and Catch Fire"?
    06-17-14 09:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are asking for someone to get sued.
    06-18-14 07:23 AM
    Why worry about Apple. A Google agreement would cement the majority of the market and Apple will continue to slide in market share. BB10 OS, running android apps is fine with me. Hopefully, they maintain some degree of native apps, and continue BES10/12 for those who need security.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:35 AM
    right because Apple will allow iOS on BB10, hell BB is having a hard enough time getting Google Services and developers to PORT their apps, let alone recreate natively.
    BlackBerry isn't trying to get Google Services.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    06-18-14 08:16 AM
    A developer did this for the PlayBook, a few days later he stopped posting in his thread and was never heard from again. (Not exaggerating.)
    Either Apple's lawyers got him or BlackBerry did. (And since we haven't seen an iOS runtime yet, I'm going to guess Apple did...)
    I remember this quite well. Kept hoping the stuff would show up sooner or later. But then got to thinking about it... if the Android RunTime is causing RAM requirement to go up (from what I've read), how much more RAM would be needed to also run a version of the iOS RunTime concurrently. Even if it was legally possible, I don't think we would see it available for current hardware.
    06-18-14 11:14 AM
    Apple will allow iOS on BB10

REALLY? That's so awesome of them, Kris, thanks for telling us this, I had no idea.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:26 AM
    REALLY? That's so awesome of them, Kris, thanks for telling us this, I had no idea.

Posted via CB10
    Oh skewing a quote lol

06-18-14 11:44 AM