So I bought this 32GB MiniSD for cheap on eBay. (That might be the issue right there) initially, I didn't format it before using it, but eventually I did and started from scratch with it. The card worked well for awhile, but now I'm not able to add anything to it via USB or wifi (sometimes).

As you'll see, 66% of the card is free but when I try to move a folder from my computer I'll get the screen that says it's copying the folder and it'll seem like it's actually working but the files won't be there.

For example: I'll copy a folder with 16 files in it, but when I go into File Manager, the folder will appear to be there with 0 files in it and I won't be able to delete the folder without putting the card into a card reader and doing it that way.

Strangely, I can still download pictures and things onto the card if I want to. I've been looking around online and trying to find some possible solutions or at least get an idea of why it's happening.

Also, when I'm looking at the files through the card reader I see these two files:

1) .crypt_keystore
    2) system_crypt_file

I've deleted them and the problem still persists. The files reappear each time. I have encryption turned off on my Q10. Maybe the card I bought is too slow. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Mini SD Card Problem-img_20140617_105633.png

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 10:10 AM
    You need a minimum Class 4 SD card. Preferred is Class 10 though for anything 32GB <.

If that card was ever encrypted (previous owner) it'll be permanently messed up unless the encryption is removed
    CheckWriter and raw_dog like this.
    06-17-14 10:57 AM
    You need a minimum Class 4 SD card. Preferred is Class 10 though for anything 32GB <.

If that card was ever encrypted (previous owner) it'll be permanently messed up unless the encryption is removed
    Ahh, I never knew. Thanks!
    06-17-14 05:16 PM
    Also, there is a way for the scammers that sell, let's say a 2gb card to read as a 32gbcard. Sometimes it can be fixed but usually not.

And the funny thing is that if you try to copy to the card, it will do the copy and show you the file names.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    06-17-14 11:04 PM
    I am always curious why people will buy these things used.

You say "cheap" from Ebay... how cheap? 5$ shipped to your door?

Goto FS, BestBuy, Staples, LondDrugs *insert your fave place to buy stuff (NOT used!) and pick up a NEW card.

I picked up a brand name 32gb cL10 from FS, NEW in a sealed package for 29$. If it poos the bed over the next 12months, FS will just exchange it.

CDN
    06-18-14 11:51 AM
    And just for your info OP, it's Micro SD, not Mini SD. This format existed several years ago, but not anymore.

Attachment 278757

Posted via CB10 with my Q5SQR100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-18-14 11:56 AM
    I am always curious why people will buy these things used.

You say "cheap" from Ebay... how cheap? 5$ shipped to your door?

Goto FS, BestBuy, Staples, LondDrugs *insert your fave place to buy stuff (NOT used!) and pick up a NEW card.

I picked up a brand name 32gb cL10 from FS, NEW in a sealed package for 29$. If it poos the bed over the next 12months, FS will just exchange it.

CDN
    It wasn't used, at least to my knowledge (sealed package)...but one can never tell. I think it was about $13 shipped.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:33 AM

I took a look at it, says Class 10 on it but I'm not so sure. I'll probably get another card and find some other use for the old one.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:37 AM