06-17-14 09:12 AM
    You gotta make a comment ...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    06-17-14 09:30 AM
    Exactly! take a side! Ok let me help as clearly stated in the article police intercepting BBM messages doesnt exactly bring into question BBM or Blackberry Security its a case of the police getting a court order or warrant and getting the keys to these encrypted communications end of story.
    06-17-14 09:41 AM
    Pin to Pin has NEVER been deemed "secure." Moreover, authorities with a warrant were HANDED THE KEYS to the front door of these conversations allowing them to peer in. The media is hardly a golden model of honesty.
    06-17-14 10:43 AM
    Comments to the article are basically cleaning up for the moron authors of the article.
    06-17-14 10:58 AM
    It will be funny when some gang has to hire an IT guy to setup their BES Server and install their eBBM......
    06-17-14 03:33 PM
    It will be funny when some gang has to hire an IT guy to setup their BES Server and install their eBBM......
    There's a few bucks to make hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 04:45 PM
    There's really no need for this. People just need know how to handle business properly. Those who don't pay the consequences.
    06-17-14 07:50 PM
    I think the relevant comment is that a lot of BB users on this forum believe their phones are secure, or at least way more secure than other phones. The article is pretty poor, but it does point out that belief is false or at least exaggerated by many BB users. BES connect BBM's are quite secure, but consumers believe their BB is as secure, which if false. There are very few security advantages to using a BB versus competing products with a consumer setup, period. That is not well known or recognized by many.
    muellerto likes this.
    06-17-14 09:00 PM
    True...other than BlackBerry isn't tied to the data mining empire (concerning consumer devices), thus auto permissions and such don't automatically share all your data to some obscure cloud somewhere.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-17-14 09:06 PM
    What about the old BIS though? Was BIS more secure than BB10 now? That's what I want to know.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:13 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=933666

I will refer you to Omni 's post - 5th one down.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:41 PM
    I think the relevant comment is that a lot of BB users on this forum believe their phones are secure, or at least way more secure than other phones. The article is pretty poor, but it does point out that belief is false or at least exaggerated by many BB users. BES connect BBM's are quite secure, but consumers believe their BB is as secure, which if false. There are very few security advantages to using a BB versus competing products with a consumer setup, period. That is not well known or recognized by many.
    I find the definition of "most secure" includes "a bit more than the others" in the scope.

Since you say "there are security advantages to other products, even if they are very few", the claim actually still holds and you do help claim it

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-17-14 09:43 PM
    Pin to Pin has NEVER been deemed "secure." Moreover, authorities with a warrant were HANDED THE KEYS to the front door of these conversations allowing them to peer in. The media is hardly a golden model of honesty.
    But BlackBerry has an obligation to protect the communication of its subscribers. As much as you can oppose criminal activity you must keep in mind the police could have simply relied upon so-called metadata without reading the actual message content. Right now some dictator is salivating at the thought of easy access to all BBM traffic. Will eBBM be equally vulnerable? If so, goodbye to BlackBerry as corporate users say WTF I may as well use an Apple or Android. Law enforcement is very lazy; their track record of case closure abysmal, their credibility open to serious skepticism, and yet we're supposed to feel good when supposedly secure private communication can be thwarted? If the BBMs were the only evidence of criminal activity by the Montreal Mafia their investigative techniques need serious overhaul.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-18-14 03:21 AM
    True...other than BlackBerry isn't tied to the data mining empire (concerning consumer devices), thus auto permissions and such don't automatically share all your data to some obscure cloud somewhere.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Not so fast buckaroo. As the BlackBerry WiFi-gate has revealed, BlackBerry apparently uses the BlackBerry OS 10's reliance on some mysterious server on the blackberry.net domain to track it's users. Why does a BlackBerry 10 smartphone essentially call the mothership for authorisation to use WiFi?

06-18-14 03:28 AM
    My fee is CAD10000.00 per installation with includes 24x7 support. Don't ask, don't tell policy.

06-18-14 03:32 AM
    [QUOTE=qwerty4ever;10486058]
    /";;;:;:;:__##@+#@. CARRIER LOST
    06-18-14 03:33 AM