BlackBerry Z3 in India soon, could be priced around Rs 11,000 | The Indian Express

The BlackBerry Z3 is launching in India in a couple of weeks. Really good to see this smartphone spread across multiple countries.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 04:10 AM
    Yeah that's a good news..... some of my friends are already planning to get it.... but the problem is few cheap windows and android phones are already rocking indian market....

1. i personally think that specs of z3 should have been a little higher.... to get a good response from indian consumers.

2. Market penetration of BlackBerry in india is really poor you don't find BlackBerry handsets in india anywhere except big cities.... (in smaller cities BlackBerry is still a very big thing and they should understand that).

3. Pricing would be a very important factor.... psychological prices will nail it for BlackBerry, my predictions for the price for the pricing is anything betweeno Rs. 9990 - 10990 (if it is priced more than that I'm afraid it will fail due to some serious competition from Motorola, Micromax and cheap Lumia devices and even z10 is selling at 17000 right now....

4. Marketing should be strong... i don't understand why didn't they use actor Ranbir Kapoor for any television advertisement (they roped him in during z10 launch) and i have seen him in a lenovo smartphone commercial last month.... so they have already wasted one opportunity.... they shouldn't waste another and rope in some other celebrity asap before the launch....

I really hope this phone does well in india...even if its sold well I don't think it can prove to be a monetary help for BlackBerry Ltd BUT it will have two major effects Firstly it will increase the shipment volume, shutting the mouth of Wallstreet analysts secondly it will attract Instagram, snapchat and even google to start writing native BlackBerry apps. I really hope it happens.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 04:31 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great news to hear the Z3 launching in India.... hopefully it's positioned really well for great success there!

Posted via CB10
    kartikeyarathi8 likes this.
    06-15-14 07:19 AM
    Let's hope this is true!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:35 AM
    With what stock? There hasn't been enough product availability in Indonesia to satisfy demand there, how can they launch elsewhere?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 11:04 AM
    With what stock? There hasn't been enough product availability in Indonesia to satisfy demand there, how can they launch elsewhere?

Posted via CB10
    Unless its a paper launch, Foxconn must have told BB that they'd have stock available by then.
    06-17-14 11:45 AM
    Unless its a paper launch, Foxconn must have told BB that they'd have stock available by then.
    They must have, I'm thinking that they're having as much stock in India as I'm the initial launch in Indonesia

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 01:56 PM
    Yeah that's a good news..... some of my friends are already planning to get it.... but the problem is few cheap windows and android phones are already rocking indian market....

1. i personally think that specs of z3 should have been a little higher.... to get a good response from indian consumers.

3. Pricing would be a very important factor.... psychological prices will nail it for BlackBerry, my predictions for the price for the pricing is anything betweeno Rs. 9990 - 10990 (if it is priced more than that I'm afraid it will fail due to some serious competition from Motorola, Micromax and cheap Lumia devices and even z10 is selling at 17000 right now....
    If you have been watching the Windows Phone app ecosystem in India over the past year it is surprising and the Microsoft brand is standing behind it with their services. Micromax just released Rs. 9,500 dual SIM Windows Phone (Micromax Canvas Win W121: Hands-on, First impressions, and Photos | Windows Phone Central) so on the face of it Z3 is definitely going to have a harder time. Pricing AND marketing will be critical in the success.
    06-17-14 10:50 PM
    its still a very quiet launch... not so good for the Indian markets!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    06-18-14 04:47 AM
    I am confident people will buy this device. My friends love my Z10 .. it's good that many people can now buy BB10 for cheap..
    06-18-14 04:52 AM
    Pricing wise it's gonna be a star device...let's hope it will create a buzz

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-18-14 05:21 AM
    Well, it's already out in Vietnam, but India should be quite soon:

Good news for people of India!-india3175.png
    L_ieven and dusdal like this.
    06-18-14 10:00 AM
    Well, it's already out in Vietnam, but India should be quite soon:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	india3175.png 
Views:	654 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	278739
    Well I guess that very very soon is indeed very very soon thanks thurask

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:28 AM
    hi
    i would like to purchase z3 but before that i would want know, does the feature of blackberry balance (personal \ work) available on z3 model. or does it require BES or BIS plan ?
    06-18-14 11:07 PM
    hi
    i would like to purchase z3 but before that i would want know, does the feature of blackberry balance (personal \ work) available on z3 model. or does it require BES or BIS plan ?
    BlackBerry Balance on any BB10 device requires BES 10 or newer.
    06-18-14 11:39 PM
    ..if its happening in the last week of June then i don't think much time is left.. but excepting for a few newspaper news, there are no advertising or propaganda.. many people would like to buy this thing but most of them are not at all aware about the fact of the launch. Why are the Marketing team not looking into the matter?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:58 PM
    so does the BES 10 needs to be installed on blackberry device z3 or z10 or is it needs to be purchased from Telecom ISP?
    06-19-14 12:42 AM
    so does the BES 10 needs to be installed on blackberry device z3 or z10 or is it needs to be purchased from Telecom ISP?
    BES 10 is a computer program that needs a special server operating system. That then connects to your phone to give you these special features. BIS/BES plans from telco don't exist anymore.
    06-19-14 06:54 AM
    This feature is currently mostly used in enterprise situations. I have no idea if you can actually have a BES10 server for home use. And, indeed, it's a server, not something you have to install on your device.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 09:39 AM