I am considering purchasing one of the Z10 at T-Mob before they run out and would like to ask to forum members their experience with the Z10 and wifi calling while traveling.

I rely on wifi calling and have noticed that my 9900 is not up to the previous models in terms of connections and reliability. I have noticed lately that on the 9900 wifi works well only in the US.

Your experiences, input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

gb
    06-14-14 10:49 AM
    I have both the Z10 and BB9900 on TMO and both are active. I went to Serbia for a couple of weeks about a month ago and wifi calling back to the USA worked great on both phones.
    Here in the USA, the Z10 consistently works great with wifi calling. But, I have problems with my BB9900 as many times when I try to call, it says network is not available so I have to reboot my BB9900 and then it works (wifi calling that is). I have tried stock OS and hybrid OS into my BB9900 but the problem remains. And again, I can (so far) consistently make and recieve calls over wifi with my Z10 on TMO with rebooting my Z10.
    Just a FYI: In case you are also looking (in the back of your mind that is) for the Z30 for wifi calling on TMo-nope, it does not but I get around by using voip programs ( which also worked great when I was in Serbia). I used Taki in combo with Pbxes and my Google voice number but for beginners it is a real hassle to initially setup. So if you are planning on using wifi calling over seas, the Z10 is the good way to go.
    gbany likes this.
    06-14-14 11:22 AM
    I have both the Z10 and BB9900 on TMO and both are active. I went to Serbia for a couple of weeks about a month ago and wifi calling back to the USA worked great on both phones.
    Here in the USA, the Z10 consistently works great with wifi calling. But, I have problems with my BB9900 as many times when I try to call, it says network is not available so I have to reboot my BB9900 and then it works (wifi calling that is). I have tried stock OS and hybrid OS into my BB9900 but the problem remains. And again, I can (so far) consistently make and recieve calls over wifi with my Z10 on TMO with rebooting my Z10.
    Just a FYI: In case you are also looking (in the back of your mind that is) for the Z30 for wifi calling on TMo-nope, it does not but I get around by using voip programs ( which also worked great when I was in Serbia). I used Taki in combo with Pbxes and my Google voice number but for beginners it is a real hassle to initially setup. So if you are planning on using wifi calling over seas, the Z10 is the good way to go.
    Thank you very much barbarianthemadserb. I just realized that TMob run out of Z10! There are a number available on ebay, as well as the unlocked from Bb directly. Don't know yet. I have noticed on your profile you also have the Q10, which one you like better?

Thanks again for everything.

All the best,

gb

P.S. With this VOIP app you mentioned, does any of those allow you to use your phone number?
    06-14-14 12:07 PM
    Z10 tmo wifi calling works great in Europe (UK, Germany, France, Romania, Netherlands)

Posted via CB10
    gbany likes this.
    06-14-14 12:35 PM
    Also worked great in Sweden last Dec.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    gbany likes this.
    06-14-14 01:45 PM
    Thank you very much barbarianthemadserb. I just realized that TMob run out of Z10! There are a number available on ebay, as well as the unlocked from Bb directly. Don't know yet. I have noticed on your profile you also have the Q10, which one you like better?

All the best,

gb

P.S. With this VOIP app you mentioned, does any of those allow you to use your phone number?
    I picked up a Z 10 from t mobile as a refurbish phone. as we all know its not always a fixed phone some were just return because.that's what I wanted to do as well get one before they were gone. to early to tell it is as good as a new one. just ask for refurbish unit.
    gbany likes this.
    06-14-14 01:56 PM

I prefer the Z10. The Q10, to me, is not as good as my BB9900 due to the "tool belt". The Q10 screen is only slightly bigger than the BB9900. Although the Z10 does not have the hard keys, it is easy typing on it and the screen is larger so it is a better tool (for me) to cruise the web when I need to. The Q10's screen is too small for that.

All the best,

I have tried a lot of voip apps and none allow you to use my own number. There is, however, a tricky way of doing this. I swapped my phone number (costs $20) with a google voice number. Then what used to be my real phone number I now enter into my VOIP credentials so any one who calls my voip number (which really is my real phone number) can call me. The next step is to go into google voice under settings and "forward" any calls from my now google voice number to my actual phone (which now has the original google voice number). Kinda confusing I know but it works really well. Also doing it this way I have more options in my Google Voice web page to place all kinds of restrictions on incoming calls. For example: I can block a call from a particular number coming in in Google Voice! But like I said, it can be a little confusing setting it up. "Spare Phone" (the free version) used to have a simple setup where you enter your google voice number and anyone who calls gets routed via Google chat directly into one of your forwarding phones.
    gbany likes this.
    06-14-14 05:58 PM
    I picked up a Z 10 from t mobile as a refurbish phone. as we all know its not always a fixed phone some were just return because.that's what I wanted to do as well get one before they were gone. to early to tell it is as good as a new one. just ask for refurbish unit.
    Thank you very much for your suggestion, I just did that. It should be here in a few days. I have noticed that there are a lot available on ebay, claiming to be new. One guy sold over 780 of it!

Thanks again
    06-15-14 10:59 AM

I prefer the Z10. The Q10, to me, is not as good as my BB9900 due to the "tool belt". The Q10 screen is only slightly bigger than the BB9900. Although the Z10 does not have the hard keys, it is easy typing on it and the screen is larger so it is a better tool (for me) to cruise the web when I need to. The Q10's screen is too small for that.

All the best,

I have tried a lot of voip apps and none allow you to use my own number. There is, however, a tricky way of doing this. I swapped my phone number (costs $20) with a google voice number. Then what used to be my real phone number I now enter into my VOIP credentials so any one who calls my voip number (which really is my real phone number) can call me. The next step is to go into google voice under settings and "forward" any calls from my now google voice number to my actual phone (which now has the original google voice number). Kinda confusing I know but it works really well. Also doing it this way I have more options in my Google Voice web page to place all kinds of restrictions on incoming calls. For example: I can block a call from a particular number coming in in Google Voice! But like I said, it can be a little confusing setting it up. "Spare Phone" (the free version) used to have a simple setup where you enter your google voice number and anyone who calls gets routed via Google chat directly into one of your forwarding phones.
    Thank you, got the idea. Are you able to get back your number from google in case you want to terminate this set up?

That was my thought also on the Q10. Though I'm disappointed about my 9900, it did work just fine until about 2 months ago. My 9700 (and all previous models) do a better job at wifi.

Thanks again for everything
    06-15-14 11:07 AM
    Thank you, got the idea. Are you able to get back your number from google in case you want to terminate this set up?

That was my thought also on the Q10. Though I'm disappointed about my 9900, it did work just fine until about 2 months ago. My 9700 (and all previous models) do a better job at wifi.

Thanks again for everything
    Sorry, I am a little late in replying as I forgot about this thread. lol. And YES, you can get back your original number from Google as it is a simple swap and your original number appears on your Gvoice account under settings and google even asks if your want to swap back. I still have the original number there and it has been there over a year on my settings page on Gvoice.
    08-01-14 04:59 AM
    I have a Z10 on TMO and wifi calling usually sucks. TMO was supposedly working on a software update but it's been several months now and I haven't seen it.

Before that I had UMA with a BlackBerry 9780 and it worked great.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 04:01 PM
    I'm running .2228 and wifi-calling is great. However, I started getting dropped calls, so contacted support. They screwed around for about four days -- and fixed it. Trying calling support.
    08-01-14 11:05 PM