Blackberry Blend
    A quick video look at the BlackBerry Blend Beta dashboard | CrackBerry.com
    (I could say Blackberry Bridge but Blackberry basically killed that off, not one of their brightest moments)

Samsung SideSync
    Samsung SideSync

Apple Handover (Open API!!!)

Handoff in iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite: Explained | iMore

So now all 3 companies are going head to head competing in the same category.
    He don't have much info on BlackBerry Blend but the other 2 are pretty clear. I thought Blend was revolutionary but BlackBerry is too slow to the game like always with out even a release date.

Apple might have this one, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by khehl; 06-14-14 at 03:36 PM.
    06-13-14 06:41 AM
    to me this is just like Toast Notifications/Quick Reply for CyanogenMod and BB10[
    BlackBerry only can reply to BBMs and Texts from Toast Notifications

Apple again takes Quick Reply to the next level opens the API so it can be used for any IM app!! with voice reply

Last edited by khehl; 06-14-14 at 03:36 PM.
    06-13-14 06:45 AM
    I really dislike Apple but they are doing everything right... sad to say

They watched Android and listened to customers (2 things BlackBerry will never do) and they are opening the crap out of their API
    walt63 likes this.
    06-13-14 07:53 AM
    sad but true....
    06-13-14 08:01 AM
    I hate reading this thread un cb10... the yellow makes the text unreadable

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    06-13-14 11:42 PM

Not any better on desktop

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442:296"the iPhone Nemesis"
    06-14-14 12:00 AM
    Apple might have this one, what do you guys think?
    I think you should use bold tags instead.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:19 AM
    From what I have seen BlackBerry blend is the only one of these services that doesn't lock you into using a particular companion device/OS and can be accessed from most devices with a Web browser. If BlackBerry opened this up to third party apps they would have a winner on their hands!

Posted from my Z or Q!
    QtHelex likes this.
    06-14-14 06:38 AM
    I will change it to bold when I get home from work.

Not do able on the CB10 app obviously

First on blackberry
    Second apple
    Third samsung

Thats all ypu need to know, its all about the videos and sites anyways

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 07:13 AM
    From what I have seen BlackBerry blend is the only one of these services that doesn't lock you into using a particular companion device/OS and can be accessed from most devices with a Web browser. If BlackBerry opened this up to third party apps they would have a winner on their hands!

Posted from my Z or Q!
    Isn't Blend supposed to be opened up to third party apps too? So developers like WhatsApp and such may update their apps to work with it? Can't wait for it to be released! Or at least more info lol

Gotta say tho, great desktop solutions for each platform. Sidesync is bridge on steroids, I must say. Could've been BlackBerry if they had a tablet or even worked on bridge and improved it for BlackBerry 10 devices at least. Oh well, it's been what it's been

iOS Handoff is also a very good solution.
    But gotta agree with Tom tho, Blend seems like the only one that is web based and therefore could be accessible from multiple devices

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:44 AM
    Isn't Blend supposed to be opened up to third party apps too? So developers like WhatsApp and such may update their apps to work with it? Can't wait for it to be released! Or at least more info lol

Gotta say tho, great desktop solutions for each platform. Sidesync is bridge on steroids, I must say. Could've been BlackBerry if they had a tablet or even worked on bridge and improved it for BlackBerry 10 devices at least. Oh well, it's been what it's been

iOS Handoff is also a very good solution.
    But gotta agree with Tom tho, Blend seems like the only one that is web based and therefore could be accessible from multiple devices

Posted via CB10
    I do wonder how they will get BBM working with multiple login spots like web and spmehow still keep it secure

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:54 AM
    Exciting times ahead I think! I would love some more details on blend such as the login process etc. I used to use Airdroid for android which gave txt access and access to contacts and files hopefully there will be integration with other services such as whatsapp. Then I would never have to pick up my phone.

Apples solution looks pretty seamless but most apps other than the main messaging platforms have their own websites anyway making integration less necessary. I bounce between multiple computers at work and home and even though I use a mac as my personal machine this integration would be more useful at work.

If BlackBerry can pull this off in a way that wows people this will be a major selling point. It would be good if this could integrate with a dashboard for personal device management with tracking remote lock and back-up.

It's no deal breaker but if they could also enable a screen sharing feature for remote control using the infrastructure behind bbm this would make it the most powerful 2nd screen experience available.

Posted from my Z or Q!
    QtHelex likes this.
    06-14-14 12:18 PM

Not any better on desktop

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442:296"the iPhone Nemesis"
    I think you should use bold tags instead.

Posted via CB10
    Highlighting fixed to just bold
    06-14-14 03:37 PM
    Exciting times ahead I think! I would love some more details on blend such as the login process etc. I used to use Airdroid for android which gave txt access and access to contacts and files hopefully there will be integration with other services such as whatsapp. Then I would never have to pick up my phone.

Apples solution looks pretty seamless but most apps other than the main messaging platforms have their own websites anyway making integration less necessary. I bounce between multiple computers at work and home and even though I use a mac as my personal machine this integration would be more useful at work.

If BlackBerry can pull this off in a way that wows people this will be a major selling point. It would be good if this could integrate with a dashboard for personal device management with tracking remote lock and back-up.

It's no deal breaker but if they could also enable a screen sharing feature for remote control using the infrastructure behind bbm this would make it the most powerful 2nd screen experience available.

Posted from my Z or Q!
    it's so easy to DDOS any site now a days. How is BlackBerry going to guarantee that the site won't get hacked by CIA, Anonymous or a DDOS using a botnet account.

BBM will no longer be as secure as they say it is

Web seems the best overall and would eb good for android or apple but if BlackBerry is all about security they need to make it a program like built into BlackBerry Link or something to make it as secure as possible.

Even though I hate Link with a passion. No SD card option stilll!!!
    06-14-14 03:40 PM
    it's so easy to DDOS any site now a days. How is BlackBerry going to guarantee that the site won't get hacked by CIA, Anonymous or a DDOS using a botnet account.

Web seems the best overall and would eb good for android or apple but if BlackBerry is all about security they need to make it a program like built into BlackBerry Link or something to make it as secure as possible.

I'm sure if anyone can make a secure web based implementation it will be BlackBerry, their reputation is on the line as security is in their DNA. If your phone is still the portal to bbm then I don't see it being any less secure, as long as it's obvious from your phone that blend is active it will be easy to see if you have been hacked. I'm sure some form of 2 factor authentication would fix this too, password and a QR code scan for logging on via an insecure machine etc.

Posted from my Z or Q!
    06-16-14 05:06 AM

First off, there are appliances that mitigate dos, ddos and behavioral does such as low and slow attacks. These sit in front of a firewall and could be put in front of the noc if not already done. These appliances are not too costly. Radware seems to have the best offering for these.

Blackberry owns certicom which holds patents for Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) the most complex to date.

Will NSA gain access if they wish? Probably they have the resources to do it.
    10-19-14 01:31 PM