Six months ago, my co-worker was going to upgrade from the Blackberry Bold 9900 to the Q10, since his contract had expired. I showed him my Blackberry Q10 so he would know what to expect with the new OS. He was all set to get it and then to my surprise, he was convinced by the AT&T sales rep and his fiance' to get the SG4 even though he never intended to buy it in the first place. So, needless to say, I was quite disappointed. Until one day something miraculous happened. He accidentally dropped his SG4 and as a result, there was huge crack in the middle of the screen. Soon afterwards, he began to see that the SG4 wasn't all that was "cracked" up to be. No pun intended. Over the several weeks, he noticed this product felt cheaper and inferior despite having a larger screen and a fresh OS. But he felt like he was stuck with his SG4 due to his 2 year contact. This was the opportunity for me to help him switch allegiance back to Blackberry. I convinced him that the Blackberry 10 OS is a great OS and currently he can get it at a great value now than before. So, I researched on eBay for a lowest priced brand new Blackberry Q10 for him. I was happy to say that it took less than a week for me to win a bid for a brand new Q10 for less than $200. After trying out the Q10 for a few days, he commented how the screen was much smaller than his SG4 but he did miss the keyboard experience and he is satisfied with it. After all that was said and done, this story had a happy ending. A former Blackberry user found his way back to Blackberry. Now, the only challenge I see in the future maybe the iPhone 6 vs. the Q30. Hopefully, he will not stray again. But that will be another story for next time!
    LeeU1911 and johnm137 like this.
    06-12-14 09:33 PM
    thanks for sharing the good story!
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-12-14 09:36 PM
    Absolutely love it.

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-12-14 10:24 PM
    Great story and keep up the good work op

? Slicing using my ?
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-12-14 10:26 PM
    Thanks for sharing! Now you can find me a brand new Q10 for $200 or under please! You must have a horseshoe

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-12-14 10:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing your story. Glad your co-worker is back with BB

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-12-14 10:39 PM
    Funny, something similar happened with one of my closest coworkers. He dropped his SGS4 and not only cracked the screen, but the thing got really hot and would no longer be recognized by his computer, charge or display anything (it had a rubber case on it, which did nothing).

He was kinda soured by the experience and decided to just screw smartphones and go without one for a while. Plus he didn't feel like buying a replacement right away. He had given me his old android device which was partially working last year when he upgraded to the SGS4, I hacked it up and basically tried to turn it into a slim cat harness camera (don't look at me like that!). Anyway I had a spare Z10, so I took it into work and told him he could borrow it for as long as he needed or could deal with.

It's been almost a month and I haven't gotten it back yet, haven't had much of a chance to ask him what he thinks but his initial thoughts were that he liked the keyboard ... too bad I didn't have a spare Z30 as that would have surely been a closer replacement to his SGS4.

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-12-14 11:44 PM
    Why did he upgrade to the SGS4 when there's SGS5?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 12:53 AM
    Why did he upgrade to the SGS4 when there's SGS5?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure which story you are referring to, but I believe both "upgrades" probably happened before the GS5 was released.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 08:34 AM
    Not sure which story you are referring to, but I believe both "upgrades" probably happened before the GS5 was released.

Posted via CB10
    @AnimalPak200 - You are correct. He got the SG4 around the holidays(approx 6 months ago) last year. The SG5 wasn't released until March this year.
    06-14-14 12:19 AM
    Thanks for sharing! Now you can find me a brand new Q10 for $200 or under please! You must have a horseshoe

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Ha. ha. Oh, it was quite a lucky break to get it less than $200. Keep in mind the fact that it was an open box (never used except for demo purposes) with a 30 day return policy. After that auction, the same e-Bay seller decided to do away with a normal bidding process and was selling another Q10 with Buy it Now price @ $349.
    Last edited by vincentkong; 06-15-14 at 06:20 PM.
    06-14-14 12:27 AM
    Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 04:16 AM