Was just thinking to myself today, how long am I willing to wait for a proper full-touch flagship from BB and what are some of the things that this flagship would need to hook me?

In no particular order:
    High quality 5" to 5.2" edge-to-edge display (little to no bezel) with HD specs
    Physical size about the same as Nexus 5 or HTC One, great ergonomics
    Qi wireless charging
    Charge/sync port on the bottom, not the side
    Miracast support
    More subtle branding, i. e., get rid of the "BlackBerry" emblazoned across the front...maybe just the BB dots
    Much improved camera sensor and software, equal to or better than current top devices
    Premium build, premium materials
    Enough CPU and GPU for liquid-fast performance
    Enough battery to get me through a busy day

If they can deliver one of these inside the next 9 months, along with improved Android runtime performance/integration and AT&T LTE bands, I think they'll have me for another year or more...
    06-12-14 02:21 PM
    I think many Z10 owners are hoping for a replacement device to be on the market in the next nine months....
    06-12-14 02:34 PM
    Or if pot will be legalized in your state it will work just as well ...

It's just a hypothesis, please don't throw those rocks ...

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    06-12-14 02:37 PM
    OP, I'd say you've got about another 9-12 months to wait, if BlackBerry even make another high end all touch phone.

There isn't going to be one this year or we'd have heard more about it by now, beyond the name Manitoba, and we would possibly have seen photos of prototype and developer units by now too. This year is just Z3, Q20/Classic and Windermere (Q30).

Personally I think they are going to judge whether to stay in the phone hardware market at all on the success of those 3 phones this year before even committing to a high end all touch phone. If sales are bad BlackBerry could pull the plug on making devices. Let's hope the Z3 is selling well enough to make BlackBerry a profit so they feel they can sell all touch phones and make a success of it sales wise if they focus on the right markets.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 06-12-14 at 04:24 PM.
    Bbnivende and AlexTheTen10 like this.
    06-12-14 03:38 PM
    OP, I'd say you've got about another 9-12 months to wait, if BlackBerry even make another high end all touch phone.

There isn't going to be one this year or we'd have heard more about it by now, beyond the name Manitoba, and we would possibly have seen photos of prototype and developer units by now too. This year is just Z3, Q20/Classic and Windermere (Q30).

Personally I think they are going to judge whether to stay in the phone hardware market at all on the success of those 3 phones this year before even committing to a high end all touch phone. If sales are bad BlackBerry could pull the plug on making devices. Let's hope the Z3 is selling well enough to make BlackBerry a profit so they feel they can sell all touch phones and make a success of it sales wise if they focus on the right markets.
    If the only two globally available phones they put out in the next year are both QWERTY's, then they've likely already made the decision to leave the consumer market, because pinning future handset development on the success of those devices in the consumer space would seal the deal for it to come to an end.
    06-12-14 05:06 PM
    I think many Z10 owners are hoping for a replacement device to be on the market in the next nine months....
    I got a nice 3 year contract... this was when they weren't offering 2 year in Canada...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-12-14 05:12 PM
    Then you woke up from your dream and realized this isn't happening any time soon

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-13-14 02:42 AM
    I've got just over six months till I can exchange my Z10, so BlackBerry better get a move on! ; )

However, not holding my breath for anything as good as this, so more than likely will try out either the Sony Z2, or HTC One M8 or possibly a Nokia Lumia. My Z10 will be kept as a back-up just in case none of these work out.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-13-14 03:11 AM
    I've got just over six months till I can exchange my Z10, so BlackBerry better get a move on! ; )

However, not holding my breath for anything as good as this, so more than likely will try out either the Sony Z2, or HTC One M8 or possibly a Nokia Lumia. My Z10 will be kept as a back-up just in case none of these work out.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Android has pretty much moved to a six-nine month cycle.... so in six months most of those devices you mentioned will be a generation behind. Making your Z10 and BB10 look.... OLD. Think we are looking at a year for the next touch device a this point. Nothing on the RoadMap for a Z10 replacement, there is a super phone - but it needs 10.4 and who knows when that will be ready.
    06-13-14 12:54 PM
    Device they need to build for me, blackberry Q10 with a 4" screen running android 4.4.3

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 12:55 PM
    Android has pretty much moved to a six-nine month cycle.... so in six months most of those devices you mentioned will be a generation behind. Making your Z10 and BB10 look.... OLD. Think we are looking at a year for the next touch device a this point. Nothing on the RoadMap for a Z10 replacement, there is a super phone - but it needs 10.4 and who knows when that will be ready.
    I'll get a Sony Experia Z3 then! Hehe! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-13-14 01:26 PM
    This is what they are doing. Hedging their bets. If nothing comes of these next phones then the phone business will be no more. Which would pretty much put an end to any all touch premium device.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-14-14 11:33 PM
    If the only two globally available phones they put out in the next year are both QWERTY's, then they've likely already made the decision to leave the consumer market, because pinning future handset development on the success of those devices in the consumer space would seal the deal for it to come to an end.
    I have a feeling that's what Chen would prefer, to make Enterprise only phones. However I don't think there is a big enough market there for BlackBerry either, consumer influence in the workplace is too strong now.

I really hope I'm wrong and Manitoba comes out in time for Christmas this year, I just feel like we'd have seen prototypes of it by now because BlackBerry staff would be testing the technology.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    06-15-14 08:31 AM