Hi,
    I just lost my BlackBerry Q10 so I'm about buy a new one and I'm considering getting the white version.
    So my question is, to all white Q10 owners, does the phone get dirty easily ? Is it as solid as the black one ?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 02:03 PM
    Sorry to hear about your lost Q10!

Will you use a case with your new Q10? If so, which case?

The case might render some of your question moot, so just curious.
    06-12-14 02:14 PM
    Yes I'll probably get a case (hard case) after a few times but I was more concerned about the keyboard. Fingers get easily dirty and I don't want the keyboard to become yellow after a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 02:22 PM
    No it doesn't get dirty faster....

IMO it's built the same as the black one
    06-12-14 02:39 PM
    My question is just does it show ?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 03:04 PM
    I'm not sure about the filth because I have a black Q10, but I do know that on the bottom part of the phone (the rest is metal, but the bottom is plastic because of the antennas), the silver paint of the bezel fades away after a while. I replaced the black bezel with a silver one that comes on the white model. It's been only two weeks and I can already see the white plastic underneath! Very disappointing...

But since you're using a case, it probably won't be that big of a deal.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-12-14 03:14 PM
    The white version will feel more "plastic". Nothing beats that bad*ss glass weave smooth feel. Go black bro.

"Black with a black background and IF you have a case....make it black."

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    06-12-14 05:11 PM
    It doesn't really get dirty faster but if it does get dirty it will show up more because of the color white.

I just bought one and I must say I love the white over the black ones I have had.
    06-12-14 05:18 PM
    I've only owned the white one and I love it even when it gets dirty its easy to clean. The material the phone is made out of won't let dirt stick to it
    06-12-14 09:34 PM
    I have a white and a black Q10, and both are naked at all times. I don't have issues with the white one holding dirt, even when I use it at the ballpark with dirty hands. I actually find the black one attracts more dirt to the rubbery back. The white version is more plasticy and as such the dirt tends to roll off it easier. That said, it will show dirt easier as has already been mentioned.

I wouldn�t worry about it.
    06-12-14 11:26 PM
    I agree with Denny_Crane. I own both black and white Q10. The glass weave back of the black Q10 attracts more dust and dirt easily (you can feel it sometimes), whereas the white one feels smooth and clean (but slippery though).

As for color degenerating, I am using my white for 6 months and still looks new. And by the way, screen protectors look almost non-existent on the white Q10. And I use both Qs without case.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 11:50 PM
    Thank you very much everyone for sharing you experiences. I feel reassured and I'll just go for the white one.
    Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 02:26 AM
    One other thing... the battery door on the white one is definitely more creaky on my white one than it is on my black one... and I've had it only since January, whereas I've had the black one since June 2013.

The silver bezel of the white one is also much easier to scratch the finish off of, especially the bottom part, it's like the silver paint is very easily removed. The bezel on the black Q10 is made out of some metal and isn't painted like the silver one is.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 02:44 AM
    When I had a white Q10, the only issue I had was the bezel appearing to chip/fade, and I am very careful with my phones.
    06-13-14 09:08 AM
    I know what you mean - so far, no it doesn't show at all.

My moto x after a few days in my jeans started to get black smudges on it.

The white Z30 and q10 are very well built in my experience as far as materials go and they don't get "dirty" through normal use.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 09:39 AM
    I've been rocking my white Q10 for just about a month now completely naked no screen protector or case!! I constantly am sliding it into my pant pocket jeans and dress pants. It's fine no dirt what so ever. It was also one of my main concerns as this is my first white device. The Glassweave back in my opinion attracts more dust and dirt at least it does on my Z30. You won't regret getting the white.

Posted Via my ? Q10 ?
    06-13-14 09:44 AM
    I see a white phone
    And I want to paint it black.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    06-13-14 12:19 PM
    All right. Thank you all for answering my questions ! It's been very helpful

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 05:18 PM
    I have both a black q10 and white q10 since USA launch date, I have one, my girlfriend has the other, we both carry then in a leather pouch and leave it out all the time, they have been dropped 3-5 times each.

Wear and tear on them is pretty much the exact same.
    The glassweeve of the black is cool, but the outter layer can chip over time (its happened on mine in multiple spots, but no biggie to me)
    The white can "bruise" / scratch with a drop, the dimples in the material can sometimes, in more used spots collect grime, but it can be cleaned easily.

Its all an even trade off in my eyes. The biggest difference I notice is that the white Q10 feels more slippery. Not sure if thats perception or reality, but it really does seem pretty slippery to be honest.
    06-13-14 05:54 PM
    I'm very careful with my phones and I guess I'll have to be extra careful with this one. I'll use a back case and hope for the best.
    I just received the phone and it looks beautiful !

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-14-14 05:28 AM
    It doesn't get dirty due to what they made it out of, however its a different material than than the black, if I could do it over i'd have got the black due to the material.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:38 AM
    Mine is white as it was when I got it last fall. I use an otterbox defender in the summer months, but keypad has stayed dirt free- and I work with horses/at farms.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 01:32 PM
    It doesn't get dirty due to what they made it out of, however its a different material than than the black, if I could do it over i'd have got the black due to the material.

Posted via CB10
    You should look into getting the black battery door as well as the top part, parts can't be that expensive. Would be a cool look to the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 07:24 PM
    Hmm, yeah that would be awesome!!! Its $15 at amazon, think I just might give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 03:20 PM
    Hmm, yeah that would be awesome!!! Its $15 at amazon, think I just might give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    You WILL need a tool to remove the top part, I think it's a t-2 screw, I can double check though.

If you don't have the tool, i'd say just walk up to one of those cell phone kiosks at a mall and they'll do it 2 seconds for a few bucks.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 07:05 PM
30 12