June 12, 2014
    BlackBerry Expands Commitment to Mobile Payments Management Services
    Company Announces Three-Year Agreement with EnStream to Support Secure Financial Transactions

This is a wonderful news. BlackBerry is in the position to provide the only secure network for mobile payments cutting a profit from each secure transaction.

BBM money can be the next step in this direction to securely exchange funds between users.

Looking forward to it...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:27 AM
    I think it was more NFC payments

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:29 AM
    I think it was more NFC payments

Posted via CB10
    It is.. but the agreement with the major Canadian financial institutions is extremely important. Right now the payments can be done via NFC and the transaction is between the Bank and Carrier and the shop where you "tap" your phone.
    They need to move this forward and being able to offer also a method of payment between persons (BBM Money). That would put BlackBerry in a totally new position, the one that Chen is looking for.. providing services mainly (and making profit from it).

This is in my opinion the key part in the press release: ?EnStream, with BlackBerry,�is already serving a number of banks and mobile operators,�and is becoming a hub for payment credential delivery to smartphones in Canada,? said Almis Ledas, Chief Operating Officer, Enstream LP. ?We expect most major Canadian banks and mobile operators to connect through this platform to meet consumer demand for efficient and safe digital transactions.?

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 likes this.
    06-12-14 07:47 AM
    It would be interesting to see if this actually happens. With the small market share that BBM has I'd very someone surprised.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-12-14 07:57 AM
    Forget these intermittent occasional agreements. Ideally this is an area BBRY should have been all over like spilled paint a year ago given that their strong selling point was security.

Furthermore, Nokia had huge presence in the developing nations with their support of micro payments. Even now the push by Apple and Google really is more toward more affluent countries. With BBRY strongholds, so much as they are, in countries not under the focus of those two, BBRY could have made a determined push to quickly establish the foundation there as well.

Unfortunately it does take a lot of resources to do this and planning new ventures with some risk just isn't their strong area. Nor is seeing where things are heading. Which is too bad as this is an area they could have led in.
    06-12-14 09:38 AM
    In a coupke of years like their other ideas. Us BlackBerry users are the most patient people apparently

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:58 AM
    Did everyone forget how BB mentioned that the recent BBM update to iOS and Android would come a couple weeks later for BB10 users.... because there would be something special for BB users added to it?! Could this have something to do with it? I'm hopeful!
    06-12-14 02:26 PM
    Did everyone forget how BB mentioned that the recent BBM update to iOS and Android would come a couple weeks later for BB10 users.... because there would be something special for BB users added to it?! Could this have something to do with it? I'm hopeful!
    I very much doubt that the update will have anything to do with this.

06-12-14 04:54 PM
    I doubt it..

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 03:56 PM
    I doubt it..

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I doubt it too. The something special is probably something along the lines of special emoticons or sticker packs.

06-13-14 06:54 PM
    Hopefully cardholder and bbm money get released soon

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:57 AM
    The sole BlackBerry 10 developer at BlackBerry is currently on stress leave, I mean vacation, so the newest BBM updates will be delayed for BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones. The largest contingent within BlackBerry is the Google Android and Apple iOS development team. Just look at the job advertisements during the past three years.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-18-14 03:49 AM
    The sole BlackBerry 10 developer at BlackBerry is currently on stress leave, I mean vacation, so the newest BBM updates will be delayed for BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones. The largest contingent within BlackBerry is the Google Android and Apple iOS development team. Just look at the job advertisements during the past three years.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    Sole developer?
    06-18-14 06:04 AM