There is any logical reason for that? Why Z3 wasn't yet launched in other markets such as India, Africa, Latin America? Even in Europe and North America such device at 130 Euros would be a huge success. What is BlackBerry waiting for? Another shot in the feet?

Posted via CB10
    kartikeyarathi8 likes this.
    06-12-14 05:34 AM
    Nope, if you look at the market, Indonesia has the most number of BlackBerry customers and are a nation that is crazy about bbm

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 05:39 AM
    Even in Europe and North America such device at 130 Euros would be a huge success. What is BlackBerry waiting for? Another shot in the feet?

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion, Anything that BlackBerry launches to the public in North America will be shot down in flames by North American reviewers and crippled by the service providers. No matter how good the product is. No matter how cheap the product is. Recent history supports this. The reasons have been discussed a lot in the forums. Chen's launch of an excellent product (Z3) at a good price, outside of North America is good sense for BlackBerry. People outside of North America are willing to see the product for its good points. I hope BlackBerry gets itself a long list of successes outside of North America and establishes itself and its credibility there. BlackBerry is a Canadian company that sells its products to the world. They need to put the U.S. on hold for a while. Trying to sell products to the public in the U.S. will only bring bad publicity to BlackBerry.
    06-12-14 05:52 AM
    These were not my points, my points are: why is the Z3 out of stock in Indonesia and not placed new stock (if momentum goes by than it will be too late) and when Z3 will be launched in India, Africa and Latin America? I believe it may succeed as well in Europe although is not 4G but Nokia 630 is not as well but was launched in Europe. These were my queries.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:58 AM
    Maybe because foxcon is controlling inventory and doesn't want to bet burned with fire sale inventory.
    JeepBB, app_Developer and q649 like this.
    06-12-14 08:02 AM
    Maybe you are right.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 08:06 AM
    I'm waiting for it to be launched here in Malaysia. I heard it is coming in July & it has already been approved by the Malaysian standards board last month.

Hope to see it soon.

Posted via CB10
    nightridah and THBW like this.
    06-12-14 10:15 AM
    Any word on the UK version? Family members looking to upgrade

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:59 AM
    Sadly Foxconn is looking out for its own interests not BBs. They must be busy allocating factory lines to other orders rather than Z3s cause the rollout in Indonesia is a comedy of errors. Imagine if Samsung with the S5 or Apple with the Iphone 6 only ordered made what they could sell in day in one country and then had people wait 3-4 weeks for a restock and then delayed rollouts to other countries because of this, losing sales to competitors.
    gokulesh and JeepBB like this.
    06-12-14 11:06 AM
    I think this is planned, It's the last opportunity to liquidate the z10 inventory.
    06-12-14 11:27 AM
    In my opinion, Anything that BlackBerry launches to the public in North America will be shot down in flames by North American reviewers and crippled by the service providers. No matter how good the product is. No matter how cheap the product is. Recent history supports this. The reasons have been discussed a lot in the forums. Chen's launch of an excellent product (Z3) at a good price, outside of North America is good sense for BlackBerry. People outside of North America are willing to see the product for its good points. I hope BlackBerry gets itself a long list of successes outside of North America and establishes itself and its credibility there. BlackBerry is a Canadian company that sells its products to the world. They need to put the U.S. on hold for a while. Trying to sell products to the public in the U.S. will only bring bad publicity to BlackBerry.
    It seems that Blackberry has been Blackballed by the US media, especially inregard to TV. CNN, etc.
    06-12-14 11:55 AM
    It seems that Blackberry has been Blackballed by the US media, especially inregard to TV. CNN, etc.
    People need to stop blaming the media for BlackBerry's problems.
    q649, Henraay0623, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    06-12-14 12:35 PM
    Sadly Foxconn is looking out for its own interests not BBs. They must be busy allocating factory lines to other orders rather than Z3s cause the rollout in Indonesia is a comedy of errors. Imagine if Samsung with the S5 or Apple with the Iphone 6 only ordered made what they could sell in day in one country and then had people wait 3-4 weeks for a restock and then delayed rollouts to other countries because of this, losing sales to competitors.
    Though, to be fair, Foxconn putting its own interests first is simply commercial common sense.

If I were Foxconn, and responsible for inventory control and shouldering any losses that would come from overestimating Z3 demand and being stuck with unsold handsets, I'd set my initial production low too. And, if BB tried to persuade me to make many more Z3�s in that initial run by citing their estimates of BB10 pent-up demand... I'd think "uh-hu, your estimating skills with the Z10 cost BB a billion bucks!" ... and I'd go with my original low-ball production run.

I'm sure Foxconn have fulfilled their contractual commitment to BB, whatever that number was (25k IMO), and have now turned the lines back to producing iPhones or whatever makes them a steady, guaranteed income. Those lines can't be rapidly re-tooled for Z3 production which will in any event have to join the queue for production slots as Foxconn won't want to annoy their other clients by bumping them from the production lines. I think that's the explanation for the restocking delays.

P.S. I still have yet to see a photo of a non-Jakarta Z3. Without it, nothing will convince me that there are more than 25,000 Z3�s out there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-14 02:02 PM
    If I were Foxconn, and responsible for inventory control and shouldering any losses that would come from overestimating Z3 demand and being stuck with unsold handsets, I'd set my initial production low too. And, if BB tried to persuade me to make many more Z3’s in that initial run by citing their estimates of BB10 pent-up demand... I'd think "uh-hu, your estimating skills with the Z10 cost BB a billion bucks!" ... and I'd go with my original low-ball production run.
    But that would be bad negotiating by BB. Why not guarantee the Foxconn portion of the income of say the first 200K of Z3 handsets. The risk would be low for BB as surely the rollouts of the other planned countries of the Z3 would sell thru that much even if Z3 were not a success and you'd have enough stock in Indonesia for the initial hype demand.
    06-12-14 02:08 PM
    But that would be bad negotiating by BB. Why not guarantee the Foxconn portion of the income of say the first 200K of Z3 handsets. The risk would be low for BB as surely the rollouts of the other planned countries of the Z3 would sell thru that much even if Z3 were not a success and you'd have enough stock in Indonesia for the initial hype demand.
    Meh, I doubt BB was negotiating from a position of strength, as Chen made it very clear that the inventory risk was ALL Foxconn's. Given the way the Z10 inventory writedowns cost BB big-time, I'm sure Chen was never going to put BB on the hook as a guarantor of anything, still less a (guesstimated at $150x200,000 handset) $30 million hook... would you?

BB10 hasn't been a commercial success (yes, I know, masterly understatement ). So I doubt Foxconn considered the possibility of being stuck with unsold inventory if the Z3 didn't sell as low risk, or thought it was wise to take a gamble on being able to recoup unsold inventory in other countries if the Indonesian rollout went wrong.

Which is why I believe they only made 25,000 Z3�s.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 06-12-14 at 02:48 PM.
    06-12-14 02:34 PM
    Meh, I doubt BB was negotiating from a position of strength, as Chen made it very clear that the inventory risk was ALL Foxconn's. Given the way the Z10 inventory writedowns cost BB big-time, I'm sure Chen was never going to put BB on the hook as a guarantor of anything, still less a (guesstimated at $150x200,000 handset) $30 million hook... would you?

BB10 hasn't been a commercial success (yes, I know, masterly understatement ). So I doubt Foxconn considered the possibility of being stuck with unsold inventory if the Z3 didn't sell as low risk, or thought it was wise to take a gamble on being able to recoup unsold inventory in other countries if the Indonesian rollout went wrong.

Which is why I believe they only made 25,000 Z3’s.
    A device guaranty of X unit profit is something a weak position would offer. Foxconn would take that in an instant. Make your first run up to the guaranty and count the cash. If BB can't sell 200k Z3 this summer then its time to fold up shop.
    06-12-14 03:07 PM
    Just a horrendous launch of the Z3. We'll know next week what sales have been like in Indonesia (my guess is nothing overly impressive) but to leave out the rest of the world, have limited inventory even in Indonesia and to not have a low cost LTE version for North America and Europe is just inexcusable.
    06-12-14 10:47 PM
    Just a horrendous launch of the Z3. We'll know next week what sales have been like in Indonesia (my guess is nothing overly impressive) but to leave out the rest of the world, have limited inventory even in Indonesia and to not have a low cost LTE version for North America and Europe is just inexcusable.
    Baby steps.
    Banco and modbro like this.
    06-13-14 12:41 AM
    If for the sake of argument let's say that what people are saying here is true then BlackBerry as a company has failed to deliver and thus missed an opportunity that could damage further the company's position / renomm�.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 01:06 AM
    If for the sake of argument let's say that what people are saying here is true then BlackBerry as a company has failed to deliver and thus missed an opportunity that could damage further the company's position
    There's no missed opportunity when Foxconn is handling the inventory risk.
    modbro likes this.
    06-13-14 01:15 AM
    I do not agree, 25k units is to low for BlackBerry as well as for Foxconn. Both companies have entered an agreement based on cooperation and mutual benefits. Thus it is in Foxconn's interests to make sure that the Z3 succeeds.

According to Chen BlackBerry is hoping to sell approximately 1M units in the 2014 period. Thus they need to deliver approximately 125k units pr mnd to meet there set goals. Based on unit price and set production goals BlackBerry and Foxconn might have chosen a solution based on low volume low cost production and sales methods showing that there expectations for market penetration have been set low.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 06:27 AM
    Which is why I believe they only made 25,000 Z3’s.
    Do you realize that believing and guessing are two totally different things?
    06-13-14 06:34 AM
    Do you realize that believing and guessing are two totally different things?

Actually, I do.

Which is why I stated my case and the conclusion that yields.

I believe that no more than 25,000 Z3's have been sold. I guess that you disagree?
    06-13-14 07:03 AM
    I do not agree, 25k units is to low for BlackBerry as well as for Foxconn. Both companies have entered an agreement based on cooperation and mutual benefits. Thus it is in Foxconn's interests to make sure that the Z3 succeeds.
    It's in Foxconn's best interests to make sure they don't over produce. It's better to make a limited edition run of 25000 and sell out than a run of 100000 and have it flop.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-13-14 07:59 AM
    Though, to be fair, Foxconn putting its own interests first is simply commercial common sense.

If I were Foxconn, and responsible for inventory control and shouldering any losses that would come from overestimating Z3 demand and being stuck with unsold handsets, I'd set my initial production low too. And, if BB tried to persuade me to make many more Z3’s in that initial run by citing their estimates of BB10 pent-up demand... I'd think "uh-hu, your estimating skills with the Z10 cost BB a billion bucks!" ... and I'd go with my original low-ball production run.

I'm sure Foxconn have fulfilled their contractual commitment to BB, whatever that number was (25k IMO), and have now turned the lines back to producing iPhones or whatever makes them a steady, guaranteed income. Those lines can't be rapidly re-tooled for Z3 production which will in any event have to join the queue for production slots as Foxconn won't want to annoy their other clients by bumping them from the production lines. I think that's the explanation for the restocking delays.

P.S. I still have yet to see a photo of a non-Jakarta Z3. Without it, nothing will convince me that there are more than 25,000 Z3’s out there.
    jfyi - foxcomm and BB are into profit sharing agreement for z3, q20 etc devices
    06-13-14 08:59 AM
39 12