So my Z10 got super hot when I left the hotspot on unintentionally.
    Well, it must of shut off as it was dead when I pulled it out of my purse.
    Now I can't get it back on no matter what I've tried.
    I've left it off for a while, Tried all 4 of my batteries, tried connecting it to my computer via multiple ports and cords...

Honestly it went through quite a bit of a lot when my guy was using it.
    He's pretty rough on his phones usually (We are talking full on tossing).
    I should really say I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did...

The red LED doesn't even come on and there is zero response. It smells a bit fried. I think it's done but...

I have to try to bring it back anyways, It's my first BB10 phone.... Any suggestions?
    06-11-14 06:50 PM
    If it smells fried then chances are it is. Burnt out electronics have a distinct smell to them. If you get no response using any of the batteries and they are charged then sounds like it has seen it's last days.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 07:02 PM
    Darn... Yeah...

If it never comes back, I'll be so sad. I'm having a drunken vigil for it right now.

Sent from my another C using Tapatalk.
    06-11-14 08:30 PM
    They're only $200 new. Get another :-D

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 08:35 PM
    If you are sure those batteries had a charge. Otherwise, sometimes a fully depleted battery or z10 will show no signs for life when initially put on a charger and it can take a half hour or more. So plug it in with one of those other batteries and leave it for an hour. And enjoy the spirits safely - don't want you to end up like your z10.
    06-11-14 08:39 PM
    How did you get it? If you got it from your carrier, they should replace it for you.

Or contact BlackBerry and it might be under the manufacturer's warranty.

I know that once my PlayBook was out of the one year warranty, BlackBerry continued to repair it afterwards. They're pretty good to their customers.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 10:13 PM
    Try the sequence in this thread (without the prying open obviously)

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=937968

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 12:18 AM
    It's summer plus active hot spot + data & isolation in the purse =barbecue for the device .if it smells toast it maybe toasted but if I were you I would try taking the Z10 to the nearest service centre and have them look at it and see if the device can be operated once again.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-14 12:26 AM
    It's summer plus active hot spot + data & isolation in the purse =barbecue for the device .if it smells toast it maybe toasted but if I were you I would try taking the Z10 to the nearest service centre and have them look at it and see if the device can be operated once again.

Posted via CB10
    I would agree. And even suggest that toasting a device, even with hyper-use should not toast the device. Rather is should shut itself down more gracefully or better control its functions so it does not reach such high temps. It might be a warranty issue.
    06-12-14 07:44 AM
    Update: Got it back on but it won't make or receive calls. No texts either. Keeps saying no radio available.

Hmm. I'll keep trying to see if I can restore or do an autoloader.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-12-14 09:51 AM
    I would agree. And even suggest that toasting a device, even with hyper-use should not toast the device. Rather is should shut itself down more gracefully or better control its functions so it does not reach such high temps. It might be a warranty issue.
    Yeah. This. The device should shut itself off. Contact BB or the carrier to replace.
    06-12-14 09:53 AM