Hi people,

Sorry if that's in the wrongly posted, but I'm a developer and was looking for a project on the side. Always loved blackberry, recently switched to blackberry 10 and loving it. Was thinking of doing an native app port of an app to see what developping for blackberry 10 was about.

As I have everything I need on my bb I not really inspired on what to develop so I'm asking you guys : Which application from Android / Ios would you like to see ported as a native app on bb10 ?

Cheers!
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-11-14 02:16 AM
    Nothing on top of my head, but will get back to you

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 02:28 AM
    Maybe Call/ Answert a phonecall with the letter A and end a phonecall with delete key?
    Or everything with the spacebar?

Posted via Q10Bold
    SplasHberry likes this.
    06-11-14 02:45 AM
    Okay I don't know if Apple or Android have this... but as a dev, do you think you could create some sort of music app that has animated visualisations(like itunes on mac laptops or windows media player)? all native, please. And that the visualisations can be used as a lock screen somewhat?

So that when the user locks the phone, the phone stays locked but the visualisation can be visible.

I don't know if its possible but I'm just curious as it is something I've been meaning to see on touch screen phones for a long while.

Sorry if it sounds demanding.
    SplasHberry and Nemzy like this.
    06-11-14 03:42 AM
    Uc browser for Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175....not uc mini

@dazlr
    SplasHberry likes this.
    06-11-14 03:46 AM
    Okay I don't know if Apple or Android have this... but as a dev, do you think you could create some sort of music app that has animated visualisations(like itunes on mac laptops or windows media player)? all native, please. And that the visualisations can be used as a lock screen somewhat?

So that when the user locks the phone, the phone stays locked but the visualisation can be visible.

I don't know if its possible but I'm just curious as it is something I've been meaning to see on touch screen phones for a long while.

This exists. It's called Musalizer: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/53300031

Altough I can't really recommend buying it. Last time I checked, it drained my battery really badly and crashed a lot.

There are loads of voices wishing for an alternative to the default music player though. This is definitely a chance for the OP to step in

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:02 AM
    A native app for Vimeo will be awesome
    SplasHberry likes this.
    06-11-14 04:07 AM
    Easilydo app that is present in android and iPhone.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    SplasHberry likes this.
    06-11-14 04:55 AM
    Also what apps you have developed till now for android

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-11-14 04:56 AM
    Wow thanks, i didn't thought i would got so many answers so fast.

Soooo from your suggestions :

-Maybe Call/ Answert a phonecall with the letter A and end a phonecall with delete key? Or everything with the spacebar?

I know in the old bb devices (6/7) you could customize the phonecall screen from an app. I'm gonna look to see if they kept this kind of features and how customisable it is. I know the 10.3 sdk offers a lot of new keyshortcuts related features, maybe it'll come with that.

-Music vizualisation :

Sounds like fun, could be useful with the screen sharing function. I don't see how that's not gonna be a huge battery drag though, visual effects are huge on CPU/graphic power, but if you're charging your phone, should be no problem. I don't know if/how you can get something over the lock screen, but I guess the easy way would be to design it as a game and have it not lock your screen. I mean, do you really need it locked if listening to music while looking at some beautiful effects ?

-Viadeo :

They seem to have a huge well documented API, might start with that, see if I can get somekind of a LinkedIn app.

-UC Browser

Doesn't seem to be open source, I'll contact them to see if they have anything open that I could use.

Edit:
    As for my background as a developper, I used to be a teacher in computer science (software dev, obv.) wrote two books, and I'm now getting back to the technical, hands-on kind of development in a small startup. I'm specialized in Microsoft technologies (currently developing windows phone apps, but nothing public i can show you, sorry)

Cheers !
    Last edited by SplasHberry; 06-11-14 at 05:07 AM. Reason: dev background precisions
    06-11-14 05:03 AM
    Music player on the lockscreen?
    If i adjust the volume when music is being played, I get songs name, Some shortcut keys for few seconds on the lockscreen.
    I would love to have those permanently (till the time music is being played).
    06-11-14 05:08 AM
    I would love to see a native telegram client, nicely integrated in the hub and headless.
    I know someone was working on it but it seems to be abandoned, no news for month.

Telegram API is opensource too and the devs have no problems with user ports.

Posted via CB10
    SplasHberry likes this.
    06-11-14 05:12 AM
    This exists. It's called Musalizer: Musalizer - BlackBerry World

Altough I can't really recommend buying it. Last time I checked, it drained my battery really badly and crashed a lot.

There are loads of voices wishing for an alternative to the default music player though. This is definitely a chance for the OP to step in

Posted via CB10
    I just checked that app and it's similar to what I'm saying but not fully so. That aside, the app looks badly done tbh... I want to test it out but I don't want to spend money on something that might end up being hated.

I want a whole screen visualiser, not a part screen with buttons and tabs at the edges. And the visualisers that would be best would be something soft, smooth and subtle, keeping in line with the BB10 theme.
    06-11-14 05:18 AM
    Spotify please!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 05:33 AM
    For me this is easy and should have been done by BB during the OS7 rein, Use NFC for payments, either by credit card or Paypal. The hardware has been there for sometime, just need apps to make it work. One of the biggest reasons iOS and android are so successful are they make it easy, not having to put down your phone and reach for your wallet to pay for something would be hugely popular. Just don't know if it can be done without a special SIM card, I know Tmobile has one in US and RCB in Canada, but not sure who else. Good luck
    singhvikas101, MrGabriel and Loc22 like this.
    06-11-14 05:59 AM

That may be a good idea, I was with a friend the other day and he was using his Z10 and was looking for an app to play music with an equalizer. He couldn't find it so he went for an Android app and it didn't really work very well for him.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    06-11-14 07:07 AM
    I personally want to have an app that would convert web pages in a secured website so that I can save images or file these information for my work.

I am also looking to see if it is possible to have more talking smileys and stickers that I can either have them integrated into BBM, WhatsApp and Facebook at the same time. That means I can just stick it there from the app directly without the need to copy and paste it into individual apps.

I would also like to have an app that I can download video's from the browser like youtube or other websites as well. I don't mind paying for it as long as I can try it out first for free to determine if this is exactly what I want.

I also want to have an app that I can link my Blackberry Z10 to my computer so that I can control my phone remotely or vice-versa.
    FireChestApps and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-11-14 07:14 AM
    For me this is easy and should have been done by BB during the OS7 rein, Use NFC for payments, either by credit card or Paypal. The hardware has been there for sometime, just need apps to make it work. One of the biggest reasons iOS and android are so successful are they make it easy, not having to put down your phone and reach for your wallet to pay for something would be hugely popular. Just don't know if it can be done without a special SIM card, I know Tmobile has one in US and RCB in Canada, but not sure who else. Good luck
    I'm hoping that they do this here too in Malaysia and I may still have the contact for the person who can help to link up Blackberry to the only stored value payment card in the country. Then we will be able to travel by trains, buses, and pay for food, parking and movie tickets without having to take out our wallets.
    06-11-14 07:16 AM
    A email to fax native app

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 07:18 AM
    I would love to have an Outlook Web Access app with calendar and contact integration to the native calendar and contacts apps so I can have access to my work email etc. Right now I am using Mobimail, an Android app.
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    06-11-14 07:33 AM
    I would love to have an Outlook Web Access app with calendar and contact integration to the native calendar and contacts apps so I can have access to my work email etc. Right now I am using Mobimail, an Android app.
    Hhmmm strage... you mean your Blackberry cannot sync with your computer's outlook or Outlook 365? I thought it is possible. My calendar on my Z10 works just like outlook but I'm not using Outlook 365 as it is too expensive.
    06-11-14 07:57 AM
    Funny, my work right now is this kind of app but for a specific company, for windows phone. Might take me 5 minutes to make a blackberry app of it. I'll give it a go.

Anyway thank you for your suggestions, there's great ideas and for more than one developper Hopefully this thread can inspire others too
    FireChestApps and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-11-14 07:57 AM
    A calculator that shows a tape of previous calculations. Like a printed tape of a physical calculator. Like the Playbook calculator. Now there should be a place on the tape to add notes alongside the calculations, with the ability to print the tape at any time. That's what I want.
    06-11-14 08:41 AM
    How big of a project are you looking for? Do ypu have experience with qml?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 08:42 AM
    Hi people,

Sorry if that's in the wrongly posted, but I'm a developer and was looking for a project on the side. Always loved blackberry, recently switched to blackberry 10 and loving it. Was thinking of doing an native app port of an app to see what developping for blackberry 10 was about.

As I have everything I need on my bb I not really inspired on what to develop so I'm asking you guys : Which application from Android / Ios would you like to see ported as a native app on bb10 ?

Cheers!
    Hi SplasHberry,

I saw that you are in process of developing something for Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 platform. I have just shifted from WP8 to BlackBerry 10. Have got nothing to complain in WP8, just that it's still growing and I wanted more fluidity in my phone which sadly, WP8 hasn't reached yet (Lumia 720). I'm a MS fan and love their services.

To get on the point, I wish there was a OneNote App on BlackBerry. I really am into using OneNote on Windows 8.1 PC and would love the always in-sync notes!

Cheers!
    06-11-14 08:52 AM
67 123