Bought a used Z30 that need to be a new device, replacement for another troubled Z30.

The problem are:

- It can't unlock any SIM. I tried with two different operators, same result. If I push the SIM really inside it recognize it but after 30sec got an error.
    - Thinking about a sw error I tried to update it using Sachesi but after downloading the update and starting the update process it never works, got always the same error, here the screenshot Problems with used Z30-capture.png
    - Also using BB Link got another error: Device Setup Incomplete, but really can't understand what setup it's needed, apart the SIM all the other services are configured

I tried to check the IMEI just in case the device is blocked but can't find any result.

Suggestions?
    06-10-14 11:19 AM
    Dumb question, I know, but did you push the sim in far enough to make it click into place? The slot is spring loaded. Also, are you sure it's a good sim? They do go bad sometimes.

Also, for loading the software, Link won't work until you run through the setup screens on the device and sign in to a BBID. You should be able to use link to reload the software though. Also, you could try an autoloader instead of Sachesi. When I ran the autoloader for that OS version on my Z30, it wouldn't connect unless I powered down the phone, then everything went smoothly.

Hope some or any of this helps.
    06-10-14 11:33 AM
    Dumb question, I know, but did you push the sim in far enough to make it click into place? The slot is spring loaded. Also, are you sure it's a good sim? They do go bad sometimes.

Also, for loading the software, Link won't work until you run through the setup screens on the device and sign in to a BBID. You should be able to use link to reload the software though. Also, you could try an autoloader instead of Sachesi. When I ran the autoloader for that OS version on my Z30, it wouldn't connect unless I powered down the phone, then everything went smoothly.

Hope some or any of this helps.
    Yes both the SIM I tested are good since are used on other smartphone without any problem. I push it since the click, but strange is it work for 30 sec only when I push it till the end of the sping and keep it pushed at this end.

Also for update I already created a BBID. I really can't understand, hope only the hardware it's not bugged.
    Last edited by davide445; 06-10-14 at 12:15 PM.
    06-10-14 11:39 AM
    I tried also to do an full reset of the system: no result, the SIM it's always not recognized.
    06-10-14 01:46 PM
    Just to give a close : I discovered the device was blocked from the operator where the former owner bought it.

I'm in touch with the guy that sold it to me to resolve this problem and have the wonderful Z30 back usable.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 02:41 AM
    Just to give a close : I discovered the device was blocked from the operator where the former owner bought it.

I'm in touch with the guy that sold it to me to resolve this problem and have the wonderful Z30 back usable.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you found the root cause.

Just be careful, there's a chance the device is blocked because it's stolen. :/

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:03 AM
    Glad you found the root cause.

Just be careful, there's a chance the device is blocked because it's stolen. :/

Posted via CB10
    Already checked the IMEI doesn't appear to be stolen.
    The past owner it's also doing all the work with the operator to reactivate it, difficult work if the phone was stolen.
    I'm feeling better....but waiting for the conclusion of this new and unhappy experience.
    06-11-14 11:52 AM
    Hope it's a good outcome for you update us let us know how you get on.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 01:25 PM
    Good to know you finally got to the toot if the issue to resolving it.
    That's some good security going on there.

White Z30 - The Best BlackBerry Experience
    06-11-14 01:30 PM