I have enjoyed this app for over a year without any issues until now. Last week, I opened it to plan a route. I had it mapped out, but didn't want to go on the highway. So I turned highways off. No problems. Since I wasn't going to immediately use it, I closed Maps. When I opened it again, I selected the previous destination. This time, it had me going on the highway even though the option was still selected as off. I have tried typing in the address manually, toggling the highway option off then on again, restarting my phone, etc but I am still having the same issue. Any way to solve this?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 03:27 PM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    06-09-14 04:32 PM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    As I said above, I tried a restart (specifically that method).

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 07:55 PM
    Same here. It won't use highways any more. Big time annoying!!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:07 AM
    I was heading to a wedding last weekend and was running late, following my BlackBerry maps it took me right to a ferry dock to wait for a ferry to drive onto then across, I was fuming. Ferry option is turned OFF in the settings. Left maps on and drove around all the way to the bridge, while maps was 're-routing' me urging me to go back to the ferry dock even though i was eventually closer to the destination then turning back. Also girlfriend has had plenty of troubles with maps but only just recently, hope it's resolved with 10.3

Visit The CFC Cartel
    08-10-14 01:15 AM
    For those of you saying you have the option (highways, ferries, etc) turned OFF, did you notice that it's the "Avoid" option that you have turned off? So, if you have ferries set to off, you are telling BBMaps to not avoid ferries. This is clearly a confusing approach to this setting, and it was one I discovered when I had highways set to ON, but the Maps app kept trying to make me take every single exit I came to. It would make more sense if the switches were "Avoid" and "Allow," but that's just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    MaxFresh likes this.
    08-11-14 08:47 PM
    For those of you saying you have the option (highways, ferries, etc) turned OFF, did you notice that it's the "Avoid" option that you have turned off? So, if you have ferries set to off, you are telling BBMaps to not avoid ferries. This is clearly a confusing approach to this setting, and it was one I discovered when I had highways set to ON, but the Maps app kept trying to make me take every single exit I came to. It would make more sense if the switches were "Avoid" and "Allow," but that's just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Mate

Visit The CFC Cartel
    08-11-14 09:42 PM