hi there.
    i am wondering if anyone knows whats going on with the BB's as far as email types (IMAP or POP) that BB's support? i have had POP email for years and love the instant speed of it. A few weeks ago, i thought i was having email issues on my BB so i deleted my email address (Godaddy is the provider) and reinserted it. i noticed that the BB settings on the 9900 no longer gives you the option of using POP but rather goes straight to IMAP and you cannot change it. i have contacted Godaddy 3-4 times, they say there is something wrong with the phone or my service provider. my service provider blames it on Godaddy. its a losing hopeless battle between these two. actually it is an absolute joke that no one knows what is going on with this so i am reaching out to see if anyone else has recently been having the same issue. i get emails on my PC literally instant but on my BB it can be up to 15-20 minutes. My BB was always faster than my PC until a few weeks ago. i tried wiping and reinstalling software as well as tried switching BB 9900 to my spare.
    IMAP is not an option. it is slow and i hate the fact that everything thing i send and receive on my BB, shows up on my PC as well. it does not work for me. does anyone have any ideas of what i can do here? the quick secure email on my BB was one of the last things keeping me from switching to an Android. this is no longer the case. i have a gut feeling that BB itself has changed something internally and they are not telling anyone. very frustrating!
    ideas anyone??
    06-09-14 10:37 AM
    Can't you find an email other than GoDaddy, and forward your GoDaddy to that account?
    06-09-14 10:49 AM
    I have had a similar issue. I use godaddy imap and till within the past month...have always used imap..started having delays with my emails. It use to be instant and now it can take up to 15-20 minutes. I have not found a solution yet either. I am also frustrated on the delays.
    06-11-14 09:16 AM