This came in today's Kompas, Indonesian local newspaper, seems like the interview just been released long after the BlackBerry CEO visited Jakarta on the launch day of Z3. I want to share it with you guys, here are some of the excerpts from the short printed interview:

• On his visit to Jakarta: "This is the first time I come to Jakarta to approach our loyal customers in Indonesia."
    • On why the Z3 got a special edition called Jakarta: "The name is used by BlackBerry because Jakarta and Indonesia are one of the largest places with BlackBerry users."
    • On what so special from this BlackBerry Jakarta: "The Z3 Jakarta edition is only released 25,000 units in Indonesia. This limited Z3 edition is designed and equipped with the same components that the normal one has, it's just there's a 'Jakarta' label written on the back."
    • On will BlackBerry invest more in Indonesia: "I'm not saying we're not going to invest in Indonesia, it's just too early to talk about this now."
    • On is there a specific target for the Z3 sales in Indonesia: "Honestly we don't set a certain sales target in Indonesia because almost every new branded smartphones are being launched here, Indonesia is picked as the first place to launch the Z3, we did the same thing before and planning to launch it at least in six different countries."
    • On who is the biggest competitor for BlackBerry: "Our biggest competitor is definitely Samsung from South Korea. I don't think we're directly competing with smartphones from China, even though there are many China's smartphones being sold here and every where around the globe. But I'm very optimistic with the sales in Indonesia, because although the whole sales is slow but it's still high."
    • On the right price to penetrate the market: "I think the price of this BlackBerry is already affordable enough for the customers we targetted which is the middle up class."

* the title of the article reads: "An attempt to approach loyal customers."

It's great to see BlackBerry's own CEO to came here, it shows that John Chen got the passion needed to reboot BlackBerry and get it on the right track.

Hope you guys forgive me if there's any wrong spelling or grammar error, just let me know and I'll correct it as fast as I can.
    06-09-14 08:12 AM
    Kami harap spesifikasi z10 dengan kapasitas baterai yang lebih lama adalah yang sangat kami harapkan. Z30 terlalu besar untuk digenggam, bahkan mungkin Z3 juga masih kurang nyaman digenggam. Saya kira Z12 atau Z15 atau Z10x sebagai upgrade Z10 di sisi kapasitas baterai dan prosesor akan sangat sempurna.
    06-09-14 08:23 AM
    Kami harap spesifikasi z10 dengan kapasitas baterai yang lebih lama adalah yang sangat kami harapkan. Z30 terlalu besar untuk digenggam, bahkan mungkin Z3 juga masih kurang nyaman digenggam. Saya kira Z12 atau Z15 atau Z10x sebagai upgrade Z10 di sisi kapasitas baterai dan prosesor akan sangat sempurna.
    Berdoalah agar segala kesulitan ini dapat diatasi. Your friend from MALAYSIA.

White z10 user.
    06-15-14 12:45 PM