So I have this teammate, very good friend of mine actually, who has a phone repair shop and I often visit him.

Last year when Z10 was released he had an iPhone 5 and we did some browser VSs as you would imagine Z10 blew the iPhone out of the park.

Recently he went ahead and got himself an iPhone 5s and today I was at his store just to visit. He put his phone on the table in front me and very confidently said do that VSs again now that I have 5s.

I knew my Zeds capability so the challenge was on.

First we went to some heavy sites and boom Z10 finished loading and was waiting for its opponent to catch up. After that, css and html5 score tests and as expected Z10 scored best.

What happened next made me feel bad.

He took his phone looked me in the eyes, dropped his gaze, head down and said "even 5s?"

Instead making him feel better I told him my phone was released almost a year before yours and the best (10.3) is yet to come. I know I am bad..

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:33 AM
    :lol: maybe he'll come to the dark (black) side?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-08-14 12:41 AM
    I don't think so.. but I like to hope so..

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:44 AM
    Lol but sad! But the wall hugger is gonna change to BlackBerry eventually

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:44 AM
    Did you both using the same wifi or Internet connection to test?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:45 AM
    Did you both using the same wifi or Internet connection to test?

Posted via CB10
    How stupid of me to not mention that.. we were both on T-Mobile LTE.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:47 AM
    Too bad you don't see that on T-Mobile's website!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    06-08-14 01:02 AM
    It is a shame how BB10 launch was handled which has led to all this.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:05 AM
    His 5s battery probably lasts longer than yours.

All the phone power in the world cannot overcome a dead battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:56 AM
    Now that I am a proud member of BlackBerry Z10 group and used the handset extensively I can confidently say that all the bad news BlackBerry got for was all due to pathetic marketing. Apple does not having anything special to rule the smartphone segment over BB. The days are not far away when BlackBerry will regain it's lost glory. 10.2.1 update was in that direction only.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    An initially longer battery life means nothing if it's non-removable.

You can swap fresh batteries in a Z10 all day and beat the 5S in a browser speed test over and over and over again. :-)

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    06-08-14 02:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then let's compare Q10 to the iphone 5s. My battery lasts twice that of any iphone user I know and my browser destroys theirs. Done...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-08-14 02:21 AM
    Then let's compare Q10 to the iphone 5s. My battery lasts twice that of any iphone user I know and my browser destroys theirs. Done...

Let's not get off topic here. OP is talking about a z10 and nowhere did he mention he's packing an extra battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:31 AM
    Let's not get off topic here. OP is talking about a z10 and nowhere did he mention he's packing an extra battery.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I think it's a valid comparison.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:34 AM

Not everyone can live with that tiny screen. Why make such silly comparisons anyway? All platforms have their pros and cons. No need to so desperately try to justify your purchase
    06-08-14 02:34 AM
    Not everyone can live with that tiny screen. Why make such silly comparisons anyway? All platforms have their pros and cons. No need to so desperately try to justify your purchase
    Not silly, it's valid becuase it's still the BB10 platform. He's simply stating the use of his Q10. Chill.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:37 AM
    I love my my Z10 and bb10, but I hate it's short battery life. Got a power bank to solve that issue. On the other hand, the OS is nowhere near as polished as iOS, or even windows phone for that matter. But I like the gestures and browser enough to overlook these annoyances.
    06-08-14 02:38 AM
    No my battery lasts very long.. I use my phone moderate to heavy use. The secret is that I bought a 2300 Mahz battery from eBay this thing hasn't my phone die yet. With original battery by 7 PM I would have to recharge my phone with this battery when I go to bed.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:41 AM
    Not silly, it's valid becuase it's still the BB10 platform. He's simply stating the use of his Q10. Chill.

Posted via CB10
    It is, because he was trying to imply the comment he quoted with regards to battery life was irrelevant because a completely different device with far smaller screen had better battery life than the iphone in question
    06-08-14 02:41 AM
    No my battery lasts very long.. I use my phone moderate to heavy use. The secret is that I bought a 2300 Mahz battery from eBay this thing hasn't my phone die yet. With original battery by 7 PM I would have to recharge my phone with this battery when I go to bed.

Posted via CB10
    There is also a 4300mah battery available. But since it dosent come included with a Z10 purchase, it's a bit unfair to say you got an extended battery and therefore your battery lasts ages right? With my colleagues 42,000mah battery pack his iphone lasts almost 8 days lol.
    06-08-14 02:45 AM
    I won but felt sorry for the guy.-img_20140608_034459.png

I don't know if you all can see the attachment but after 12 hours of usage I had 50% left.

I don't like carrying batteries or charger. I am not a wall hugger either.

That's why I have this 2300 mah battery which is just perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:49 AM
    If you guys are really after the battery size and capacity then why don't we take into consideration the battery size of iPhone 5s vs Z10 and the screen size of iPhone vs Z10.

This thread was comparison of browser more than anything else.

I would appreciate if you guys keep it to that.

Else I will be forced to go to his store and for real compare the two phones, hardware, software, malware, ****ware, and securware. (yes I made up those words)

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:57 AM
    If you guys are really after the battery size and capacity then why don't we take into consideration the battery size of iPhone 5s vs Z10 and the screen size of iPhone vs Z10.

Else I will be forced to go to his store and for real compare the two phones, hardware, software, malware, ****ware, and securware. (yes I made up those words)

Posted via CB10
    Without a doubt the browser puts the others to shame. I'm somewhat shocked that google of all people with their almighty chrome with frequent updates and all still can't touch the BlackBerry 10 browser. It's a pretty known fact amongst the iOS community that the iOS browser priorities energy efficiency over performance, not sure how to compare that part though.
    06-08-14 03:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Something doesn't sound quite right to me here - while I love my Z10 and it is the phone I use as my daily driver I did the same tests on the same network between my 5s and my Z10 and each time the 5s was a split second faster loading the same web pages.
    06-08-14 03:05 AM
    Something doesn't sound quite right to me here - while I love my Z10 and it is the phone I use as my daily driver I did the same tests on the same network between my 5s and my Z10 and each time the 5s was a split second faster loading the same web pages.
    Which OS version were you running? I have .3175.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 03:12 AM
156 123 ...