With my older BB phones (and prior phones), I would enter his-name/her-name (her/him) as John/Mary Smith and not to be too provincial John/Steven or Mary/Alice. And then their common info like address and home phone. It did get more complex when cell phones proliferated

Many of those entries have carried over to my Z10. But I am finding it inconvenient or confusing. Is it time to give each member of the couple their due and individual entries? Of course, that means duplicating info like address and home phone or childrens' names. Does the LINK function (which sometimes drives me nuts) work for these type of situations?

How do some of you handle that?
    06-07-14 09:24 AM
    Lol. I used to be the same way. But now, some of those couples are no more... But more importantly, since everyone has multiple email adresses, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. the way I handled them had to change. A while back I took the time to split them up and it's been far easier to handle.
    FF22 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    06-07-14 09:33 AM
    I agree with Elessar.

Far easier to enter both individuals. Ok, so you have to duplicate the postal address and landline #'s, but it allows you to set up a birthday for each of them, their own cellphone, email, twitter etc...

The last couple I had in my contacts as a couple was my brother and his wife. I had both the mobile #'s in the contact and couldn't remember which # was for which one of them. I wanted to call my brother last week and ended up disturbing his wife at work. They are now listed separately in my contacts.

A few months back I was in a Telus Mobility store and this mid-50's couple was getting a new phone. They were asking Telus to set the new account up in both names, i.e., John and Mary Smith. It seems a lot of couples had things set up like this in the past. But Telus point blank refused and they ended up walking out in a huff.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-07-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks. I guess it is time to bite the bullet and preemptively "divorce" the couples in my Contacts.

In the past, I would differentiate his/her cell phones by appending a letter "b" (for Bob) or "l" (for Linda) and it worked - I guess the "nonsense" letter did not affect the dialing process. But I noticed recently that would affect the caller id.
    Ecm likes this.
    06-07-14 11:27 AM
    I do a combo thing. I have his/her surname for home address anniversary etc., sometimes email address depending on the couple. Then separate contacts that have the cell phones and birthdays, work addresses etc. that are not common items.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-14 11:43 PM
    Maybe this thread could be relocated.

Finding it useful, but because Z10 is not my daily driver, I do not venture into the Z10 section all too often.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    Ragbert likes this.
    06-09-14 01:07 AM
    I agree. I came across this interesting thread in a search but normally wouldn't have seen it.

Maybe this thread could be relocated.

Finding it useful, but because Z10 is not my daily driver, I do not venture into the Z10 section all too often.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    06-12-14 05:15 AM
    To the OP:

I only tried linking contact records once and it was a disaster (won't go into it here).

So like many others, I have my "couples" entered as 2 individuals. Since within one household it's common now for each person to have separate phone numbers & email addresses (double those to add work info), it just seemed to make the most sense to keep everyone's record separate.

I usually add a Notes field at the bottom to indicate who someone is living with/married to, etc. But I do not link them. This way if I need to delete or change a record, I don't need to worry about another record being changed too.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-14 05:25 AM