hi crackberry nation, i wasen't sure where to post this so here i am... i just want to hear some opinions about a situation im in rigth now, i own a z10 witch i'm more than satisfied, i just finish my contract so i can do an upgrade, i live in El Salvador, over here we have a lot of US influence so everbory just wants samdroids and iphones, and carriers just make life impossible if you want to get a blackberry, for a long time they only make aviable the z10 and the q10, like a month ago i saw the q5 (yes really) no z30 over here... i was planning to not do an upgrade and wait for a newer phone, but then i notice my girlfriend with her old 9220, and i whant her to join the BB10 world, so i ask my carrier and i can get a Q5 for free if i sing an 18 months contract, the Q5 will be a present for mi gf, and i just stick with mi z10, now what would you do in my situation?
    -get the q5 for free and sing the 18 months contract and stick the the z10
    -save the upgrade and get a new phone later? (now sure how much time this would be... even if the windemere or the classic release in september i guess i will see them in september of 2015 xD)

thanks in advance for any advice :P
    06-06-14 12:42 PM
    Well if it will take you up to 2015 to get a new phone, the Q5 option seems to be the only way to go. Your girlfriend won't have too much adjustment to the QWERTY phone since she already uses 9220.
    06-06-14 01:29 PM
    Well if it will take you up to 2015 to get a new phone, the Q5 option seems to be the only way to go. Your girlfriend won't have too much adjustment to the QWERTY phone since she already uses 9220.
    yeah it seems that way... the Q5 its been aviable since around aug last year, and over here i just saw it like a month ago, about the z30 i dont think im going to see it on any carrier over here... its hard to be a blackberry user here lalety... hahaha thx for the answer...
    06-06-14 01:57 PM
    No problem. How about this? You purchase an off-contract Z30 and put your SIM on it? You think it will work? That way, you can give the Z10 to your girlfriend.
    06-06-14 02:29 PM
    im sure it will work, but then i�ll have to buy it on amazon or ebay and get it send over here, and not sure if i want to spend that money rigth now... the other option its maybe i can get a cheap off contract q5 or z10 to mi gf, and save my upgrade for later, i just need to check prices :P hahaha
    06-06-14 02:38 PM
    You probably don't want to wait that long, but I'm likely to be taking a trip down (from the US)to El Salvador early August (family there). I could take one (Q5,10 or Z30) down for you if I do... as long as I can get one that is compatible with the area.

Update this thread if you decide to get the Q5 on contract, and I'll come back when I know whether or not I'm going.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:42 PM
    You probably don't want to wait that long, but I'm likely to be taking a trip down (from the US)to El Salvador early August (family there). I could take one (Q5,10 or Z30) down for you if I do... as long as I can get one that is compatible with the area.

Update this thread if you decide to get the Q5 on contract, and I'll come back when I know whether or not I'm going.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    ohh thanks a lot... sure i let you know anything :P... not sure yet but maybe ill get the free Q5 on contract and save some money to buy one of the new phones later this year
    06-06-14 03:05 PM

Good luck!
    No problem. How about this? You purchase an off-contract Z30 and put your SIM on it? You think it will work? That way, you can give the Z10 to your girlfriend.
    i end up geting her a z10, it was on sale so i change my plan, more data, less money, got the z10 for free and just change the new sim to my phone :P... going to give it to her later ...
    06-09-14 03:47 PM
    Let us know how she likes it.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-09-14 03:51 PM
    Sign up for 18 months, take the Q5, let your GF enjoy BB10... and you the Q5 occasionally ;-)

Woops... EDIT: I did not read your latest post...
    So enjoy BB10, both of you!
    Cheers!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-09-14 03:54 PM
    Did you use your upgrade or bought that z10 off contract?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 04:07 PM
    Did you use your upgrade or bought that z10 off contract?

Posted via CB10
    i upgrade, got the z10 for free, now im paying less, so i�m saving money for the next bb phone i�ll buy ... and she�s loving the z10
    06-19-14 10:43 AM
    i upgrade, got the z10 for free, now im paying less, so i�m saving money for the next bb phone i�ll buy ... and she�s loving the z10
    Another touch convert, can't fault her. Virtual keyboard is awesome. As long as it is BlackBerry, ...

I've got both, Q+Z10, and I'm looking at the Z30 now, waiting for the Passport...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-22-14 05:44 AM