If they could make it look like this it won't be bad.

Pls BlackBerry, do something better with the Active frames.-img_20140605_180905_edit.png

Pls BlackBerry, do something better with the Active frames.-img_20140605_180813_edit.png

From Zarafet my Z30.
    06-05-14 12:18 PM
    I suggest you give Windows Phone a try if that's what you want from active frames.

Posted via CB10
    moegh, walt63, dibbis and 1 others like this.
    06-05-14 12:53 PM
    Go to Windows phone op, it's exactly what you want!

Powered by BlackBerry!
    06-05-14 01:55 PM
    He'll no! Hate windows phone. I'm just saying more enhancements can be done to the active frames than just moving them around. Hope they come up with something creative

From Zarafet my Z30.
    06-05-14 01:57 PM
    i like the original blackberry active frame..its elegant...
    06-05-14 02:00 PM
    He'll no! Hate windows phone. I'm just saying more enhancements can be done to the active frames than just moving them around. Hope they come up with something creative

From Zarafet my Z30.
    It doesn't matter how creative it is, if it doesn't help get things done I don't want it. If I want creative I'll buy an Apple. I used BlackBerry because it is useful and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 06:07 PM
    PlayBook style would be a great feature ! I miss showcase mode in BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 07:01 PM
    Have you seen the active frames in 10.3? I don't know if it's just gonna be on the windermere or what but it's almost exactly like that if I remember correctly

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-05-14 07:06 PM
    I agree with OP, active frames are useless in current form. Mine as well just be app icon image since there's never anything worth displaying.

Make em interactive/ more widgety and like dude above me said playbook showcase mode. Imagine resizing and showcase.. This is the feature Samsung note has with split screen and would take very little to implement.
    Doggerz and lazypapichulo21 like this.
    06-05-14 07:15 PM
    Whoa don't hate on widgets! It's the only thing android has going for it along with Google services if that's your thing.

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-05-14 07:15 PM
    I'm a fan of the current active frames. I use them a lot. It's similar to how I multi task on my computer. But more appealing at least to me. I'm fine if they can let us pin them but I don't want many changes beyond that.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 07:19 PM
    Guys guys calm down!

OP, this is how the active frames are on the Windermere, I don't know if this will become on every BlackBerry10 device but I know that's how it looks on the Windermere.

I like the current active frames honestly but getting a re-sizable active frames would be great so people can choose to keep them in the current form or just make them like the Windermere active frames.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 03:13 AM
    Folks, there's some good discussion going on here, and some not-so-good. The not-so-good has been cleaned.

Please stick to the topic of the thread and cut out the personal attacks. Next warning won't be a warning -- there will be infractions.

[WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]

Thank you ....
    06-06-14 05:28 AM
    PlayBook style would be a great feature ! I miss showcase mode in BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    This would be absolutely amazing!!! I miss the showcase mode. I would have loved to see that on the BB10 OS
    06-06-14 05:32 AM
    I wish active frames were more, I dunno...active?! I like them for multitasking, but other than that they're pretty useless.
    06-06-14 09:48 PM
    I wish active frames were more, I dunno...active?! I like them for multitasking, but other than that they're pretty useless.
    They are actually pretty useful in showing all the info they show, like BBM, weather app, device monitor in 10.3...etc

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 10:07 PM
    They are actually pretty useful in showing all the info they show, like BBM, weather app, device monitor in 10.3...etc

Posted via CB10
    Blaq shows me tweets that are multiple days old. BeWeather rotates cities, which I guess some might like, but not me. The clock always goes back to the clock view, even if I have a timer or stopwatch running. And many apps just go back to a default screen with the apps name. Not very intuitive in my opinion.
    shaunj539 and ingris like this.
    06-06-14 11:45 PM
    Blaq shows me tweets that are multiple days old. BeWeather rotates cities, which I guess some might like, but not me. The clock always goes back to the clock view, even if I have a timer or stopwatch running. And many apps just go back to a default screen with the apps name. Not very intuitive in my opinion.
    Is that BlackBerrys fault? Developers are to blame in this case.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 01:46 AM
    Is that BlackBerrys fault? Developers are to blame in this case.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely correct, but lately it seems people would rather complain that it's BlackBerry's fault instead.

SMH

Posted via CB10
    rango10 and Thesmartmale like this.
    06-07-14 03:36 AM
    If they did something creative with the Active frames. We won't have to be swiping down to see the rest of the running apps

From Zarafet my Z30.
    06-07-14 05:46 AM
    Isn't the Active Frames just for showing what's going off in the app? Like Snap2Chat shows your most recent snaps, weather apps shows you the most recent/current forecast etc. It's like peeking into the app

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 06:08 AM
    Isn't the Active Frames just for showing what's going off in the app? Like Snap2Chat shows your most recent snaps, weather apps shows you the most recent/current forecast etc. It's like peeking into the app

Posted via CB10
    Essentially yes. The active frame is entirely at the discression of the application developer, except for the default wich is just a snapshot of the application screen when it was minimized.
    06-07-14 06:59 AM
    Well now, if you eliminate ones ability to complain constantly that everything in the world that's gone wrong is BlackBerry's fault, you've taken away many posters reason to be here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    06-07-14 07:22 AM
    sure devs are to blame for the use of active frames for their app but blackberry built in apps arent that great of an example either

The Clock app shows a nice analog clock but is it usefull?, i have a working digital on top of the screen. Like allready said why doesnt it show the current countdown or stopwatch.
    I also noticed that the weather app doesnt seem to update the weather in the active frame, i kept it open the whole day (never reopened the app) but the temperature stayed the same as it was when i left my home.

There is so much potential in active frames but at the moment this isnt realy used well in "most" cases.
    I really would also love to see the option in the future to allow devs (or the user) to keep apps running in the background and not freeze the picture. so you could minimize a video and it keeps playing while you check the weather and countdown in the active frames
    elGuapoTorres and Denny_Crane like this.
    06-07-14 07:23 AM
    Depends on the developer and what you consider 'active' for your needs. What I've got open here shows me the info I need.
    Pls BlackBerry, do something better with the Active frames.-img_20140607_094715.png

I do agree with you on the clock app, I use the timber almost daily, would be nice if it showed the countdown.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 08:49 AM
52 123