Hello all , I have Samsung tectiles (which you can buy from crackberry here : Samsung TecTile Programmable NFC Tags for BlackBerry Z30, Q5, Q10, Z10, Bold 9930, Bold 9900 | BlackBerry NFC Tags | ShopCrackBerry)
    Got some questions .

* On the crackberry webpage link (see above) it sais : "Requires NFC enabled device and Samsung TecTile app (free) to use."
    Now I can't seem to find this app in the BBW store . So how/where to get it ?
    The built in Blackberry NFC app doesn't play nice with these tiles (yes i tried) . So as said above , the samsung tectiles work for Blackberry however the Samsung Tectile app is needed .
    06-05-14 07:28 AM
    If it's Samsung app it was probably not converted to BAR and submit to BBW. Try searching in Snap if you have 10.2.1+

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.512
    06-05-14 07:35 AM
    In the crackberry shop description it does not make any mention of sideloading snap , so I assumed there was a native samsung tectile app for Blackberry .

I followed your advice and installed the android tectile app from SNAP . When I launch the app , it sais my phone does not support NFC (BB Q5) . Also , I can't write any tags with it .

The native blackberry NFC app can't write either , it sais tile "This tag is blank or not recognized" when i try to write to it . Of course it's blank they're new Tec tiles , that's why I want to write to it .
    The fact that it's vibrating when i tap the tag means it is recognized so I don't understand the message .

Now , how to go from here and create/write a tag ?
    06-05-14 07:51 AM
    Quick search says Samsung tectile NFC tags are MIFARE 1kB NFC*tags.

According to this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...39/index2.html.
    Post 28 point #5, they don't seem to work too well.

Only thing I can suggest is to download shortcutme or myprofilesprolight and try again.

If not I'd contact crackberry and maybe ask for a refund.
    06-05-14 07:43 PM
    Seems that the samsung tectiles (Mifare 1K NFC) are not supported at all , as mentioned on the blackberry forums :

See FAQ #1 and #17

NFC Developer FAQ - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

No idea why crackberry sells them
    06-06-14 03:08 AM
    Android nfc support comes in 10.3, either use a 10.3 leak or wait for a stable release and keep your tags until then
    06-06-14 03:19 AM
    Android nfc support comes in 10.3, either use a 10.3 leak or wait for a stable release and keep your tags until then
    Ok let's wait and see what 10.3 brings .
    06-06-14 01:43 PM
    I bought these tags and it arrived today. Tried to program with the native app, Smart Tags, and it works fine for me.

Haven't tried crazy combinations yet, but wifi/bluetooth toggle, opening some apps, etc. work fine. So I'm assuming it works fine.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2273 /CB10
    07-07-14 09:52 PM
    I gave it a try again , since I have received 2 OS software updates lately . No dice unfortunately . Keeps saying "This tag is blank or not recognized" .
    07-08-14 06:00 AM