I just bought a brand new Z10. First charging takes longer time than iPhone's. And when it finally up to 100%, I played it a few minutes, I promiss! Just less than 2 minutes! Battery becomes 96%! Battery drops tooooooooooo fast!
    I have heard the poor battery before I buy Z10, but never expected like this! I just wanna say omg!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:54 AM
    I recently bought a z10 but I was a BB noob, left the NFC feature on and the battery was draining like mad.
    06-05-14 04:56 AM
    Good, that you said this here in a new thread.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-05-14 04:58 AM
    I have a charger almost everywhere I go, if thats not possible opt for a power bank!
    No other option
    In some countries they have 3000mAh batteries (Not OEM obviously)!

Choose one of them
    06-05-14 05:06 AM
    I recently bought a z10 but I was a BB noob, left the NFC feature on and the battery was draining like mad.
    Turn it off dude!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:04 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:05 AM
    I have a charger almost everywhere I go, if thats not possible opt for a power bank!
    No other option
    In some countries they have 3000mAh batteries (Not OEM obviously)!

Choose one of them
    Really bad battery

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:07 AM
    My nfc is on all day, moderate use gets me through the day on my z10. I do use a pocket pouch, so whenever the phone isn't in use, it stays in the pouch. The battery does drain quickly from the start, but then seems to stabilize in the low 80%, then drains quickly again until it reaches the 60% mark... Fits and spurts, but i manage getting full-day use. Usually down to 9% by midnight (phone on at 7:30)

** side note: i don't bother with LTE connectivity unless absolutely necessary, otherwise phone set to 4G/3G to mitigate battery consumption.
    Last edited by kolok; 06-05-14 at 11:53 AM.
    06-05-14 11:08 AM
    NFC really doesn't affect battery life much at all, unless you are actually using it. OP, if yours is a new phone, it will probably drain a bit faster when first set up and will be better in a day or so.

Of course compared to an iPhone, you can carry extra batteries for the Z10, so there really is no comparison.
    06-05-14 11:36 AM
    Do you have the latest software? Also, like what theyve said, turn off your NFC if you're not using it. Helps a lot.
    06-05-14 01:27 PM
    Oh Yay! ANOTHER Z10 battery thread!
    What's that, 1000 now?

Does anyone know how to use the search function on this website??

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:50 PM
    Z10 doesn't have the best battery to start, make sure you're not leaving wifi, Bluetooth, nfc...etc. on. Some sideloaded apps really drain the battery (and/or create program loops in the background). Unlock ios, you can remove the battery, to carry a spare one around (or use external battery packs)? What exactly is the game you're playing?
    06-05-14 01:59 PM
    Lol. I am in the same boat OP. Iphone 5 with a smaller battery has way better battery life in both usage and stanby. No lte, no nfc, no bluetooth. Wifi always on.

Pathetic battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 06-05-14 at 03:15 PM.
    06-05-14 02:08 PM
    I just bought a brand new Z10. First charging takes longer time than iPhone's. And when it finally up to 100%, I played it a few minutes, I promiss! Just less than 2 minutes! Battery becomes 96%! Battery drops tooooooooooo fast!
    I have heard the poor battery before I buy Z10, but never expected like this! I just wanna say omg!

Posted via CB10
    Since it's a new z10, which OS version are you using? You might want to update.

What's that, 1000 now?

Posted via CB10
    And that bothers you because? Isn't this forum about helping each others? If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 02:38 PM
    Z10 battery sucks!!!!!
    Never seen any other device with such a quick draining battery...

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    06-05-14 02:54 PM
    yes the battery is terrible but majority of smart phones are, I just have the battery charger pick it up for 14 pounds, there is not much you can do, but I will say they should of placed a bigger battery but they wanted a slim line phone, it is a great phone , except for the battery
    06-05-14 03:38 PM
    Battery life is by far the most subjective measure in the world of smartphones...it depends on your usage patterns and habits, no two Z10's get the same battery life. Mine for example, which has LTE, BT and WiFi always on, and two Exchange ActiveSync accounts pushing 24/7, lasts me the day. I usually have 20% or better left by the time it goes on the charger around 11pm (after coming off the charger at 7am or so). Usually the only time I put it on a charger throughout the day is when I have to run somewhere in my car, and I'll pop it on the car charger while I'm driving. So, that's maybe another 15-20 minutes of charging during the day. I don't game, and I don't watch movies on my phone (I have iPads for that).

So for my usage patterns and habits, the battery is just right.
    homer1475 likes this.
    06-05-14 04:03 PM
    Battery life is by far the most subjective measure in the world of smartphones...it depends on your usage patterns and habits, no two Z10's get the same battery life. Mine for example, which has LTE, BT and WiFi always on, and two Exchange ActiveSync accounts pushing 24/7, lasts me the day. I usually have 20% or better left by the time it goes on the charger around 11pm (after coming off the charger at 7am or so). Usually the only time I put it on a charger throughout the day is when I have to run somewhere in my car, and I'll pop it on the car charger while I'm driving. So, that's maybe another 15-20 minutes of charging during the day. I don't game, and I don't watch movies on my phone (I have iPads for that).

So for my usage patterns and habits, the battery is just right.
    Correct
    But Z10 drains more quickly as compared to some other devices with same features turned on

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    06-05-14 04:30 PM
    Correct
    But Z10 drains more quickly as compared to some other devices with same features turned on

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    I can use mine all day with NFC turned on. I have four email addresses on it set to push. I use FB all day. I spend over an hour reading the news on Feedminder with WiFi turned on. I always have NFC on and Bluetooth. I browse the web and use the phone. I can usually get 12 hours out of the battery easily. There are days when it is less, usually when I travel and am in an area, usually out of the country, where the signal is bad or it has to constantly search for a signal and switch from Edge and 4G.

The other day I noticed my battery was draining quickly, I looked and saw that PIM services was taking about 40% of CPU. I had just updated Facebook. I had been having problems with FB so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Every time I did that, PIM services would take a high percentage of CPU, it has to sync everything. Once it was done, the battery life was back to normal.

I find the battery life on the Z10 to be fairly decent now on 3175. I rarely use my other batteries now. I have three batteries. This is the advantage to me over an iPhone. I think the iPhone is a great phone, but I could not use it because I cannot replace the battery. On long travel days, such as flying to Asia or Australia from the US, the iPhone would be dead. I often get off of planes and see the iPhone people rush to find an outlet to plug in their phone, I simply pop in a fresh battery.

There is no doubt the Z10 can eat batteries, so can an iPhone, so can an S4. My wife has an S4, it does very well with the battery, but she also has a second one. I would hate to have a phone without the ability to replace the battery. I think that is a stupid design.
    06-06-14 10:34 AM
    What's that, 1000 now?

Posted via CB10
    Careful... or a Mod will give you a warning for having on opinion on stupidity. *rolls eyes*
    06-06-14 01:32 PM