Hi,
    my Z10 just decided to stop working .. no able to boot not even booting to recovery (no red led) not able to charge no nothing ..
    i must say BlackBerry was a fun ride and have some amazing features but the price isn't worth it maybe if the Z3 was available to all to buy in the blackberry online store i would get one but it's not and in the price range that blackberry want me to give it i won't get another one...

C- Ya all..
    06-05-14 02:35 AM
    A shame to see them lose one more user. What are you going to move to?
    06-05-14 02:46 AM
    No warranty?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 02:47 AM
    A new z10 can be found sometimes cheaper then the z3. Bought myself a spare z10 for 120 euro.
    06-05-14 03:01 AM
    Nooooo please don't go!!! What are you looking for here? Go away. Stop dropping your phone too btw
    06-05-14 03:03 AM
    I observe multiple users facing this.. I find it scary and intolerable.

What model do you have?
    Did your phone felt hot?
    How did you stress it?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 03:04 AM
    Happened to me recently too but I came back after htc one experience

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:59 AM
    TO tell ya the truth,it has also happened to me. I did go to Android for a while but came back to BB. I keep coming back to legacy BB9900,9930,9790 as they (in my opinion) are better in quality and time tested bug free compared to BB10. I have also the Z10,Q10,Z30 and they are not reliable and have really been testing my patience to stay with blackberry but again, the reason I stay is because of the legacy BB's.
    06-05-14 06:26 AM
    Hmm... does any one know the reason of the "sudden" death?
    06-05-14 08:41 AM
    Bye!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:43 AM
    Wait why the sudden death? This has me worried... is it the battery?
    06-05-14 08:51 AM
    Wait why the sudden death? This has me worried... is it the battery?
    Every phone has a percentage of "sudden death" incidents. "SIDS" (taken from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) has been appropriated by the Apple crowd as "Sudden iPhone Death Syndrome". My last Android phone also had a certain % of drop dead phones. In certain cases with BBerry, however, reloading the OS can bring it back to life.
    06-05-14 09:15 AM
    Every phone has a percentage of "sudden death" incidents. "SIDS" (taken from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) has been appropriated by the Apple crowd as "Sudden iPhone Death Syndrome". My last Android phone also had a certain % of drop dead phones. In certain cases with BBerry, however, reloading the OS can bring it back to life.
    Thanks for the answer, that doesn't sound good though, At least it would be nice to know the phone would last you 2 years, enough time for most people to want to upgrade!

Edit post: my BB9780 lasted a lifetime though, never had an issue with it before I upgraded to a Z10!
    06-05-14 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the answer, that doesn't sound good though, At least it would be nice to know the phone would last you 2 years, enough time for most people to want to upgrade!

Edit post: my BB9780 lasted a lifetime though, never had an issue with it before I upgraded to a Z10!
    Well, mine has worked fine since it was introduced into the USA (when I bought it). The point is a comparatively small number of phones, across brands, will have this issue.
    06-05-14 09:25 AM

And chances are the phone WILL last at least two years for the majority of users. It is not at all unusual for there to be defective phones (same goes for anything mass produced, including iPhones) and it is unfortunate you had to experience a defective Z10. However, this is not at all unique to BBRY. My son's S3 which he has had for less than a year is also a piece of crap. Once AGAIN, it has to be sent in for yet another defect.
    06-05-14 09:27 AM
    no reason to the death didn't fall didn't anything ... just failed to power up and boot .. checking now if still warranty is available (hope so)
    06-05-14 09:39 AM
    Regardless of what you buy, phone, car, TV, laptop, you should be prepared for it not to last beyond the warranty period.

Amortize the price over the warranty period and make your decision if it is too expensive or not.

Can't blame the manufacturer only your expectations.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:19 AM
    I guess I have been the lucky few...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:48 AM
    Well, mine has worked fine since it was introduced into the USA (when I bought it). The point is a comparatively small number of phones, across brands, will have this issue.
    Yes and those few will be the ones complaining and saying goodbye the loudest on CB without asking for help. Just like the OP here.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    06-05-14 02:24 PM
    What will you do when your other phone stops working?

Cry in another forum?

Z10 on Telus
    06-05-14 02:26 PM
    Not really sure what people are doing to their phones but I never have any issues with my z-10. I think if you take care of your device it should be very reliable.
    06-05-14 02:49 PM
    I must confess the Z10 gets ridiculously hot when stressing it through playing intensive games.

I think more information is needed though like country of manufacture, Model number, length of time you've had the phone. Apps that were running and OS version.

A phone wont just suddenly die however I have noticed in my time of being a phone user there can be ones with faulty components and faulty battery connectors, even faulty batteries. It may not necessarily be down to a heat problem.

I too have been reading this though about the Z10 along with the Random Reboot issue that is still present in some devices despite using the latest 10.2.1 release. It does worry me a little and it only takes 1 customer with the issue that can make 100 potential customers turn away. I am not even sure if BlackBerry have acknowledged an issue as of yet.
    06-05-14 02:59 PM
    I had the same problem with a iPhone 3gs a few years ago and my ipad 4gen. Suddenly death and don't want to start up again. Tried everything. So yeah I guess if you thinking that only blackberry has problems, your unfortunately wrong.

There is always a change you have bought a 'Monday product'. This is the case for all electronic products.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:46 AM
    Before anything, try first with a different battery.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    m1kr0 likes this.
    06-06-14 02:50 AM
    As much as I love the BlackBerry 10 experience, I have to say if my Z10 died I would have a hard time convincing myself to get a replacement. The quality, specs and price of some of those android phones like xiaomi and lenovo are just too attractive.

Interestingly enough the only 2 phones I've had which still work till today are my Sony Ericsson Z600 from 2004 and my HTC touch HD from 2008
    06-06-14 03:07 AM
29 12