I keep hearing the "q30" may be the rumored health industry device, but after seeing a doctor today, I noticed they all walk around with laptops. So, the idea came to be, why does the health industry device have to be a phone? Why can't it be a tablet? The new playbook. High resolution screen, somewhere around 10-12 inches and a detachable keyboard, if need be. Something that would give the new Surface Pro 3 a run for it's money.
    06-05-14 12:41 AM
    That was my description of a device I would like to see. But with sim and cheaper price. The long and the short is Chen says a tablet is not priority now and he will look at it next year.
    06-05-14 01:14 AM
    But with sim and cheaper price.
    BlackBerry cheap? since when is that?
    06-05-14 04:45 AM
    Since the drop in price of z10 and the launch of Z3
    06-05-14 05:23 AM
    Doctors might like the convenience of something that doesn't sit on a rolling cart all day and that can be attached to your hip. It's actually a nice form factor. I honestly think 4.5" isn't enough. They should have gone bigger. But not as big as a 7" tablet.

Actually, maybe this is the best solution. I'm sure BBRY considered ergonomics. It's not some guy in a room coming up with his ideas. The sizing is most likely based on research.
    06-05-14 10:17 AM
    Doctors might like the convenience of something that doesn't sit on a rolling cart all day and that can be attached to your hip. It's actually a nice form factor. I honestly think 4.5" isn't enough. They should have gone bigger. But not as big as a 7" tablet.

Actually, maybe this is the best solution. I'm sure BBRY considered ergonomics. It's not some guy in a room coming up with his ideas. The sizing is most likely based on research.
    Haha great post and visible thought process. Keyboarded tablet at the hip does sound good. But I wonder if it won't be more difficult to clean. A glass screen can be wiped down, but a keyboard is perfect for breeding germs.
    06-05-14 10:38 AM
    They already use a lot of iPads in the med industry.
    06-05-14 10:44 AM
    I am think blackberry blend and the ion project will make any inexpensive tablet into a powerful tool so the need to design a blackberry tablet is not a priority.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:25 PM