So my prior phone broke a while ago and I've been using an ancient android phone to pass time until I could save up some money for a new phone. Now that I can afford a phone, I'm trying to decide which one I want. I've always really liked the Z30 but I'm worried something new will be coming out soon, since the phone is nearly 9 months old at this point. I'm worried a new BB phone with a quad core processor and 3gb of ram will come out and make my purchase obsolete.

Is it still a good idea to pick up a Z30 or would I be better off waiting?
    06-04-14 09:21 PM
    Wait for the best!

White z10 user.
    06-04-14 09:31 PM
    If it meets your needs, go ahead with it. There will always be something better that is "coming soon". The Z30 is a great phone and I don't think you will be disappointed.
    06-04-14 09:32 PM
    Ya with how phones are being released these days, no matter what phone you buy now, it will sort of be "obsolete" in a matter of months. Personally I've come to really like the touch screen phone and even if/when blackberry comes with a new touchscreen device, I'm probably going to use my z30 until it dies

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:01 PM
    Like others said, there is always something new coming soon, so go for the Z30 if your pockets can afford it. It's a great device, feels great in hand, etc.
    And if you still want a new device you can always sell the Z30, I believe It'll have a good resellable price by then.

From my lovely Z30
    06-04-14 11:27 PM
    Okay. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow then. I have a question though. Since I'm buying it outright I was thinking of buying it through Shop Blackberry so I could combine my accessories in the same shipment, but I'm not sure if the model on there will support Telus's HSPA+ and LTE? It's the STA100-5 model.

Also, how does Shop Blackberry ship? I have issues with UPS (the only pick up location is literally across the city and I'm kind of curious.
    06-05-14 12:03 AM
    Okay. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow then. I have a question though. Since I'm buying it outright I was thinking of buying it through Shop Blackberry so I could combine my accessories in the same shipment, but I'm not sure if the model on there will support Telus's HSPA+ and LTE? It's the STA100-5 model.

Also, how does Shop Blackberry ship? I have issues with UPS (the only pick up location is literally across the city and I'm kind of curious.
    If it's factory unlocked I believe it should all work correctly. I think wind/mobilicity use some different kind of network and won't work with other phones, but almost all the other major companies (ie rogers, Telus, bell) should all be good to go. In terms of shipping, I have no idea. Check out Telus, I bought a gel case today from the Telus store for $5. Either way, some stores may not even have it in stock because it's not super popular sadly

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:18 AM
    If it's factory unlocked I believe it should all work correctly. I think wind/mobilicity use some different kind of network and won't work with other phones, but almost all the other major companies (ie rogers, Telus, bell) should all be good to go. In terms of shipping, I have no idea. Check out Telus, I bought a gel case today from the Telus store for $5. Either way, some stores may not even have it in stock because it's not super popular sadly

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I was planning to buy online. I'll just go on Telus' web store and order it after work. Pretty sure they do purolator for shipping.

Should I buy a screen protector? My Z10's screen got scratched by a button on a jean really badly. I'm really bad at putting them on (like, REALLY bad), but I was thinking maybe one of those BB Leather Pockets or BB Flip cases will be competent enough at stopping scratches.
    06-05-14 12:23 AM
    I don't like screen protectors but I find this z30 is really easy to scratch. My z10 was way more scratch resistant. But this z30 glass it so much nicer- slick? It feels so good compared to the z10. I'm going to live with the scratches. And they are actually a couple bad ones in it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:40 AM
    Yeah I was planning to buy online. I'll just go on Telus' web store and order it after work. Pretty sure they do purolator for shipping.

Should I buy a screen protector? My Z10's screen got scratched by a button on a jean really badly. I'm really bad at putting them on (like, REALLY bad), but I was thinking maybe one of those BB Leather Pockets or BB Flip cases will be competent enough at stopping scratches.
    Check out ghost armor. I have it on mine, and it's excellent. I usually hate screen protectors but to me, it literally is invisible, and they install it for you

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:44 AM

I ordered my z30 direct from Blackberry. I chose the $11 shipping and it's moving really slow (scheduled for delivery at 7 days). I would have paid more for shipping if I had understood the shipping method. I'm used to same day delivery or up to 3rd day, well so be it. I ordered my Ghost Armor through the manager of the kiosk, so I'll go directly to having it applied on to the z30 straight from the box. I'll definitely be considering the devices that will release this fall and my preference at the moment will be the "classic" model. I originally thought to skip the z30 and wait for the 2015 device. The z30 forum dialogue has been a strong positive toward the device and I'd like experience of the larger screen (I tried a Sony Ultra z GPE and it's superb in its own way I suppose, but it doesn't match the Blackberry experience). The next generation of the z30 will probably be March 2015, so eventually the z30 can move to being backup device.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-05-14 02:30 AM
    Z30 is a great device but you might want to wait for this..
    Worth a purchase now or should I wait for a new BB to come out?-img_20140605_150607.png

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:37 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140605_150607.png 
Views:	607 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	276156

Posted via CB10
    Wow that device looks amazing.
    06-05-14 07:31 AM
    If you are going for full touch just go ahead and buy the Z30. If you want a qwerty wait till october there will be a choice of 4 BlackBerry qwertys then.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    matamco likes this.
    06-05-14 07:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140605_150607.png 
Views:	607 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	276156

Posted via CB10
    I didn't like the looks of that phone in other pictures but in this one it looks pretty sweet.....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:15 AM
    I'd wait. In trying to sell my Z30 in preparation for new devices but nobody wants to buy it. BlackBerry has terrible resale potential.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:25 AM
    Check out ghost armor. I have it on mine, and it's excellent. I usually hate screen protectors but to me, it literally is invisible, and they install it for you

Posted via CB10
    Ghost Armor. Has consistently protected my phones (3) from harm and looks and feels great.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:26 AM
    I'd go for the Z30 now if I got a fantastic deal (~$300) for one in mint condition. Otherwise, I'd wait. Blackberry has 2 new phones (I think) coming out the end of this year. Plus, while the Z30's are still a hot commodity (at decent prices ~$350-$400) on crackberry, 4 months down the road they may not be, hence the good deal requirement.

I recently went to a Z30 from a Z10. I will likely be very content with this phone (even with less LTE coverage) until they come out with it's successor, which I don't expect until sometime in 2015. Your best bet would be to post a WTB ad at the Crackberry marketplace, wait for the right seller with the right phone at the right price, then make the deal! If that doesn't happen, then you'll be that much closer to the new phone releases.

Good luck!
    06-05-14 11:05 AM