Hi all,

Considering I'm an avid reader and follower of CrackBerry, this is my first post!

I've just set up my work email's to sync with my BB Z10. This all works fine and I'm getting the emails on my phone. But when I read an email from my phone, it does not get read in Outlook. When I delete an email on my phone, it does not get deleted in Outlook. Vice versa. If I read and delete emails in Outlook, they do not get read or deleted on my phone. This is rather frustrating as the whole point of syncing emails is to be able to have full control away from the office. I've got Delete on Handheld and Server on yet they are not deleting on Handheld and Server. These settings work fine for my personal accounts but just not on my Exchange account. Initially when I deleted a load of messages from my phone I got the following message 'Email messages will be removed from the BlackBerry Hub but will remain on the server'. Can I turn this option off? Also why is it coming up with this even though I have Delete on Handheld and Server on.

Thanks in advance,
    Rajan
    06-04-14 04:02 AM
    Please standby I am trying to get you an answer!
    06-08-14 11:51 PM
    Please standby I am trying to get you an answer!
    I've just realised that the emails do get read in Outlook if I read them on my phone now. There's probably a 5 or so minute delay. But they still don't get read on my phone if I read them in Outlook. And the delete function is still not working either way.

Good luck Rich C!
    06-09-14 02:41 AM
    Hi Rajan and welcome to the CrackBerry community's posters !

To make things perfectly clear, we have to check a few points

1. Can you confirm that in Outlook your account is set as an exchange account ? (I mean some companies use kind of POP/IMAP "proxy" or web services) ?
    2. On your Z10, you can also verify that it is set as an exchange account by looking into tha account settings then press "advanced" at the bottom. If sync interval parameters are disabled, then it probably is.

Now, for the deletion parameter, I'd suggest you turn back
    - delete message confirmation to on
    - Delete on to "prompt"
    in the HUB Display and actions settings. (within the hub: 3dots (more) / settings / Display and actions)

That's all for now ... keep us posted !
    anon8908589 likes this.
    06-09-14 03:38 AM
    Hi Rajan and welcome to the CrackBerry community's posters !

To make things perfectly clear, we have to check a few points

1. Can you confirm that in Outlook your account is set as an exchange account ? (I mean some companies use kind of POP/IMAP "proxy" or web services) ?
    2. On your Z10, you can also verify that it is set as an exchange account by looking into tha account settings then press "advanced" at the bottom. If sync interval parameters are disabled, then it probably is.

Now, for the deletion parameter, I'd suggest you turn back
    - delete message confirmation to on
    - Delete on to "prompt"
    in the HUB Display and actions settings. (within the hub: 3dots (more) / settings / Display and actions)

That's all for now ... keep us posted !
    Superfly_FR... That seems to have done the trick!!!

- The account is definitely an Exchange account, and I checked on my phone which showed the Sync Interval parameter as greyed out.
    - Delete Message Confirmation was also previously set to On.

What I did change though was to Delete on Prompt. When I then select Hub and Server (when prompted), the same email deletes in Outlook. Also when I delete in Outlook, they get deleted on my phone.

Issue resolved!

Many thanks guys

Very simple fix, but it's odd how if you don't set it to prompt, the functionality doesn't work
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-09-14 04:44 AM
    Delete and read/unread marks are not pushed, but are included in the next sync cycle. This is per design afaik.

You can force a sync by opening the menu in the hub and select refresh. A few seconds later you can then perform a Send/Receive in Outlook to force an update of cached mode. This should then reflect read/delete operations.

Do the opposite steps if you use Outlook to read/delete.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:06 AM
    Superfly_FR... That seems to have done the trick!!!

- The account is definitely an Exchange account, and I checked on my phone which showed the Sync Interval parameter as greyed out.
    - Delete Message Confirmation was also previously set to On.

What I did change though was to Delete on Prompt. When I then select Hub and Server (when prompted), the same email deletes in Outlook. Also when I delete in Outlook, they get deleted on my phone.

Issue resolved!

Many thanks guys

Very simple fix, but it's odd how if you don't set it to prompt, the functionality doesn't work
    Sounds like a coincidence. Prompt is just a... prompt... and should not change the deletion process.

I don't use the prompt and it works fine as I described. If it was a problem I would expect BlackBerry to have heard about it and fixed it long time ago as EAS has been available some day 1.

There was a bug on earlier versions that caused messages to be deleted on the server, if multiple messages was selected for deletions and the user selected to delete on handheld only when prompted. This was reported to BlackBerry and gas been fixed.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:14 AM
    Sounds like a coincidence. Prompt is just a... prompt... and should not change the deletion process.
    Unless, by accident, user made a (erroneous) choice and ticked "do not ask anymore" ...
    Edit : Rajan, now that you know how to reverse, you may want to tick the "do not ask" again and see how it goes ... Anyways, glad you're back in sync !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-09-14 at 06:40 AM.
    jpvj likes this.
    06-09-14 06:09 AM
    Unless, by accident, user made a (erroneous) choice and ticked "do not ask anymore" ...
    Edit : Rajan, now that you know how to reverse, you may want to tick the "do not ask" again and see how it goes ... Anyways, glad you're back in sync !
    Well, I'm getting the same issue but Refresh does not work. In summary, what's worked is to eliminate the account in BB10 then add it again.. this works ok for weeks, then the problems comes back.

Also, this week I've had issues with contacts auto-linking, with no relationship whatsoever (e.g. email/phone not the same, but still linked). Plus, some contacts have duplicated into "local blank entries", meaning they are not duplicated in Outlook but are mutiplied in my Z30 as local contacts (name only) with no other info inside. It's getting annoying!
    07-09-14 10:27 PM
    Well, I'm getting the same issue but Refresh does not work. In summary, what's worked is to eliminate the account in BB10 then add it again.. this works ok for weeks, then the problems comes back.

Also, this week I've had issues with contacts auto-linking, with no relationship whatsoever (e.g. email/phone not the same, but still linked). Plus, some contacts have duplicated into "local blank entries", meaning they are not duplicated in Outlook but are mutiplied in my Z30 as local contacts (name only) with no other info inside. It's getting annoying!
    The contacts issue is probably one of the most common issues in OS10. A lot of people have that issue and I think the only fix is wait for the next update.... and hope for the best!
    07-10-14 03:16 AM
    You can have blank contact entries if you have installed Skype.
    07-18-14 06:25 AM
    I have similar issue.Read/unread status do not mark on outlook if performed in BlackBerry 10 device and reverse versa.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:37 PM