good luck!! wait times are going to be about 2 hours, managers are only going to let 20 customers in at a time and expected lines will be around the store and everyone weather you are getting a storm or not will have to wait
    11-12-08 09:33 AM
    So would you suggest online/telesales? I don't mind waiting for it in the mail... just don't have time to stand in line for 2 hours... Also, I'm not eligible for an upgrade, would I have to wait a week or two before I can order? (sorry if these have been answered.. I searched and read through a few threads, but I didn't like any of the answers that I saw )...
    11-12-08 09:38 AM
    I was hoping it would be released online first. I might have to buy it at the store by my job. That's not good. Its in downtown Chicago, in the middle if the financial district. You know there will be lots of business users there waiting in line.
    11-12-08 09:41 AM
    I'll be starting the "it's 4:30 am and the doors still aren't open yet" thread!!!
    11-12-08 09:43 AM
    Don't think that will be the case here. I guess it depends on what market you are in. People around here haven't even heard of the Storm yet. I guess that is one of the advantages of being in a town of 250,000 as opposed to millions. You can have NYC, LA, Chitown, Hotlanta, etc...
    11-12-08 09:44 AM
    Well, if it's a Sunday that wouldn't be a problem for me since I don't work weekends. Well, then again, even if it was a weekday, I've got a VZW store 2 doors down and I work at 6:30 am so I should be one of the first ones there. Yay!
    11-12-08 09:44 AM
    I believe you will be able to walk into your local store and walk out with the Storm with no problems at all.
    11-12-08 09:47 AM
    I believe you will be able to walk into your local store and walk out with the Storm with no problems at all.
    I agree, at least in smaller cities. This phone isn't getting the hype the iPhone did. GOOD!!
    11-12-08 09:50 AM
    Probably just order one online as I don't have much time to run around these days. Also debating whether to get a one yr vs. a two yr agreement. This will be my first BB and not sure I should commit to 2yr's up front...
    11-12-08 09:52 AM
    Probably just order one online as I don't have much time to run around these days. Also debating whether to get a one yr vs. a two yr agreement. This will be my first BB and not sure I should commit to 2yr's up front...
    Would you ever consider leaving VZW? If not, go for the two year!

Unless VZW does a 180, I'll be a cust for life. But don't let them know that!! lol
    11-12-08 09:54 AM
    So would you suggest online/telesales? I don't mind waiting for it in the mail... just don't have time to stand in line for 2 hours... Also, I'm not eligible for an upgrade, would I have to wait a week or two before I can order? (sorry if these have been answered.. I searched and read through a few threads, but I didn't like any of the answers that I saw )...
    i think they are going to work something out where you put your name on a list and they will call you when its your turn, if yoru not eligible you can still come in you will not be dealing with a sales rep though prob a customer service rep
    11-12-08 10:10 AM
    I'm in a small town, so I'm not too worried about long lines, but I am concerned about how many Storms my VZW store will receive. My dilemma is - do I take a sick day and get there early and have a full day to explore it, or do I hope that there will be one left over after work around 6:00? Decisions, decisions.
    11-12-08 10:14 AM
    Definitely getting it online. I've always gone online to get my phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 10:15 AM
    I'm in a small town, so I'm not too worried about long lines, but I am concerned about how many Storms my VZW store will receive. My dilemma is - do I take a sick day and get there early and have a full day to explore it, or do I hope that there will be one left over after work around 6:00? Decisions, decisions.

oooohhh! Don't wait till 6!! They may all be gone by then. However, you may try calling that morning to see if they can put one back for you. They've done that for me before...granted it was for a battery but still may work. Worth the try.
    11-12-08 10:18 AM
    i think they are going to work something out where you put your name on a list and they will call you when its your turn, if yoru not eligible you can still come in you will not be dealing with a sales rep though prob a customer service rep
    My mindset on the 24th will be that I want it TODAY. Burning a sick day and standing around a VZW store for a few hours is a small price to pay.
    11-12-08 10:21 AM
    The whole grain of salt thing applies:

I just got off the phone with Business Sales and when I put an order for a new account he took all my info up to the point of charging my card. He said that the minute he has the SKU he will run the card and be ready to deliver. I told him I am travelling to Vegas on the evening on the 25th and that if VZW would not be able to deliver before the 25th(thinking of the 24th date rolling around the forums) he would have to call me to get a different shipping address. He said "no worries on that, you will be fine". I don't think that was any sales part, because I was clear I was ordering the phone regardless of the delivery date, so he wouldn't be needing to hard sell me.
    I also asked him about Business customers getting any kinds of predelivery. He would only say that once I have the SKU I will get it ordered and shipped.

Another thing he kept comparing things to the TREO launch. I don't know much about it, you guys more familiar with VZW would be able to get more out of that.

Just throwing my 2 cents into the billions of cents of opinions flying around here.
    11-12-08 10:26 AM
    i really don't think there will be people waiting in line for this phone, verizon will probably be sold out of them, but theres definatly not going to be people waiting in line for these phones.
    11-12-08 10:28 AM
    My mindset on the 24th will be that I want it TODAY. Burning a sick day and standing around a VZW store for a few hours is a small price to pay.
    Very true. I am definitely leaning towards taking the day off. I would be royally p****d if I show up later and they're all gone and I have wait even longer.
    11-12-08 10:32 AM
    good luck!! wait times are going to be about 2 hours, managers are only going to let 20 customers in at a time and expected lines will be around the store and everyone weather you are getting a storm or not will have to wait
    I think I'm going to pull an all nighter that night and go wait around the mall about 2 hours prior to opening. I can go get breakfast/lunch if there's no line and if there is a line i'll get in it. I live in a small town where all the college kids will be home and most of the country bumpkin-likes won't be able to afford it. The guy I talked to last night said that there's heavy interest...but he thinks it's more to just see it, try it out, and not necessarily to get it on opening day.
    11-12-08 10:32 AM
    I'll be going online, I've found that if your a new customer you can go online and do the chat function with the reps and they can get you a cheaper price. I did it this week and the person on the chat told me they can get me 20% extra off the phone, free activation, and free overnight delivery if I ordered it from them right then. I went on to tell them I would have to wait till the end of the month when my current contract is over and asked if the offer would still stand then and they told me if it isn't the same offer it would be similar.

So unless the store can do the same thing, I am going online!
    11-12-08 10:33 AM
    The VZW store just our side of NY Clifton, NJ advised me a few weeks ago that they would be getting plenty and there should be no worries.

Like many of you I don't think there will be long lines and a mad rush for this. But just in case I'll be driving the store late the night before to see if there are any tents and waking up very early in the AM to be one of the first through the door. If it comes out during the week thats even better for me because I work in NYC and there are to stores and a Best Buy with blocks of each other.

Has anyone tried getting a best buy preorder just in case you can't get it from VZW the day of?
    11-12-08 10:41 AM
    Or you could go to your local best buy and preorder the phone?
    11-12-08 10:45 AM
    I'll be going online, I've found that if your a new customer you can go online and do the chat function with the reps and they can get you a cheaper price. I did it this week and the person on the chat told me they can get me 20% extra off the phone, free activation, and free overnight delivery if I ordered it from them right then. I went on to tell them I would have to wait till the end of the month when my current contract is over and asked if the offer would still stand then and they told me if it isn't the same offer it would be similar.

So unless the store can do the same thing, I am going online!
    First time poster, long time reader here.

Didn't know you could chat with them like you're talking about. I will either be doing the same as lembowski or using telesales. I'm hoping it'll be the case where they can have it delivered on release date.
    11-12-08 10:46 AM
    First time poster, long time reader here.

Didn't know you could chat with them like you're talking about. I will either be doing the same as lembowski or using telesales. I'm hoping it'll be the case where they can have it delivered on release date.
    If you go in and start to build the plan/phone package you want a little chat box will pop up and ask if you need any help. I mentioned to them that I would be a new customer and seeing it they had any type of promotions going on, thats when they told me about the 20% off, free overnight shipping, and the activation fee being waived.

So unless someone knows how to get a better deal than this, I will be using the chat feature on the 24th!
    11-12-08 11:17 AM
    If you go in and start to build the plan/phone package you want a little chat box will pop up and ask if you need any help. I mentioned to them that I would be a new customer and seeing it they had any type of promotions going on, thats when they told me about the 20% off, free overnight shipping, and the activation fee being waived.

So unless someone knows how to get a better deal than this, I will be using the chat feature on the 24th!
    i will be able to ship out phones the 20th with same options maybe overnight shipping if you are a new customer
    11-12-08 11:24 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD