Hi CB Nation. One guy told me that since iOS7 the iphone got real multitasking.
    But I dont think so.
    Is there real multitasking or not? And how does the 'PB style' active frames work on ios? I think they are frozen?
    Can somebody point out, why there is no multitasking in ios? So maybe I will have a chance to talk with that guy again.
    Thanks

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-02-14 03:58 PM
    all OS's have some type of multitasking. BB10 does things the same as both android and iOS and they also do some things differently. For the most part I dont see any advantage over the multitasking that each OS has. They at the end of the day work the same for the general user. The only major difference is using 2 apps on the screen using a split screen multitasking which android has for some models and a feature iOS feature i think as well
    06-02-14 04:40 PM
    The home button on IOS makes it slower to multitask.(in my opinion when I had it. Hate that stupid home button) BB 10 you swipe and choose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-02-14 06:36 PM
    Howarmat has a point, the truth is things are only done differently and to be honest, in my opinion there is no such thing as multitasking, only ways to do it faster

Posted via CB10 App
    06-02-14 07:34 PM
    The home button on IOS makes it slower to multitask.(in my opinion when I had it. Hate that stupid home button) BB 10 you swipe and choose.

I agree

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 07:46 PM
    BB10 multitasking makes multitasks faster. And efficient. That's all.
    Copy / paste, switch app just by swiping between apps.
    Blazing fast.

Posted via my Aristo Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-02-14 08:08 PM
    Google says: Get to know iOS 7: Multitasking | Macworld

"Goodbye, selective multitasking: iOS 7 brings true background processing to stock and third-party apps."
    06-02-14 09:00 PM
    all OS's have some type of multitasking. BB10 does things the same as both android and iOS and they also do some things differently. For the most part I dont see any advantage over the multitasking that each OS has. They at the end of the day work the same for the general user. The only major difference is using 2 apps on the screen using a split screen multitasking which android has for some models and a feature iOS feature i think as well
    Totally wrong. Show me how you can keep youtube/flash video on iOS or Android continue playing in the background and you win a Benjamin from me.
    In addition, you have better control of background multitasking - on Android it's almost impossible to stop an app running in the background if the developer intended exactly that (Skype is a great example) and you only want it to run per your request .

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 09:35 PM
    When I open more than 1 tab on my iPad's safari, what was on the previous tab is lost. That's when I'm lucky and safari do not crash. When a game is minimize for a bit, any progress is lost. That is not multitasking for me. I was able to do all that just fine with my Playbook. But dont get me wrong, I love my iPad air and my playbook is still collecting dust right now. All devices have their good/bad side. I will keep my iPad until something better for me comes out, same for my Z10.

Use the device that makes you happy!
    06-02-14 10:44 PM
    It truly sucks when I'm watching a youtube video on my S4 and want to check something else the video stops playing. BB10 full multitasking and if anyone says other wise they are just too scared to try out a Brand that does not appeal to the masses. Get off your high horse and prove us BlackBerry fans wrong. In fact Someone do a video comparison of a Non BlackBerry device vs a Z10 or Z30 through the use of mutlitasking. If there's a video already on YouTube then keep watching it because BlackBerry Owns this!

06-07-14 09:26 PM
    Totally wrong. Show me how you can keep youtube/flash video on iOS or Android continue playing in the background and you win a Benjamin from me.
    In addition, you have better control of background multitasking - on Android it's almost impossible to stop an app running in the background if the developer intended exactly that (Skype is a great example) and you only want it to run per your request .

Posted via CB10
    actually you can
    split screen and you can not only run youtube in the split screen but you can run a locally played video too and both would run at the same time

you can cut and paste between the two like text etc this is on android
    and no it doesnt pause one video to play both at the split screen
    06-07-14 09:34 PM
    Start playing a YouTube video in safari. Then switch to another app. The video will pause automatically (so you don't miss any of the video which you now can't see!)

But if would like to continue that paused video, you swipe up from the bottom and press the play button and the video will continue in the background. You can't see it obviously, but you can still hear it.

If the background source is audio only, it won't pause automatically (since there's nothing to miss) and you don't have to do anything. I'm listening to spotify as I type this in tapatalk.

Apps in the background in iOS7 are not "frozen". It's not a free for all either, for various very sensible reasons background tasks are carefully controlled. But apps are not totally frozen.

Have you ever tried a VoIP call with any third party phone app on iOS? Those have worked fine in the background for years now.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 06-07-14 at 11:31 PM.
    06-07-14 09:35 PM
    if your video is pausing then that is an issue with your settings on the s4

goto settings and allow split screen
    and yes i had an s4 which i swaped for a iphone 5 cause my gf wanted an iphone 5 and i wanted an htc one m8
    06-07-14 09:37 PM
    actually you can
    split screen and you can not only run youtube in the split screen but you can run a locally played video too and both would run at the same time

you can cut and paste between the two like text etc this is on android
    and no it doesnt pause one video to play both at the split screen
    Is it on All Android devices? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is Samsung's Feature, multi window. And not all android devices have that. Maybe some 3rd party apps, but I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 11:22 PM
    Here's a comparison I wrote comparing iOS7 and BlackBerry 10.2 back August 2013.. fwiw
    http://n4bb.com/apple-ios-7-versus-blackberry-10-2/ ..

Posted via CB10
    howarmat, m1kr0 and 00_Agent like this.
    06-07-14 11:32 PM
    Here's a comparison I wrote comparing iOS7 and BlackBerry 10.2 back August 2013.. fwiw
    http://n4bb.com/apple-ios-7-versus-blackberry-10-2/ ..

Posted via CB10
    Nice article James. Thanks for posting, I somehow missed that one.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    James Nieves likes this.
    06-08-14 04:59 AM