Is there an app/option to creat an app for this kind of action for us Q10/Q5 users?
    Simple- answer a phonecall:with one of these keys Q W E R
    End call with one of this keys: U I O P

Some Devs interested?!
    06-02-14 06:46 AM
    Why not like one key, pick up "q" and end call "p"

It would take too long to type four keys, I would never use that!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-02-14 07:30 AM
    TS (Thread Starter, what does OP mean btw?) meant either of those keys.

IMO, the spacebar is enough to toggle between picking and ending calls. And don't forget the Swipe-Up for parking the call.

BBQ10
    06-02-14 07:48 AM
    How about holding down the letter C to make a call? Holding down R for most recent callback? E for ending the call? Just thinking...

You'd still be able to use the phone for calls if the digitizer goes out that way.

Sent from the bigger Berry using Tapatalk.
    06-02-14 07:55 AM
    Probably the easiest sequence for key strokes would be the space bar to pick up and the Delete key to hang up. As it stands now, I haven't missed the old dedicated phone keys, but any and all keyboard shortcuts are more than welcome.
    06-02-14 08:10 AM
    Couldn't the space bar be used for both?

If the a call is incoming, the spacebar will pick up. If the call is connected the space bar would disconnect.

OP means original poster

I don't think using a single letter key is a good idea just because then we'll get people complaining that the single key is to small of a space to touch (remember the fiasco the call screen was and people saying the answer bar was too small?)

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:16 AM
    Couldn't the space bar be used for both?

If the a call is incoming, the spacebar will pick up. If the call is connected the space bar would disconnect.

OP means original poster

I don't think using a single letter key is a good idea just because then we'll get people complaining that the single key is to small of a space to touch (remember the fiasco the call screen was and people saying the answer bar was too small?)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. But I think thread starter (TS) makes more sense. Dunno where it really originated but we use it in a local audiophile forum. ).

Yes the spacebar can toggle receive/end calls. For conference calls, the spacebar is disabled, you need to use the touchscreen.

BBQ10
    06-02-14 09:15 AM
    Thanks. But I think thread starter (TS) makes more sense. Dunno where it really originated but we use it in a local audiophile forum. ).
    I know this is off topic but how does Thread Starter make more sense than Original Poster? I'm gonna say its based purely on your comfort level, and history, with using TS from another forum. In my forum experience (since the turn of the century covering everything from games to smartphones and from graphic design to torrents and everything in between) I have never seen TS before and have only known OP.

To each their own I guess.

Back on topic, I don't know if an app would be able to get that level of access to the OS. Although I'm sure an app that replaced the phone altogether, such as Rogers One Number or Skype, would be able to do that.
    06-02-14 09:33 AM
    The only drawback I see to using any of these keys is that all the letter keys are used for speed dial except the space bar, shift (l+r), alt, del, sym, and return. Dollar sign toggles speakerphone. How about power/lock to end calls? I frequently used that on my 9900 while driving because I knew where that was located - vs. fumbling on the toolbelt for end call.
    06-02-14 09:57 AM
    The only drawback I see to using any of these keys is that all the letter keys are used for speed dial except the space bar, shift (l+r), alt, del, sym, and return. Dollar sign toggles speakerphone. How about power/lock to end calls? I frequently used that on my 9900 while driving because I knew where that was located - vs. fumbling on the toolbelt for end call.
    Power/lock key is a great idea.

In order of preference i'd say power/lock, then spacebar

Completely agree about the speed dial issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 09:59 AM
    Why not like one key, pick up "q" and end call "p"

It would take too long to type four keys, I would never use that!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Not every key. Just one of the 4.

To others:
    Thanks to all.
    The spacebar is a nice option too!
    I think this should be possible-
    When the headset is on, there is one button to answer/end calls. Why not without the headphones just use the spacebar/or one of the keys?
    There must be a way to implement this.

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-02-14 11:02 AM
    Wouldn't work for me as I'm sometimes texting with someone while on a call with someone else.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    06-02-14 11:14 AM
    Wouldn't work for me as I'm sometimes texting with someone while on a call with someone else.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    Good point.
    To text you have to leave the phonecall app- just like now without the shortcuts.

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-02-14 11:42 AM
    So space bar actually does pick and end calls and $ sign puts it on speaker? What other shortcuts exist for calling?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 10:40 PM
    How about A for answer and E for end?
    06-03-14 12:06 AM
    So space bar actually does pick and end calls and $ sign puts it on speaker? What other shortcuts exist for calling?

Posted via CB10
    The shortcuts DON?T exist, we're brainstorming possible shortcuts.

Just realized spacebar might not be the best option since a long press minimizes the app.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 08:54 AM
    The shortcuts DON?T exist, we're brainstorming possible shortcuts.

Just realized spacebar might not be the best option since a long press minimizes the app.

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow. I just assumed that BBRY would have thought of something like that. Seems rather intuitive. Maybe they just couldn't decide where they would put the shortcuts. Developing an app that would create these shortcuts would be absolutely fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 09:40 AM
    Oh wow. I just assumed that BBRY would have thought of something like that. Seems rather intuitive. Maybe they just couldn't decide where they would put the shortcuts. Developing an app that would create these shortcuts would be absolutely fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    Yes...would be great!

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-03-14 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, but this should be an option.

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-03-14 03:40 PM
    But only one key is sufficient... say "a" for answer and DEL to end call, they're on the same row...
    Or enter and delete... or space and delete... The keyboard is so huge...

I am sure they thought about it, started to argue and fight, then the chief /chairman said: "Stop! No key! Pass to the next decision.... long press "a" to lock the screen and "q" to turn into vibrating mode? What a nonsens... pass to next... "auto-off"? Are you kidding? Out! Out!"...

Oh, would not bother you... sorry, but you got my point!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-03-14 04:16 PM
    But only one key is sufficient... say "a" for answer and DEL to end call, they're on the same row...
    Or enter and delete... or space and delete... The keyboard is so huge...

I am sure they thought about it, started to argue and fight, then the chief /chairman said: "Stop! No key! Pass to the next decision.... long press "a" to lock the screen and "q" to turn into vibrating mode? What a nonsens... pass to next... "auto-off"? Are you kidding? Out! Out!"...

Oh, would not bother you... sorry, but you got my point!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Yes!!
    A for answer and DEL would be great too!! Just an option, mayby not for everyone. But for those who dont need a trackpad but need to feel when I am answering / end a phonecall.

Come on BlackBerry use your keyboard!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    goUSAFblue likes this.
    06-03-14 04:20 PM