I just have this thought and I think that it could be an interesting idea. BlackBerry Balance is mainly used for enterprise but what if BlackBerry comes out with a new device that has dual sim & allow Balance to run on it?

There are plenty of us who would like to use this bug don't work in big Corporations that uses BES. There are plenty of us who are SME's & Smi's who might just appreciate this..

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and fschmeck like this.
    06-01-14 04:52 AM
    Well i would welcome a dual sim Blackberry,it seems to me that Blackberry think that its only big corporations that need to have there phone split with eg.Balance.There are millions of self employed people in this world that carry two phones around with them or have personal and work on same number,which for some is not a good thing.In fact i was looking at dual sim phones only yesterday and they are all or the ones i came across 99% on the web were made in China but all had Android OS.
    Dual sim would be good if they could be both connected at the same time as some dual sim phones only allow one sim card to be connected,which really is not a good idea.
    web99 likes this.
    06-01-14 05:16 AM
    I seem to recall that dual sim and balance for all were requested at the official " I can make it better" site. If you agree, you could pop over and add your vote.

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    06-01-14 11:23 AM
    You do have inmediatez solutions lets see Android tablets have a Child Centre
    Windows phone and HTC one m8 and Samsung phones too have a secure mode which has apps That be used in That mode for kids and vistors

And you Also have bes cloud

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-01-14 11:32 AM
    From what I've seen Balance isn't really "separate". Once you unlock it, your content is available to you without accessing the secure "side". It's made for business that want a way to secure the company info on the device, and let user have their own info - It's really a BYOD feature.

But it isn't like you have two separate devices in one.... BlackBerry would have to do a LOT of additional work to add phone, text and other features to the secure side and a way to allow for some information to be segregated.
    06-02-14 10:07 AM
    From what I've seen Balance isn't really "separate". Once you unlock it, your content is available to you without accessing the secure "side". It's made for business that want a way to secure the company info on the device, and let user have their own info - It's really a BYOD feature.

But it isn't like you have two separate devices in one.... BlackBerry would have to do a LOT of additional work to add phone, text and other features to the secure side and a way to allow for some information to be segregated.
    Yep balance is in no way a seperate phone or provides a seperate number

It allows a seperate folder slash container That lets have seperate contacta and email and apps but your number and calls still are routed thru your company SIM card

The only solution for dual numbers or a seperate phone is a dual SIM adapters or a dual SIM phone but your apps will be the same
    Maybe Not certain work related apps but your phone and basics apps will be there Unless your work nuters your phone completely

06-02-14 03:59 PM
    The only solution for dual numbers or a seperate phone is a dual SIM adapters or a dual SIM phone but your apps will be the same. Maybe Not certain work related apps but your phone and basics apps will be there Unless your work nuters your phone completely.
    Or, do BBM->Phone and route calls to work numbers via BBM. There's a lot of grunt-work and innovation still to be done in the mobile management space - the market is huge and there's no dominant leader yet. BlackBerry has been doing this for a while, and I think negative perceptions of its future and the idea that BES can only be used for BlackBerry handsets is one of the major things holding it back.

Of course, there's also the possibility (a strong possibility) that Android/iOS will embed containerization into their OS/SDKs and provide a centralized management console/API, thus eating into the MDM market.
    06-04-14 11:20 AM
    .........But it isn't like you have two separate devices in one.... BlackBerry would have to do a LOT of additional work to add phone, text and other features to the secure side and a way to allow for some information to be segregated.
    Not familiar with Balance, but would dual SIM require 2x RAM?
    06-07-14 08:58 AM
    Balance was actually meant to be for consumers too but someone pulled it at the last second.. if you search balance on your phone you can see the capability is there, just needs someone to flick a switch

Check Out TechCraze
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-07-14 09:10 AM
    Balance was actually meant to be for consumers too but someone pulled it at the last second.. if you search balance on your phone you can see the capability is there, just needs someone to flick a switch

Check Out TechCraze
    That's the first I've heard of Balance originally being meant for consumers too, is this confirmed by BlackBerry or a media report somewhere?

Outside of a work owned device Balance is meant to facilitate BYOD if you have bought your own BlackBerry and want to use it for your work mailbox, Intranet and things like BlackBerry Work Drives to connect to your employer's file severs. However in reality it rarely works out being using in a BYOD scenario because so few people personally buy a BlackBerry nowadays.

All BB10 phones and legacy BBOS 6 and 7 phones have the capability to use Balance built in to them because they can all be activated on a BES10 or BES5 server in a work place which in turn can enable Balance on the phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    06-10-14 06:48 PM
    That's the first I've heard of Balance originally being meant for consumers too, is this confirmed by BlackBerry or a media report somewhere?

Outside of a work owned device Balance is meant to facilitate BYOD if you have bought your own BlackBerry and want to use it for your work mailbox, Intranet and things like BlackBerry Work Drives to connect to your employer's file severs. However in reality it rarely works out being using in a BYOD scenario because so few people personally buy a BlackBerry nowadays.

All BB10 phones and legacy BBOS 6 and 7 phones have the capability to use Balance built in to them because they can all be activated on a BES10 or BES5 server in a work place which in turn can enable Balance on the phone.

If bbry used everyone others model you wouldn't need bes at all

Alot of consumer devices already have balance function baked in just they don't require an expencive server

Tablets runing android 4.2.2 or higher have kids mode
    Phones also have kids mode or knox depends on your manufacturer HTC Samsung Windows mobile etc
    It allows you to have an safe aarea on your phone where visitors or kids can visit and play their games and not read work files etc and your phone is passworded off and it acts as its own sandbox

06-10-14 07:48 PM

They didn't do a press release on it, but from discussions I've had with come carrier managers and their discussions with BlackBerry reps that's what I've heard, one manager didn't even know that it wasn't available for consumers until I spoke to them about it..

I hope that BES Cloud Bring that kind of access for consumers who are willing and able to pay, but they might just make it only for BES customers again..

Check Out TechCraze
    06-11-14 01:41 AM
    If bbry used everyone others model you wouldn't need bes at all

Alot of consumer devices already have balance function baked in just they don't require an expencive server

Tablets runing android 4.2.2 or higher have kids mode
    Phones also have kids mode or knox depends on your manufacturer HTC Samsung Windows mobile etc
    It allows you to have an safe aarea on your phone where visitors or kids can visit and play their games and not read work files etc and your phone is passworded off and it acts as its own sandbox

Kids mode is not containerisation. Balance is not about being able to hand your phone to your kids, different scenario completely. Knox requires an MDM server to control it, just like a BES.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 06-11-14 at 03:21 AM.
    06-11-14 03:10 AM
    They didn't do a press release on it, but from discussions I've had with come carrier managers and their discussions with BlackBerry reps that's what I've heard, one manager didn't even know that it wasn't available for consumers until I spoke to them about it..

I hope that BES Cloud Bring that kind of access for consumers who are willing and able to pay, but they might just make it only for BES customers again..

Check Out TechCraze
    Most BlackBerry reps I've met don't know much about the phones or BES, apart from how to try to sell them to you.

BES Cloud would need to support more than ActiveSync to be useful to consumers but then you're back in BIS territory having to act as a middle man between the phone and old inefficient email protocols.

06-11-14 03:13 AM
    Most BlackBerry reps I've met don't know much about the phones or BES, apart from how to try to sell them to you.

BES Cloud would need to support more than ActiveSync to be useful to consumers but then you're back in BIS territory having to act as a middle man between the phone and old inefficient email protocols.

I understand but from the conversation I had this wasn't one of them.

I don't know much about BISvs.BES but from what I see the Cloud would be a nice accompaniment of BlackBerry Blend and get back to the days where you could do OTA back ups and restores but that and much more

Check Out TechCraze
    06-11-14 03:20 AM
    I understand but from the conversation I had this wasn't one of them.

I don't know much about BISvs.BES but from what I see the Cloud would be a nice accompaniment of BlackBerry Blend and get back to the days where you could do OTA back ups and restores but that and much more

Check Out TechCraze
    To be clear BES Cloud is BES in the Cloud, not Cloud Storage. BlackBerry don't seem to want the costs of running a cloud storage product anymore.

BlackBerry do seem to take the philosophy that you backup your personal data to another device you own, such as a laptop or computer, rather than putting it all in the cloud and trusting someone else with it.

06-11-14 03:26 AM